RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Suspension Fault - Normal Height Only - QUICK QUESTION
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

GIB 984

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Suspension Fault - Normal Height Only - QUICK QUESTION

I reckon I am about to have my compressor replaced after the dreaded "Suspension Fault – Normal Height Only" display and the car now about 2mm from the floor and driving like a bone shaker.

Its out of warranty and my garage who I always use for my cars once they are out of warranty will do the work but is there any way that they can do the required software update after replacing the compressor as outlined below?

Weak Compressor: An official Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) LS-204-004 addresses "ELECTRONIC AIR SUSPENSION (EAS) WARNING MESSAGE AND LAMP ILLUMINATION". This deals with the warning message "Suspension Fault – Normal Height Only" message appearing with the Air Suspension Warning Lamp on.

Computer diagnosis shows pressure increasing too slowly or unable to pressurize, with no air leaks. The usual problem is the compressor exhaust valve sticking, causing an internal air leak when the compressor is active. The bulletin recommends renewing the air compressor (RQG500090 is the latest specification air compressor with a stronger exhaust valve return spring)and installing and updating the air suspension control module software using WDS disc 13 or later.

Best Wishes

Gary

Post #281942 Sat Dec 04 2010 4:24pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Had the dreaded message on the old Sport and it was a new Air Compressor requirement. That said in OZ they did not go for the "LR supplied one" but an OEM version.. total cost for me was 850 Aussie Dollars (well Allianz extended warranty Insurance)..

After the Suspension fault message, you may get "special Programmes not available" Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #281976 Sun Dec 05 2010 8:19am
GIB 984

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi mate, Thanks for the reply and yes, already had that message Rolling Eyes

What I want to know is if its possible for anyone other than LR to do the software update - anyone?

Worst case scenario if I have to have it done by the stealers - how much will that cost? Best Wishes

Gary

Post #281984 Sun Dec 05 2010 11:24am
sweetafton

England 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Software updates are only done by the dealer mate. It all depends how long it will take. I think dealers charge by the half hour. Ask dealer that you use there hourly rate. Good luck. Thumbs Up

Post #281992 Sun Dec 05 2010 12:48pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

replacing the whole thing was all that could cure my lean when parking problem

Post #282037 Sun Dec 05 2010 10:13pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

GIB 984 I don't know how far you are from these guys, but they sorted my suspension faults last winter. New compressor fitted and suspension reset at a fraction of the cost of a main stealer.

http://www.ultimatelandrover.co.uk/prices.htm Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #282121 Mon Dec 06 2010 6:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1