RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Rejecting a car within 30 days of ownership - experiences?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Sp13l

England 
Rejecting a car within 30 days of ownership - experiences?

Some of you may have seem my prior posts on the faults with AEB/Front Alert/Sim Reader that have materiealised in my brand new HSE which is deeply disappointing to me. I have the car booked in on Thursday to fix, however, looking at various posts on here, a fix is unlikely with many experiencing reoccurances or god forbid more/different issues resulting.

I am not one to take poor quality or anything other than a car that delivers the features it offers. regardless of whether these are mechanical or convenience faults, this is unacceptable in my opinion.

Therefore, I am seriously contemplating rejecting the car within the initial 30 day window which expires on the 30th October. I understand under consumer law that I can reject this car outright without the need to provide the dealer the opportunity to fix the issues. That said, I am giving them the opportunity this week and for the record, I do like the car and sincerely hope that the fixes are achieved and i will not need to exercise this right.

The fact is that it can be argued that the AEB/FA is a safety floor (appreciating it is not essential) and the fact I can't register the sim would mean my car in not secure and therefore a potential heavy liability to me if the car was stolen.

Questions would be:

1. Do I contact the PCP finance company at the same time? (LR Finance)
2. Do I need to hand the car with keys/log book straight in with the letter or keep the car until it is agreed? I need a car for work.
3. My PCP deal included them sucking up the negative equity in my old car - will I need to cover this neg equity or is it the case that the PCP relates to the car and therefore, will be repaid in full regardless of the deal the dealer had to do to secure the business?
4. I was upsold a number of extras including alloy insurance/tyre cover etc. etc which was incorporated into the PCP - i assume this would be repaid.
5. The consumer act states that the faults should be there since manufacture - technically, the car was OK when I drove it off the forecourt albeit it can be argued that the SIM reader never worked.
6. I suspect that they may want to find me a replacement which I know I do not need to take but I am fearful that the bugs will be present in a replacement.

Anyone experienced returning a vehicle under these circumstances or can provide advise on best practice to get the best and most painless outcome?
Thanks in advance.

Rich

Post #538490 Tue Oct 17 2017 7:46am
james5599

United Kingdom 

Maybe I m Misreading - but SIM card reader - in the centre arm rest?!
What’s they got to do with the tracker ?!

Regards

James 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #538492 Tue Oct 17 2017 8:11am
kmpowell

My friend rejected his brand new FFRR in Jul. His story can be found here, which should answer some of your questions.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic43420.html

If you need more help I can put you in touch with him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #538493 Tue Oct 17 2017 8:32am
Sp13l

England 

Tracker and full function of the incontrek system are only fully operational with the sim i understand. Hapoy to be correxted

Post #538494 Tue Oct 17 2017 8:55am
Sp13l

England 

Thanks km powell. Ilk take a read. Looks quite lengthy Very Happy

Post #538495 Tue Oct 17 2017 8:56am
james5599

United Kingdom 

Sp13l wrote:
Tracker and full function of the incontrek system are only fully operational with the sim i understand. Hapoy to be correxted

So to deactivate the tracker you d just remove the sim card from the armrest ?! No.

Extra features of the infortainment system - traffic / web browser / street view etc- that’s what the SIM card is for.

Not knocking your reasons for rejection just clarifying.

My 17 has got gremlins my phone disconnects from time to time , and the screen/system has the odd meltdown but it’s not disastrous.

All the best 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #538496 Tue Oct 17 2017 8:58am
Sp13l

England 

Thanks for clarifying James.

I assumed that without a SIM, the car cannot fully communicate with the incontrol secure but I guess this is incorrect. as you say, pretty easy for a thief to remove. Must be an internal sim?

Even so, I rely on my car for work and the real time traffic is a must as I am on the road and in meetings a lot. the BMW system I had prior was fantastic at alerting me of issues and suggesting new routes and saved my skin a few times. Without the SIM I won't have this function as you say and for me, the car isn't as described/advertised which is a given reason for potential rejection I understand. Let's see what Thursday brings. I don't want to reject the car, but I also don't want to live with the issues either

Post #538508 Tue Oct 17 2017 11:32am
james5599

United Kingdom 

The sim card reader not functioning or not
Functioning correctly is a well known issue , sounds like I got a good one. 😂.

I have also had the AEB failure whilst on the motorway, restart after a short while and it’s been fine ever since.

Rejecting is a fairly arduous process with lots of backing and forthing, hopefully it doesn’t come to that and you can get onto enjoying your new car.

Let us know how you go!

Thumbs Up 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #538509 Tue Oct 17 2017 11:39am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

This should help http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/your-new-car-rights

Don't be fobbed off if you're sure and definitely contact finance company as they are more likely to sort than dealer imho

Good luck - been there and got the t-shirt Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #538511 Tue Oct 17 2017 12:07pm
Sp13l

England 

Thanks muddy. Very helpful. I will be drafting a letter to use if required pending outcome of dealer investigations on Thursday. Appears i have been generous in allowing them an opportunity to remedy the faults. Let's hope i don't need to serve it.
Goinh to go through the whole car with a fine toothcomb tomorrow to see if any other issues or gremlins are evident. Not noticed anything else as yet but only done 400 miles so not really given it a thorough run or test as yet.

Post #538531 Tue Oct 17 2017 4:49pm
Autobiography

Rejection is actually very easy, particularly at this price point.

Post #538602 Wed Oct 18 2017 1:52pm
Sp13l

England 

So i am set to drop car off to give dealer opportunity to rectify the issues mentioned with aeb and front alert not worming. Also the sim card reader isnt working.

Thought i would go through the car and functions to see if i can see any other issues. Needless to say i found a few more definate issues and some i am not sure of.

1. Auto opening of boot by sensor control (foot wIving feature) . Doesnt always sense the motion which is a problem in itself and when it does it opens only partially. Sticks at about 1 foot from boit floor. Works ok with the keyfob and button on dash. Wierd

2. Seat squeaks and makes a fart noise everytime i get in and start up. Looks like leather is rubbing on centre console. Irritating and i find myself expkaining its the car and not me! 😀

3. Indicator and kight storks not illuminated at night with lights on. Not sure if this is right, a design floor or a fault. Please advise.

Thats it however i wonder what else i will find if/when the sim worjs and i am abke to test the remaing features controlled by sim.

Thoughts? My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #538632 Wed Oct 18 2017 6:28pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

^^^ Unfortunate that you complain about QC in a post with many text/spelling issues !

Post #538641 Wed Oct 18 2017 7:04pm
Sp13l

England 

It amazes me that people take the time to criticise spelling on an informal forum but each to their own.

Anyone able to come up with some advice rather than smart alec remarks? My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #538660 Wed Oct 18 2017 8:41pm
Sp13l

England 

It amazes me that people take the time to criticise spelling on an informal forum but each to their own.

Anyone able to come up with some advice rather than smart alec remarks? My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #538661 Wed Oct 18 2017 8:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>