RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Mini Countryman PHEV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Last 24 hours with a Sport has started. i’m Sure I am going to miss it, but really looking forward to the Mini too. Collection time is 15th at 1500 and the forecast is for rain........ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #558994 Thu Jun 14 2018 10:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PIG88

United Kingdom 

Hope the collection goes well, Tim. Looking forward to seeing photos and reading progress reports!

Post #559001 Fri Jun 15 2018 8:03am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

atleast with rain, you can admire the water beads rolling off the car after its detailing Laughing

I've been ex-LR for 2 months now, loving the Audi S4 Avant, but still miss LR in a strange way after 12 years of owning them, so i guess it will be strange as you've been with them a long time too, never mind the difference in size

Post #559003 Fri Jun 15 2018 8:26am
SRE

Spain 
Nice looking car

Tim, the car looks fantastic, I love the Black wheels, really sets the car off. Thumbs Up
One piece of advice, mind your head when jumping in, it's a tad lower than the Sport. Rolling with laughter I've skinned my head twice now since downsizing. Big Cry

Looking forward to your follow up reports. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #559005 Fri Jun 15 2018 8:47am
Tim in Scotland

The thing I will have to really watch out for is trying to press the “Access height” mode button to get out! We have mostly small Hondas in the rest of the family so am quite used to having to haul my bulk up out of a small car without bumping my head rather than stepping down to get out Embarassed the Countryman door sill is only 10mm lower than an Evoque’s so hopefully it won’t be a problem. Will also have to remember when fuelling up to use the petrol hose not the diesel one - my last petrol engined car was in 1995-1998 - a V8i Disco1 - with the occasional petrol engined rental car for a day or so in between.
Will be taking my petrol can to the dealers to wind them up........ OTR price includes 50litres of fuel, Countryman PHEV tank is full at 35 litres! Mr. Green handover will be at 3pm. One thing we noticed with the demo car was that my elderly parents found it much easier to get into and out of the Countryman than the Sport, Mini isn’t only lower but the back door opening is bigger with less wheel arch intrusion than in the Sport 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #559013 Fri Jun 15 2018 9:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Good luck with the Mini, Tim. End of an era for you. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #559017 Fri Jun 15 2018 9:29am
Cobstar

United Kingdom 

Hope your MINI collection went well today Smile

Looking forward to regular reports.

Post #559046 Fri Jun 15 2018 6:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2 hours into the handover my brain was hurting! Home now and it’s a great drive - from leaving the handover bay 19 miles totally electric from start to finish except on small blast of petrol engine when I was a bit heavy on the right foot to join a roundabout but it returned to electric mode as soon as I eased off the pedal. The regenerative braking is great and not as grabby as I experienced with the demo car last November, also mine is 2018MY spec and there are a lot of changes to equipment and spec over the demo I had - couple come to mind - you can select a Sport mode in EV or petrol or you can have “Green” mode that endeavours to save fuel - the “switch” in the demo car was a rather cheap sliding ring at the base of the gear selector, in my car it is now a proper and very tactile switch that matches all the others, also previously you had no indication of the state of charge/ discharge or the rate of electricity consumption - BMW Mini have answered that little fault for 2018MY. I specced the optional black gloss roof rails instead of the brushed aluminium standard set - I didn’t ask for the black sill guards below the doors but because asked for black roofrails Mini changed them from brushed alloy to black gloss too too go with the no cost option black wheels and the roof rails - there is no mention of that change in the brouchure or on the online configurator. Niggles? One tiny one so far........ the car has an official mpg of 134...... the trip computer in the dash stops at 99.9mpg.......

Before you ask the plate is a private one....... reads NoT One For MUD to go next to my Defender’s P12 MUD...... Embarassed it was suggested I could have put NE14 MUD on it - Anyone for MUD? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Fri Jun 15 2018 8:38pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #559054 Fri Jun 15 2018 7:37pm
Cobstar

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Looking good. The Countryman is growing on me. The toggle switches are so neat and just make me smile and they are so tactile too.

Post #559059 Fri Jun 15 2018 8:16pm
Tim in Scotland

The switches are lovely BUT the icons on them for their function is so small it is hard to see what each switch is for......... even when I switched from distance glasses to varifocals. Land Rover beats Mini on that front - chunky switches with easy to read icons! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #559066 Fri Jun 15 2018 8:42pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Great looking car Tim, I wish you all the best with your vehicle and future motoring. What tyres are fitted as standard? Are you going to get some winter tyres in a few month's time?

Keep up the report of your journey with BMW, I have just spent an entertaining half an hour reading through this thread from the beginning.

I still have quite a wait for my F-Pace to be delivered. The Ingenium 300PS engine is not common in an F-Pace destined for the UK market. However, there is a wait list for them as they are going to the States in Disco Sports, Velars and Jaguars in their droves!!!

Good luck and take care,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #559082 Fri Jun 15 2018 10:36pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Happy motoring Tim Thumbs Up Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #559086 Sat Jun 16 2018 6:16am
Tim in Scotland

Managed to download the Mini Connected app today and connect the car to the net - basically doing what ICTP does but via Apple CarPlay and without any visible SIM card. It does a lot of the things the LR app does and a whole lot more!
While setting up the DAB stations in the memory I found I can get Classic FM on the HK system yet I cannot get it on my DAB radio in the house and could never get it in the Sport either.....
have done 95 miles over the weekend - 2 complete charges too 2.5hours each and i’ve Used approx 3 litres of petrol - enough to just move the digital petrol gauge just off the full mark - full rank capacity is 36litres so if I stick to the current motoring pattern (which is 95% of my driving these days it looks like the petrol tank will last at least a month....... so far in petrol only mode it seems to be giving around 54mpg on a nice tight new engine, unfortunately most of the time the mpg read out shows 99.9mpg because that’s how many digits BMW saw fit to give a car that has an official mixed fuel rating of 134mpg...... OK I doubt I will ever see that but as the meter lives at 99.9mpg for most of the time it’s pretty well useless.
The big test for the clever energy management system will be next Thursday when I head into Glasgow city centre which is 30 miles away - we’ll see if I arrive in the outskirts of the city with a fully charged battery so I can be an EV in town - it has worked going through the local villages when I have known i’ve been in ICE mode - it switches to electric mode when the satnav knows there is a 30mph sign and switches back to petrol at the derestriction since - very clever stuff, it even knows the gradients along a programmed in route to a destination to help energy management.
The owner's Manual is a nightmare read though..... i’m Not sure what language it was translated from to English but it certainly wasn’t originally written by a native English speaker! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #559328 Mon Jun 18 2018 10:47pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Another boring old grey Mini Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #559346 Tue Jun 19 2018 8:00am
SRE

Spain 

I think Martin will have to set up a new Forum or sub section for those who deserted. Rolling with laughter
All we need is BC and ADY to link up (not physically) that will be the clown section Tim & Muddy the battery boys for the electrickery bit, and the rest of us can just add a bit as and when Whistle In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #559347 Tue Jun 19 2018 8:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>