RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Dynamic mode
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Apart from the changes to the performance,ride and body control it also changes the map of the electrical power steering and it feels like it does things to the Torque Vectoring as I can corner this car far faster around the same roads that I used to drive my 2007 TDv8 which had the original Dynamic Handling Pack fitted (no torque vectoring in those days. Mine lives in Dynamic mode except for when I am on long motorway hauls, it is brilliant for driving the twisty main and back roads in this part of the country, even on a drive into town I can have a lot of fun. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Fri Oct 09 2015 2:26pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #475762 Thu Oct 08 2015 4:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

It's a big ticket item ... and yes it is definitely worth and you will notice it

it very much depends on if you think you'll use it and the type of roads your driving on... Then there's your driving style

if you've got a heavy right foot .. it's a yes... If you're driving in town all day long.... well... it's a NO

I'm on mountain passes .. hairpin bends and big drops if you get it wrong everyday ... I wouldn't spec a car without it !! 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Last edited by andman on Thu Oct 08 2015 9:15pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #475780 Thu Oct 08 2015 7:06pm
wilf

It was Dynamic mode that finally settled my mind about moving from a saloon acknowledged to be one of the best for its ride/handling (XF) to a RRS.

I do enjoy some "corner carving" on a regular basis, and every time I tried a RRS I came away feeling, um, unenthused.

And then I was allowed to try one with the full Dynamic pack, selected the relevant mode, and picked it up by the scruff of its neck and hurled it around some deserted country lane corners.

Remarkable. Revelationary even. The way JLR have managed to get this tall, heavy, ungainly (compared to any sports coupe) SUV to get around corners is remarkable, and I mean when you use all the technology involved, like dynamic mode, torque vectoring, stability control, anti roll, the works.

Made me realise why the journos go on about it so. So I specified the HSE Dynamic and am beginning to look forward to its arrival, much as I love my XF (and still enjoy the way that goes around corners). MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #475792 Thu Oct 08 2015 8:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12