RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Auto Start Stop
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

United Kingdom 

Tim, Got it back last Friday after 6 weeks! Seems the problem was that the car thought it was being nicked and just shut down, LR HQ tech were on the case and it is claimed never happened before. After the rubbish Evoque talk about 5h17 luck!

I had grown quite fond of the Shogun loan car, a good honest vehicle, as well equipped as the RRS and with a significantly better line fit (800W) audio system - and - at less than half the price of the RRS. LR have been fairly generous for the trouble, doubt they have made any profit from my vehicle but I would rather it not have happened, always on your mind it may happen again.

However it was nice to get the RRS back, it bit of power to overtake, quiet, smooth and not having to brake before you go into a corner. Got until Easter to enjoy the deserted roads before the zombie plague returns. Planning a trip over Applecross for lunch before March, fantastic road, first time we did that run was in 1979 in an MGB.

A friend was moaning today that the water pump had failed on their Vauxhall, I said be thankful, at least it a broken mechanical part which can be replaced and you know its fixed.

Tony 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Last edited by 0310 on Fri Feb 05 2016 10:28am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #486527 Wed Feb 03 2016 11:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Tony,

Great news that you have your car returned to you!! Did you notice any difference since Park took over M&D? I would imagine that the people are all the same and it will take a while for a new "Corporate Culture" to be inculcated into the work force. Not that one was needed. Is CS still there, or has he taken the opportunity for early retirement??

Good news anyway.

All the best,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #486530 Wed Feb 03 2016 11:55pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Great news that you have it back, pity that the weather isn't so great! Do you fancy a Highlands and Islands mini meet? I've never driven the Applecross road, read plenty about it though and suggested to others that they should try it if in the area! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #486538 Thu Feb 04 2016 8:58am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Tim,

I have driven the Applecross road twice in the RRS since I had it and innumerable times over the years. You are correct it is a very spectacular drive with a different vista each time you round a bend - and there are plenty of those! Ideal road to test out the Dynamic setting, for those that have it.

At least if we arranged a mini meet, it wouldn't be too far to tow Tony home (sic!)!!!! Seriously Tony, you have had much more than your fair share of LR failures. You are due a long run of incident free motoring.

If the concept of a mini meet starts to develop, please let me know as I would be very interested.

All the best,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #486557 Thu Feb 04 2016 12:39pm

United Kingdom 

JOCK55 wrote:
Tony,

Great news that you have your car returned to you!! Did you notice any difference since Park took over M&D? I would imagine that the people are all the same and it will take a while for a new "Corporate Culture" to be inculcated into the work force. Not that one was needed. Is CS still there, or has he taken the opportunity for early retirement??

Good news anyway.

All the best,

Old Jock

Hi Jock,

Sorry, I owe you a reply from a few days back, life's hectic at the moment, so much for retirement!

As yet no change at M&D, they still provide a good service when LR let them. Never heard of Park until I read about the take over, I hope they don't screw things up as its a long way to find another LR dealer. If our dealership went down to the standards others on here have experienced, that would definitely make me change brands.

Tony 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #486562 Thu Feb 04 2016 1:16pm

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Great news that you have it back, pity that the weather isn't so great! Do you fancy a Highlands and Islands mini meet? I've never driven the Applecross road, read plenty about it though and suggested to others that they should try it if in the area!

Tim,

Sounds like a plan, for those who have not visited this area the roads are fantastic with very little opportunity for Start-Stop to activate. The pub at Applecross serves good food but is absolutely packed out in zombie season, so early or late in the year.

I am still trying to find the road that Top Gear used to road test the F Type, I think it may be Dingwall to Ullapool, will make another trip in that area this spring to see what might have been if we had bought the F Type last April - still want one, highly addictive!

Post #486565 Thu Feb 04 2016 1:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123