RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > DSC “Dynamic “ setting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

949BFN

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White
DSC “Dynamic “ setting

Has anyone been able to tell any difference in the vehicle’s driving characteristics. I have played around with it but could not spot any difference, apart from locking the gearbox in a particular gear when in CommandShift mode. 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #248694 Sat Jan 09 2010 2:45pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

In normal conditions no,

Basically it will cut power by modifying torque from engine in conditons that are slippery, mud,sand,snow when it senses the vehicle will loose control. In sand mud etc it is best to switch it off when you need to power through

Post #248698 Sat Jan 09 2010 3:00pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Lespes I think 949BFN means the new 6th setting on the TR knob - 2010 TDV8 and S/C get an extra setting supposed to enhance high speed dynamics. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #248700 Sat Jan 09 2010 3:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
949BFN

Indeed. These vehicles have a "Dynamic" setting which the manual explains as follows: "his special program is associated with a driving style rather than a type of terrain. Choose this program for exploiting the vehicle's full on-road potential, providing a more focussed and involved driving experience. When selected, this program optimises the vehicle’s traction, handling and driveability characteristics for maximum feedback and responsiveness."
But as I say, if played with it at different speeds but cannot tell any difference. Not even in throttle response. 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #248702 Sat Jan 09 2010 3:11pm
Bob.

United Kingdom 

Found this:
"Dynamic Program - Alongside a suite of improvements to existing programs, a new Dynamic Program is now available as part of the 10MY Terrain Response menu on Range Rover Sport models equipped with Adaptive Dynamics. This provides an exciting extension to the vehicle’s already enviable breadth of capability by using real-time body, wheel and vehicle data to improve the sense of connection that an enthusiastic driver enjoys with the road.
On both Supercharged and TDV8 vehicles, the Dynamic program increases body control by adjusting the Adaptive Dynamics setting.
On Supercharged vehicles, the sense of driver involvement is enhanced further with adjustments to a range of powertrain and steering tune parameters.
On Supercharged vehicles, once the Dynamic program has been selected, the choice of either ‘Drive’ or ‘Sport’ transmission modes further refines the vehicle’s responses and functionality. When Command gearshift is selected and the Terrain Response is in Dynamic Program, an even more sporty transmission map is delivered e.g. the transmission will not shift up a gear at the rev limit Note that the unique performance characteristics of the TDV8 engine render powertrain-related adjustments unnecessary."

I would read this sales speak as meaning a harder ride, holding on to gears for longer and less power assistance to the steering.

Post #248709 Sat Jan 09 2010 4:05pm
949BFN

Thanks Bob. I had read that description somewhere and checked if I could detect any of the described differences, but apart from the “keeping in gear” part, nothing. After not being able to detect any difference, I tried switching between “normal” and “Dynamic” settings on bad pieces of road, where I thought the ride difference would be most noticable. (At highway speeds as well). No difference. (Also listened if it makes any difference to the suspension’s knocking noises, but could not even detect any difference in that area! Wink ). Maybe I’m not a sophisticated enough driver to detect the differences. Would be nice to hear from other owners if they are able to detect any difference. 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #248713 Sat Jan 09 2010 4:19pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Embarassed

Looked at your spec in avatar section did not see sig details, your just too modern and up to date for me.

Sounds like it makes a big difference though Smile

Post #248728 Sat Jan 09 2010 5:50pm
SingeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

When LR finally got it working - TDV8 was delivered with wrong terrain selection control missing the DR mode - it is has a marked impact on holding gears for longer (less turbo lag) and noticeably stiffens the suspension. You feel the bumps in the road much more but control through the bends is improved to the extent you feel you can carry a bit more speed through the corners.

If your concerned check they installed all the bits - there is an extra pump hidden somewhere under the bonnet for the CVD shocks. They had to check it was there on mine - it was just no power to the system because of the wrong TR switch.

Singe

Post #248921 Sun Jan 10 2010 10:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1