RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Sat Nav, Radio, TV, Reverse Sounds, Bluetooth all gone down
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

dataman999

Many thanks - looks like I'm going to have to buy a decent tool for this job - any recommendations?

Dataman

Post #585334 Wed Aug 14 2019 8:47am
Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Brit Plumber wrote:
In regards to the screen, I think by coding they may mean editing the CCF to match the vehicle. The FCDIM has a abridged CCF in it so if you have say surround cameras and your doner car didn’t, that option needs to be activated on the doner FCDIM to match the CCF in the BCM. To code it, they probably use the VIN which will correlate to the As Built CCF but the unit doesn’t need it to function.

Using a VIN on my car would be hopeless as I’ve retro fitted lots of stuff (some options, some not) and would probably stop it all working until edited.

Apologies if I have miss understood, but I have used a doner screen from a car that didn't have Surround Cameras, Dual View or Rear Screen entertainment which my car has. The doner screen was also one letter out on the part code. It was plug and play for me without any problems.

Post #585335 Wed Aug 14 2019 9:12am
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Interesting, it could mean that if you have any future issues then the internal CCF wouldn’t give you the Camera or RSE option so if they don’t show one day, it probably means a temporary loss of comms. In regards to Dual View, the DV screen is a different unit, the screen is about 1/4” smaller and the bezel is different also. A standard screen can’t physically work as a dual view. It may work in single view but pressing the DV button will likely cause a split screen. I found this out when I retro fitted DV to my standard car. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #585344 Wed Aug 14 2019 4:46pm
Ljdiscovery

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green

Our nav screen radio cell phone and exterior cameras have been out of commission since last summer. We finally took it to the dealer as I understood that it might be a software upgrade issue. Dealer called and told me that I need a new control unit I assume the part under the screen that incorporates the CD player. They told me that it was vin specific. A used unit could not be used. That seems contrary to the experience of many on this forum. They want $2300 I told them to button it up and to do no further work. Does anyone know if this is accurate? 2010 Range Rover Sport. HSE North American spec.
I don’t have much trust of the dealer.........
Thanks. Phil

Post #597317 Fri Apr 03 2020 11:55pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Do your own checks

Check the optical fibre connection at each unit starting with headunit.
See if it has a red light output on optics when the device is powered.
If it doesn’t check that unit has power and check the fuse.

It’s possible to bypass a suspected unit (except headunit) an see if there s an improvement

Also check amp under seat.

Is the lcd stuck displaying RANGE ROVER?

Post #597322 Sat Apr 04 2020 7:34am
Ljdiscovery

We have a 2010 Range Rover sport. Our nav, radio, cell phone and exterior cameras all cut out. We would get the Range Rover screen for 5 seconds. It would then go blank for 55 seconds. It would then show the Range Rover screen for 5 seconds and then blank for 55 seconds and then repeat. I am told that when it goes blank it is cycling through all of the inputs looking for proper connections. Personally I have no idea.

I tried a replacement unit with no luck. Vehicle is at the dealer right now. They just called with a price. $2300 for a new head unit. I told them I would pass. There has to be a work around of some sort. Phil

Post #597344 Sat Apr 04 2020 12:10pm
Ljdiscovery

2010 Range Rover Sport HSE Audio Control Unit Issues

A little more background.

Our Range Rover Sport had been stolen and then recovered. The nav screen and audio control face plate, among other things had been stolen. The thieves then sprayed down the interior with a fire extinguisher to cover the tracks and finger prints.

We replaced the nav screen, headlight switch, start button and audio control faceplace, taillights and door window switched, odd things to steal. After that, everything worked like new.

Some of the retardant evidently got on the top of the audio control unit and some made its way into the unit and onto the computer board. Initially the truck worked great, including radio, cell phone and nav unit.

About 6 months ago the radio, nav and cell phone started acting up. The screen would come on for five seconds and then go dark for 55 seconds and then repeat. Occasionally it would fire up and everything worked great for five or ten minutes, then it would default to the screen on for 5 seconds,, then off for 55 seconds, and then repeat.

About two months ago it went stopped doing the occasional turn on and would only do the 5 seconds on and 55 seconds off, no sound, no cell , no nav, no radio.

I bought a replacement audio control unit from a parts yard. When I plugged it in, it didn't do anything at all, I now think that the replacement unit may be bad.

I read that it may need a software update.

I took it to the local dealer here in San Diego. They found that it wasn't a software update, but that the audio control unit was bad. (They said that it wasn't sending a fiber optics signal, they were wrong) They wanted a few thousand dollars to replace it.

I checked the unit, it was putting out the fiber optics signal. I followed the optics lines through the truck, I had signal through each connected unit.

I pulled the unit and removed the cover. The computer board, had a coating of retardant dust over it. I cleaned it with electronic cleaner and carefully wiped it clean. When I reinstalled the unit, it fired up and everything seemed to work, except I now have no volume. No sound from the radio, the cell of the nav unit.

I checked the fiber optics connections, had a red light on the control unit, the nav screen, the amp, the unit under the drivers, seat and the modules in the cargo area on the passenger side.

I pulled the audio control unit and cleaned it again, reinstalled it, same results, Everything works except the audio, no sound at all.

Can these units be repaired? If so, who does it. If not, does anyone know if these have to be coded to the truck, can a used unit be used? Reason I ask, is the dealer told me that it was a dealer only part, like the key remote, it had to be Land Rover only for my VIN.

I see that Merriam Land Rover in Kansas sells a new audio control unit for about $600, worst case scenario, I buy a new audio control unit from Merriam, I would rather have the computer board repaired if possible. Can they be repaired, any idea what would cause the audio to quit?

Thanks

Phil

2010 Range Rover Sport HSE

Post #597915 Sun Apr 19 2020 11:03pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Sounds like it’s still an fibre optic problem.

Post #597917 Sun Apr 19 2020 11:34pm
Ljdiscovery

I will recheck all of the connections. thanks Phil

EDIT - Going through all of the functions this morning I discovered that none of the audio functions work, the fader, the tones etc. With the audio window open, when I press on the screen, nothing happens. Along with no sound from the radio, the phone or navigation. One more piece of the puzzle.

Post #597918 Mon Apr 20 2020 3:11am
Ljdiscovery

Update

New info provided by the techs at local dealership. I had a chance to talk with a group of techs. None of them knew of any repair shops for the audio control unit. Bummer.

They did tell me that the nav screen is the main brain for the audio controls and navigation. They told me that the audio control unit is burned with your vin. Once burned in, It can’t be changed.

A used part, audio control unit, won’t work by itself. A used part will be tied to a specific nav screen. However. They said that If you replace a used nav screen and used audio control unit that came out of the same vehicle, that were synced together, they should work.

When I bought my used audio control unit, I also bought a nav screen with it. According to the inventory numbers marked on the parts, it appears the they came out of the same truck.

When end we first got the truck the nav screen and other parts had been stolen. I got a used nav screen. Installed it and it worked fine with the original audio control unit.

(I talked with several dealers around so cal yesterday. Most of them told me that a used audio control unit won’t work. One told me that an audio control unit can be rewritten but at this point I just don’t know.i don’t think these parts have high failure rates and dealers tend to just install new parts)

I will I’ll swap out the used, matched nav screen and audio control unit later today it tomorrow and see if that works. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Phil

Post #598012 Wed Apr 22 2020 2:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123