RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > and another question for MY10 owners
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Roland

Switzerland 
and another question for MY10 owners

I don't know if I am wrong but I think I have read somewhere that as from October build date, all cars will show turn-by-turn navigation arrows on the black and white TFT between speedo and revs, and that this info will be in addition to the navigation information displayed on the main TFT on the centre console.

Now, my car does not seem to have this feature Big Cry Big Cry and I wonder what the story is SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #243925 Sat Nov 28 2009 2:15pm
Lookers Park Royal

Roland,

LR have advised the UK network that they are planning to introduce this feature on FFRR (L322) at some point, however they have not discussed RRS or D4.

If I hear any news I'll let you know. As with most things like this there is a 50/50 chance that the car may be able to accept a software update (once/if it's introduced) to include this feature, so fingers crossed!

James Thumbs Up

Post #243932 Sat Nov 28 2009 3:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Roland

Switzerland 

James,

Many thanks for the - as always - professional information Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Let's hope we can get that feature in the RRS and D4 in the not too distant future. SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #243933 Sat Nov 28 2009 3:21pm
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I am a bit annoyed about this. The new Jags have it, it's just a software programme so should be standard. The TFT is in essence a waste in it's current form. Also not pleased that the reverse camera has rigid lines which provide no useful info unless you are reversing dead straight. The Jag XF was launched like this 2 years ago and now has reverse markings linked with steering input. Why not the new 10MY? 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #243947 Sat Nov 28 2009 6:38pm
JonnyDangerous

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Gazzer wrote:
I am a bit annoyed about this. The new Jags have it, it's just a software programme so should be standard. The TFT is in essence a waste in it's current form. Also not pleased that the reverse camera has rigid lines which provide no useful info unless you are reversing dead straight. The Jag XF was launched like this 2 years ago and now has reverse markings linked with steering input. Why not the new 10MY?

My MY10 RRS doesn't have rigid lines. The lines move with the steering wheel.

Post #243949 Sat Nov 28 2009 7:01pm
Lookers Park Royal

Thats what I thought Jonny. I'm not at the dealership at the moment and do not have a RRS on the drive, so hopefully other 2010 owners will confirm? I'm pretty certain the lines move with steering input. Confused

With regard to Jaguars displaying the directions in the TFT..... I'm pretty certain too that it's not available on XF but 'may' be on the new XJ when it is launched.

James Thumbs Up

Post #243954 Sat Nov 28 2009 8:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

I thought I read it somewhere:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic13887-180.html

scooper wrote:
from sept 2009 production has new ip(binnacle) display showing turn by turn navigation commands and MP3 CD track info

Post #243962 Sun Nov 29 2009 7:21am
Roland

Switzerland 

There you are ! I knew I've read it somewhere before I have ordered my car. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

What the Censored is going on here? This is simply unacceptable and I wonder if there's something we can do about this? SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

Post #243964 Sun Nov 29 2009 7:44am
Lookers Park Royal

Where did that info come from as I've not seen anything from LR about Sept production?

Post #243974 Sun Nov 29 2009 1:12pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Roland wrote:
What the Censored is going on here? This is simply unacceptable and I wonder if there's something we can do about this?

Its not like the information came from an official source so I don't see how we can complain. I do agree it is annoying though. I did wonder why it didn't display turn information it seems basic functionality, Mercedes etc have been doing this for years. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #243975 Sun Nov 29 2009 1:30pm
949BFN

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

I downloaded a document some time after the 2010 model was announced and which came from Land Rover. Unfortunately I can’t remember where I got the document, but I also waited a while before ordering because of theses statements and info from this document:

And this image later on in the document:
 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #243977 Sun Nov 29 2009 2:32pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

The electric mirror switch on that picture on the right is very different to mine which is on the door so I'm not sure that is a production MY10. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #243979 Sun Nov 29 2009 5:36pm
949BFN

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Now that is very observant! (But still, that is what they promised. ) 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #243981 Sun Nov 29 2009 5:50pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I think one of the D4 lot said the reversing lines mentioned above only move if you have the surround camera system Confused

Post #243984 Sun Nov 29 2009 6:47pm
JonnyDangerous

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've just taken delivery of my MY10 car. I'm guessing it was pre-Sept build. I REALLY hope this is just a software upgrade that can be made to earlier cars.

Post #243985 Sun Nov 29 2009 7:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>