RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Careless parkers strike again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Netsters

England 

I had a similar incident yesterday while i was sitting stationary parked in a bay outside Wimbledon station, a guy coming from the other directions decides he needs to do a U-Turn to come and park behind me (silly move on a busy high street), you could tell it was going to go wrong from the outset, but he cocks up the manoeuvre, which resulted in having to do some back and forth under the pressure of traffic. Needless to say that he managed to end up whacking it to my bumper simply because he cannot drive. He tried the "it's just a scratch" while attempting to use his finger as some sort of magic t-cut.

When I said "err, don't fink so my friend, I think we need to exchange insurance details", he said, "but that will put up my insurance premium?"

"Yes, well try pressing your brake next time"

It actually hasn't caused lots of damage, it has scratched the black metal plate under the bumper and a couple of marks on the bumper itself. I taken it to the dealers to have a look at for a quote. Anyone know if the dealers can do this sort of repair without having to change the bumper etc? Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #490305 Mon Mar 07 2016 10:52pm
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Tim, that really sucks, feel for you big time. Get yourself a 16 year old Peugeot 206 for car park work Wink

Muddy, have you tried Datakam Player? It's free and pretty good too, available for Mac and Billy Censored . There is also Dashcam Viewer which is very comprehensive, but a slightly messy screen layout unless you have a massive laptop / monitor! There is a trial version which has limited functions, worth a look.

I agree regarding the Blackvue software, apart from it has a fixed 4:3 ratio which is odd, so you can't use your whole screen.
My Blackvue DR650 2 channel works perfectly, although I took it out of my old X5 and it's still sat on my office desk! I have the Power Magic Pro too, so you can leave the thing on 24 hrs in parking mode and it'll pick up movement near the car as and when. The Thinkware looks really good, but the front unit is the size of a house brick compared to the Blackvue!

When I bought the RRS, I also bought a Mini 0806 dash cam, which turned out to be really good, so that's still installed. Only front facing, but the video quality is impressive! It can take some time to get a GPS fix, but reckon that's due to the heated screen elements helping to block reception...

Post #490307 Mon Mar 07 2016 11:07pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Cheers Slim Thumbs Up

I've tried dashcam viewer trial which looks ok but not paying for it yet - will look at Datakam first Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #490309 Mon Mar 07 2016 11:20pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Netsters wrote:
It actually hasn't caused lots of damage, it has scratched the black metal plate under the bumper and a couple of marks on the bumper itself. I taken it to the dealers to have a look at for a quote. Anyone know if the dealers can do this sort of repair without having to change the bumper etc?

Nesters, the local dealership here says it's a regular repair for them and no need to replace the bumper as the damage hasn't broken anything so they can sand it down and paint it without replacement of the bumper.

I have just had a phone call from the bodyshop apologising for not sending the quote last night but they wanted to speak to me about the aero trim under the bumper that is scuffed. When they looked at the car yesterday the estimator thought that the aero bit was a separate part but it isn't............ As it is scuffed too did I want io replace the full bumper or would tidying it up with some black plastic paint do. New bumper 500squids +VAT +++++ becomes an expensive bit of aero trim that isn't noticeable, if I had had the body coloured trim then I would have had to have replaced the entire bumper. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #490330 Tue Mar 08 2016 10:22am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ali5711

United Kingdom 

I have a spare bumper now when I have another scrape on the front bumper - there's a few around, incl eBay, from garages changing front styles and are relatively easy to exchange.

Post #490341 Tue Mar 08 2016 1:11pm
ali5711

United Kingdom 

I have the spare aero bits and these do clip in to the bumper and two screws. The bumper is removed to replace these. No new bumper is required or you can buy a moulding from LR for £37 + VAT Retail.

Post #490342 Tue Mar 08 2016 1:15pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thanks Ali, just shows what the body shops know about their product! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #490343 Tue Mar 08 2016 1:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12