RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > How to change KMH dial to MPH dial on insturment cluster
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRSamuel

How to change KMH dial to MPH dial on insturment cluster

What is the best and easiest way to take the instrument cluster off the car and to change the background of the speedometer in a 05-09 range rover sport?

I just imported a 2007 RRS 2.7TDV6 HSE from Germany to UK and have already switched the headlight alingment from LHD to RHD and the car already has rear fog light on both sides, so last thing to do for needed changes for the UK traffic is to change the speedometer dial from KMH to MPH. I bought a MPH dial fascia from a company called lockwood. (It's a LHD because I'm taking it with me to Finland next year.) Smile

Post #375615 Mon Mar 04 2013 7:18pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Don't know if you have the same in pre 2010 model , but in mine you can change the digital speedo reading to kph and litres/100km by going into the settings on the centre display. If you are taking it out of the uk again soon, then it might not be worth choping and changing the speedometer!
Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #375747 Tue Mar 05 2013 7:16pm
codfather

Just searched and came up with this, courtesy of bobby!

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...luster.pdf MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Post #375748 Tue Mar 05 2013 7:22pm
codfather

Just searched and came up with this, courtesy of bobby!

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...luster.pdf MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Post #375750 Tue Mar 05 2013 8:20pm
RRSamuel

Thanks! I also just found that. I might try to do it first with out removing the steering wheel, if there is enough space.

I would not like to shred my instrument cluster, but I have to get the car to UK plates (because of taxing reasons in the country where I'm taking it in the future) and to meet the requirements here, I have to get speedometer to show MPH.

I guess in the 05-09 models you can't get a digital speedometer in the screen? But you can get everything else changed form km's to miles tough. Or if there is a possibility to get a digital speedo in the screen and some one knows it, I would like to here it!

Post #375859 Wed Mar 06 2013 9:37pm
RRSamuel

Help needed! Smile

I got my hands on to the insturment cluster by following this instruction (mostly, I didn't took the steering wheel, steering column shrouds and switch assembly off yet) http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...luster.pdf Thanks for bobby, these are good instructions.

BUT, after I took the two torx screws (point 13. in the instruction) off holding the instrument cluster it's still stuck there quite well! Does anyone know is there some other screws hidden under the dash in the RRS 05-07? The instruction I followed seems like to be more focused on discovery.

I wouldn't like to take too much parts off if it's not needed, and mostly, I wouldn't like to break anything...

I will post pictures and instructions of this. If I succeed in it. Very Happy Eventough, I think many people won't ever need it...

Post #376074 Fri Mar 08 2013 10:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1