RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Careless parkers strike again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Careless parkers strike again

Washing the car this morning I find the near side front corner of the bumper well scuffed and dark green paint on it............. Off to the local LR Dealership who couldn't have been more helpful. No need for a whole new bumper, the scuffs aren't so deep that their cannot be sanded out and the area resprayed but I need to have a new trim piece that makes up the aero trim along the lip edge of the bumper................. Big Cry Thank goodness no panel damage only plastics. Now to wait for the quote to arrive............... Could they do it while the car is in for a service later in the month? "Don't see why not sir so long as you only have a standard service and no additional items that might need another department working on the car at the same time!"
Problem is I don't know which of the various supermarket/ garden centre / B&Q car parks I used this weekend that the damage occurred at...........
After washing and estimating...........
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #490253 Mon Mar 07 2016 5:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PEACHY

England 

Shocked Censored Shocked

Why not fit a dashcam - I know it wouldn't have stopped it but atleast you may have caught the Censored

Hope you get it sorted without too much fuss Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #490256 Mon Mar 07 2016 5:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Bloody hell Tim, I feel for you mate!

This is why I picked up a 2005 Disco. When ever I need to go to the garden centre, supermarket or park up for a while in a public car park I take "Big Bertha"

The thing is, is that everyone stays well away from her. If I take the Sport I always come back to a Censored box parked right next to it! Big Cry

Jim

Post #490257 Mon Mar 07 2016 5:58pm
Nowaytk

England 

Censored bar stewards, I've noticed over the last few years that the standard of driving nowdays has taken a serious nose dive so I'm supprised that there aren't more of us posting this sort of damage on here. At least it can be repaired and hopefully you will forget all about it in time ( nothing worse than knowing of a defect on your car ). I remember just after I brought an Audi I had, I misjudged where a concrete post was resulting in a few more gouges than yours, got a guy from chips away round and he worked his magic, looked like new and soon forgotten about. 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #490259 Mon Mar 07 2016 6:04pm
Tim in Scotland

What really annoys me is that I use the "greedy" parking method of parking across two slots in those car parks so it must have been someone really bad at parking................ Or really angry that I had parked across two slots Rolling with laughter They lost paint off their car too judging by the paint flakes on the edge of the intake above the fog light and paint in the scrape marks. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #490260 Mon Mar 07 2016 6:17pm
Buster007

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I feel your pain Tim!! I got myself a nice Defender 90 now for car park visits! Mine you I still park that over two spaces at the other end of the car park Rolling with laughter Cheers Laurence.

Post #490264 Mon Mar 07 2016 6:38pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Censored

They should be made to resit driving test and taken to the cleaners Evil or Very Mad

Feel for you Tim - I've been there so many times. Last time was my immaculate MGTF only driven occasionally parked at a funeral but I traced the culprit via cctv on premises who denied it until they were shown the footage and coughed up. I now have dashcam front and rear with park mode. If I can park under cctv I do that too Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #490266 Mon Mar 07 2016 6:56pm
Buster007

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Muddy what dash cam have you got? Think this may be the way to go Thumbs Up Cheers Laurence.

Post #490270 Mon Mar 07 2016 7:21pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Thinkware F750 as recommended by BC as I was fed up of buying Blackvue and them breaking Confused

Blackvue software was better for saving and editing though I am looking into alternatives Sad

Speed camera alert on Thinkware is a great feature and higher resolution rear camera so guess you can't have everything Wink

Here is some footage showing quality https://vimeo.com/user49563917 Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #490272 Mon Mar 07 2016 7:26pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Tim in Scotland wrote:
What really annoys me is that I use the "greedy" parking method of parking across two slots in those car parks so it must have been someone really bad at parking................ Or really angry that I had parked across two slots Rolling with laughter They lost paint off their car too judging by the paint flakes on the edge of the intake above the fog light and paint in the scrape marks.

Somewhat double standards to complain about bad parking when you admit to taking up two bays !!!

However I'm sorry you've picked up the scratch, car park bays seem to be shrinking as fast as the price of land rises which doesn't help.

Post #490279 Mon Mar 07 2016 8:18pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

+1 for ChipsAway for damage like this. Below is a section of the near side of my Black Edition's rear bumper:

Click image to enlarge

ChipsAway guy repaired, painted/blended and baked it (using a lamp, not an oven obviously) all done in a couple of hours on my driveway. Kept the car for another year after that and you couldn't tell there was any damage ever. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #490282 Mon Mar 07 2016 9:00pm
Tim in Scotland

I used Chipsaway on the tailgate of my 1st RRS back in 2006 and the local franchise guy was on his first day in the job..... He did a brilliant job of matching up the Giverny Green with the repair on a day when he had to work in a garden gazebo rigged over the car with snow falling all around, unfortunately we don't have a local franchise here any longer. I could have used my Defender and not worried about collecting any more dents and scratches but it has been so cold here that it is locked up in a dry shed with it's battery hooked up to a conditioner until it gets a bit warmer. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #490287 Mon Mar 07 2016 9:11pm
wilf

Within two weeks of getting mine, I noticed a parking scuff on a front wheelarch. Luckily it polished out. Too gentle e nudge to activate the dashcam.

I think it is an inevitability today, cars are larger, parking places narrower. And driving standards? Don't get me started. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #490290 Mon Mar 07 2016 9:39pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Tim, perhaps the best things is to just shrug it away as a "First World Problem" and get on with something else. Sure, it's annoying (it's the lack of thought for others that's annoying, not the damage) but it's nothing terrible in the grand scheme of things. Much worse things going on in the world... Big Cry 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #490291 Mon Mar 07 2016 9:40pm
IRBails

Australia 
Re: Careless parkers strike again

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Washing the car this morning I find the near side front corner of the bumper well scuffed and dark green paint on it............. Off to the local LR Dealership who couldn't have been more helpful. No need for a whole new bumper, the scuffs aren't so deep that their cannot be sanded out and the area resprayed but I need to have a new trim piece that makes up the aero trim along the lip edge of the bumper................. Big Cry Thank goodness no panel damage only plastics. Now to wait for the quote to arrive............... Could they do it while the car is in for a service later in the month? "Don't see why not sir so long as you only have a standard service and no additional items that might need another department working on the car at the same time!"
Problem is I don't know which of the various supermarket/ garden centre / B&Q car parks I used this weekend that the damage occurred at...........
After washing and estimating...........

Bad luck Tim, I've had this done as well, not the new car, which is the same colour as yours, I try and reduce how close some one can get to me by parking next to pillars etc in car parks or avoiding the scene altogether. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #490295 Mon Mar 07 2016 10:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>