RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Last night’s Topgear - Visual navigation and audio info
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

949BFN

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White
Last night’s Topgear - Visual navigation and audio info

Anyone else got the impression that Jeremy doesn’t like the BMW X6?
Interestingly enough, he was complaining about the same issue on the X6 as I’ve been going on about with the 2010 RRS, i.e. the absence of visual navigation instructions or audio information when any of the other functions (modes) is used. A system like the one in the RRS should duplicate the navigation instructions and audio information on the instrument panel, so that one can either look their or on the centre display, depending on what “mode” is used. I really hope that this will be implemented on existing vehicles as well.
Still loving the vehicle though. 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #247735 Mon Jan 04 2010 6:22pm
C10CKO

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

I thought it was very funny!

I did like the boot 'drinks cabinet' showed on the program just before Christmas. How much was it? The company who sells them would keep all decanters full for a year. Smile I'd make sure I got my monies worth.

The two directional Nav screen was awesome. MY12 RRSport 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography
Orkney | Everything | Dynamic Pack | Park Heating | Cold Climate Pack | Privacy Glass | Extended Leather | 20inch alloys

Post #247758 Mon Jan 04 2010 9:05pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I did like their comments about the TDv8 FFRR being every car you could ever need rolled into one, they used to reserve that for D3 so what has D4 done to loose the crown?
Only thing I can think of is the TDv6 3.0ltr......................................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #247812 Tue Jan 05 2010 1:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

I know Jeremy is a little biased, ok he is very biased, but it does prove what a hotch-potch and somewhat embarrassment the X6 really is. As with the X5, its just too, well, Milli Vanilli.............it looks good (if you have one eye) but everything else is just awful.............

You have to take your hats off to BMW though, they created a niche market with a niche tag (Sport Activity Vehicle) and they find themselves with what can only be described as a dog. The reality is the sole reason people buy them is sadly the badge which IMO and with my recent experiences with the Ultimate Driving Machine is a stupid choice, there are far better cars out there that command a lower price tag.

As a last observation, I wish they would stop showing the FFRR next to these German abominations, Big Daddy always will and shall be out on its own with no competition. Showing the X5/6 range against this supreme machine is like comparing poo to gold...............the sole reason perhaps why the Germans continue to add power to their line-ups, its their only trump card, the rest of the car is utterly useless. Mr. Green L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #247818 Tue Jan 05 2010 2:12pm
C10CKO

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

My neighbour parked his brand new X6 outside my house last week in the Basingstoke snow, whilst he parked his Merc ML back on his driveway, where its currently awaiting a new buyer.

I think I'd keep the ML over the X6. ..... or sell them both for a FFRR Wink MY12 RRSport 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography
Orkney | Everything | Dynamic Pack | Park Heating | Cold Climate Pack | Privacy Glass | Extended Leather | 20inch alloys

Post #247819 Tue Jan 05 2010 2:17pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Think it was classic when the X6 slid down the hill in park and with the handbrake on!! especially after the FFRR had just cruised up the same hill!! Mate of a mate has had his X6 for 2 months now and is selling it as he hates it!! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #247825 Tue Jan 05 2010 3:21pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

A better car to compare the deficiencies of the X6 against would be the RRS rather than the FFRR, but then TG don't use RRS as a camera car! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #247842 Tue Jan 05 2010 5:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1