RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Autobrite products
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Garage Door Medic

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Autobrite products

Me and my son are going to Autobrite offices (Stoke on Trent)on Saturday to have a day with them where they do a training course called "Back to Basics" they show you how to clean your car properly !!! £50 each with their products, my son keep saying how good it is, does anyone else use these products, as I can see that when I go, my wallet will be thinner at the end of the day, but don't want to buy rubbish. Anyone got any info ???
Thank you Very Happy MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #420115 Wed Apr 02 2014 8:18pm
M55RK H

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi GDM I live in stoke been there a couple of times its very interesting well worth a visit and yes fill ya wallet up,,,lol Rolling Eyes MARK

Post #420116 Wed Apr 02 2014 8:24pm
Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

I use their snow foam lance. it is excellent. far better than any other I have tried.
Mind you I have found Bilt Hamber Surfex-HD the best product.
Not a lot in it though.

Post #420118 Wed Apr 02 2014 8:34pm
Garage Door Medic

Thanks, he been telling me to get a snow foam lance, hope the neighbours don't mind me turning my drive into a winter wonderland every Saturday morning !!!! He given me a list of products to buy!!! Before I got my sport 2 months ago a car wash was £6 down the road, I've now got grit buckets, microfibre cloths galore wash mits, drying towels and looks like it's gonna grow on Saturday Shocked MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #420119 Wed Apr 02 2014 8:40pm
Terryrrs

United Kingdom 

To help dry the rrs I use a leaf blower and just finish off with a waffle cloth. The blower is great on blowing out water from inaccessible places. Thumbs Up

Post #420199 Thu Apr 03 2014 1:57pm
Jens0n

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Garage Door Medic wrote:
Thanks, he been telling me to get a snow foam lance, hope the neighbours don't mind me turning my drive into a winter wonderland every Saturday morning !!!! He given me a list of products to buy!!! Before I got my sport 2 months ago a car wash was £6 down the road, I've now got grit buckets, microfibre cloths galore wash mits, drying towels and looks like it's gonna grow on Saturday Shocked

Very Happy
Am in same boat. Before the RR I used local jet wash, now I've got enough kit to start up in competition against them Embarassed
Especially love my AB Snow Foam Lance, makes things so easy!

My RR's Orkney grey and looking at options to finish/seal it with. Out of interest, what was recommended to you?

Thanks in advance
J

Post #420202 Thu Apr 03 2014 2:44pm
Garage Door Medic

Jens0n
Not been yet, going down this Saturday, will let you know. MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #420257 Thu Apr 03 2014 9:02pm
Garage Door Medic

Had a dat at Autobrite head office in Stoke, and I did not know there are so many products out there to keep my baby clean, started at 10 am and a very knowledgeable guy called Clive, when though all the basics of wheel cleaning, pre washing, snow foaming, two bucket wash and drying. The course was called Back to Basics, and they show you all their products and haw to use them correctly, it wasn't a sales type course, there is a well stocked shop upstairs to buy if you wish. They also showed us how to get rid of scratches and swirl marks out of the paint using polish and DA & Rotory polishing machines, we worked on my sons car, (my baby was too clean) they polished a 300x 300 area in the center of the bonnet and only took about 10 mins and the result was fantastic, it was like a mirror, so we took it in turns to use the different machines to do the rest of the bonnet, what a difference it makes, very tempted to buy a machine and do mine, but think I may go to scrap yard first and have a long practice. There was only me and my son as I don't think they advertised it, there are normally 10 other like minded people for each course. Cost was £50 each, we got few cups of tea. Then I went upstairs to the shop and emptied my wallet. I bought
Snow foam lance for my Karcher
5L Snow Foam
Clay Bar
Purple rain. to get rid of all the brake dust and contamination on the wheels (not for every week clean)
Very Cherry acid Free wheel cleaner.
Just the Tonic Glue and Tar remover
Berry Blast. Quick Detailer
Repel. Glass treatment (no need to put your wipers on with this)
Hell Shine, The Abyss, paint and trim sealer (water just runs off the car when this has been applied)
Various brushes, bottles to water down certain products drying towels

Just need about two days to use them on my own car MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #420457 Sun Apr 06 2014 4:18pm
M55RK H

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Looks like ya goin be busy then fella,,lol did you have a good day Thumbs Up MARK

Post #420469 Sun Apr 06 2014 6:15pm
Garage Door Medic

Yes, we did thanks. Just want to go out and clean my car, but because I was out all yesterday, I've had to do family stuff to keep her in doors happy, but I did manage to have a go with the snow foam on her car, but didn't give it a proper wash, coz it's only a sportage, and not wasting my products on a KIA Laughing Laughing MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #420513 Sun Apr 06 2014 8:44pm
Jens0n

Thanks for the write up Very Happy I'd like to get to one of these also but little to far for me to go. Crying or Very sad

Spoke with the very helpful AB on Friday and just today ordered the Hell Shine Abyss and Cheery Glaze paint polish & protectant at their recommendation.

Temperature being OK , looks like the clay bar might be out this coming weekend to make ready for the above.

I'm interested to see how the Hell Shine Abyss works out. Seems a little expensive but if lives up to reports then I'll be very happy.

Enjoy your new toys Garage Door Medic ! Very Happy Gone - MY12 SDV6, Orkney Grey, Ivory interior, Privacy Glass

Post #420585 Mon Apr 07 2014 4:22pm
Garage Door Medic

It is expensive, but you don't use much of it, the guy used a small round pad, put about 4 drops on it and that did most of the 2 more drops and the car was completed, he said if you can see it on the paint that's all you use. He did say most people use too much product, which in turn cost more to use and harder to buff off if using wax products. MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #420638 Mon Apr 07 2014 10:58pm
faceliftlee

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 Autobiography Siberian Silver

I'm booked in for the next course 10th of may there are a few spaces left only £20 deposit just got to save up now to buy a load of goodies on the day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #420808 Wed Apr 09 2014 9:41pm
Garage Door Medic

We were lucky when we went as they didn't advertise it, there was only me and my son, and they normally only allow 10 people, we both went down in our own cars, but he saw mine and said it was to clean to work on Laughing so they used my sons, so if you want yours cleaning take it down dirty. They do make you a couple of brews, either take some dinner with you or there's a burger king about 10mins drive away, take plenty of cash, but don't tell her in doors, what you actually spent, I do as she does, I ask her how much were them shoes, whatever she says I double it Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter you also get discount because of the course. Take a raincoat just in case as the 1st part washing is outside, enjoy MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #420820 Wed Apr 09 2014 11:05pm
Jens0n

Had chance to make a start yesterday evening, just on the bonnet to begin with.

Wash > Clay > Wash > Cherry Glaze > Hell Shine Abyss. Mr. Green

Took nearly an hour but am delighted with the result.
Glad of the advice to use little of the products, muscle power was on medium mode vs the full Cardio workout I've been used to years gone by when waxing cars.

I am reminded after doing just the bonnet what a big car the RRS is.

J Gone - MY12 SDV6, Orkney Grey, Ivory interior, Privacy Glass

Post #420937 Fri Apr 11 2014 11:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>