RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Rejecting a car within 30 days of ownership - experiences?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Sp13l

England 

Thanks Phil.

I hear what you say about what individually may seem like small faults ajd i would agree that individually these wouldn't warrant a rejection. The point is that in my opinion a car with a series of faults could indicate a rogue (friday) car. I have onlly covered under 400 miles and certainly haven't in my opinion fully tested the car. Mechanically it may be sound it may not. The omens aren't good and do i want to have the potential issues in the future? If i was a gambling man, i wouldn't back the car not having future issues.

It is a dilemma My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #539019 Mon Oct 23 2017 8:41pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

philmw wrote:
If you are seriously thinking about rejecting then I would suggest talking to a solicitor, and don't give the dealer excuses. Comparing to a BMW does nothing to your case, nor does "premium brand" or "selling point". It is what it is. Also doesn't help talking about all the stories you've read on the internet. As far as the dealer is concerned you could well have read those before you bought the car and still went ahead. Why does a non-working SIM reader and squeaky seat make you think the car will let you down? Falling out of love with the car is also not a valid reason to reject.

Personally I think you'll have a hard time having these faults judged as significant and hence able to reject. Easier to give them the chance to fix and offer you something in return (servicing, or example, costs them nothing).

Sounds like the one side of the dealers hasn't a clue what the other is doing, and their treatment sounds dreadful. However, their incompetence doesn't make what was a number of minor faults a significant one.

I would just lay out who said what when, who did what and when, and ask for a definitive action plan and timetable for them to fix the agreed faults by.

Good luck.

Phil’s thoughts make good sense. I suppose that LR could argue that they provide the warranty for the very reason that they expect the car to be good but if not then they will fix it free of charge. So perhaps if they are supplying you with an equivalent vehicle to use all the while yours is with them, and providing minimum inconvenience to you, then you are getting the best of a bad situation. .. Question Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #539039 Mon Oct 23 2017 11:03pm
Sp13l

England 

A bit of an update for those interested.
Had a lengthy call with the sales manager who was very apologetic and sympathetic to the issues to be fair. Seemed genuinely upset at the service levels i have received. Car is still in the workshop but he tells me the issues are sorted and a new sim reader installed and working. He wants to run the car himself for a day to ensure issues are sorted before i collect. It did cross my mind that he may be stalling me but i think he is genuine.
Looking to collect tomorrow so fingers crossed its all sorted and i can get on with enjoying the car.
I didnt get any paperwork on the work done when i brought it in last time (New forward camera). Should i have got something as proof of the issues in the past to back up any potential future issues? Or do i eeky on tbe electronic records jlr hold? My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #539221 Wed Oct 25 2017 9:41pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I’d just ask them to provide a paper record of all the work done

Best of luck for tomorrow Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #539224 Wed Oct 25 2017 10:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123