RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > BAS Remap - WOW
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Pete, you are great! Bow down Thumbs Up Thanks a lot! I really can't wait for it - hypothetically! Wink Mr. Green RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #233023 Sat Aug 08 2009 8:27pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Laughing Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #233076 Mon Aug 10 2009 8:53am
McBunny

UPS Germany is too slow! Confused 12 hours from Britain to Frankfurt, Germany, three days from Frankfurt to Stuttgart. Rolling Eyes With a little peace of luck it will arrive tomorrow morning. Smile I will let you know. Cool RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #233160 Mon Aug 10 2009 7:41pm
flydive

Switzerland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

It hypothetically took 5 days to Switzerland

Hypothetically worth the wait '08 RRS TDV8
I converted my diesel RRS to run on an environmentally friendly mixture of caribou fat and baby seals oil

Post #233180 Mon Aug 10 2009 9:50pm
McBunny

Well, since CH is not member of the EU that's actually quite fast. If I order something from outside the EU it sometimes takes 40 days until the customs inform me they have something and I shall come to take it! Shocked Rolling Eyes So, five days is okay, I'd say, and I hope it was due to customs and not due to UPS. Wink

If I would hypothetically have ordered it friday I hope it should come today and I hope there would be some neighbour to take it. I'll check during my lunch brake and let you know... Very Happy RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #233222 Tue Aug 11 2009 9:46am
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

I recon it will/should/is be out for delivery by now Razz

Pete 

Post #233242 Tue Aug 11 2009 1:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Davidch

United Kingdom 

Do you do a chip for the 4.2SC? If so what are the stats, and price?

Post #233317 Wed Aug 12 2009 1:17pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I thought the best way to boost an S/C was to fit a bigger pulley, chipping is not as effective. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #233319 Wed Aug 12 2009 1:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RANGE_LOVER

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

saw this on the web:

supercharged version of the engine with a sports high-performance header, sports metal catalytic converters and a sports rear muffler installed and capable of delivering up to 475bhp at 5,740 rpm and the maximum torque of 610 Nm at 3,500 rpm. Shocked

Anything is possible but money is needed. I believe HAMANN offer this tuning.

Or wait for the 2010 model and enjoy 5.0 S/C

Post #233320 Wed Aug 12 2009 1:45pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

The pulley kit's the way forward with the SC, but it's not cheap. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #233337 Wed Aug 12 2009 3:01pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

HI
I have mapped the SC quite a few times but only for friends.

Ive not proven the figures i got from the car on a dyno so at this moment im not in a possision to offer the tuning to the public.

It is on my list of to doos time depending.

Im still working 6 days a week on the TDV6 defender im building so time is a problem at the moment.
I will post as soon as ive been on the dyno with the final figures.

Pete 

Post #233366 Wed Aug 12 2009 9:00pm
McBunny

Pete is the greatest! :-)

It definitely was worth the wait! Thumbs Up Bow down

First of all a little thank you to UPS whom I blamed for being slow but in the end they were very fast: Delivery attempt at 5.30 pm, unfortunately nobody was home, but I could pick it up at 7 pm in their headquarters! Thumbs Up

But now the important things:
The instructions given on Pete's website are very clear and easy to understand, the interface and the concerning software are too, so even I could do it on my own! Thumbs Up Smile
(For everybody as blind as me: the link to the software is in the instructions pdf! Rolling Eyes Laughing )

Pete answered my mail very fast and soon he did send me the tuned file which I installed yesterday morning (that's why I haven't been online yesterday Mr. Green ) and the difference is unbelievable. The first 10km/h from standing are still not as fast as in the TDV8, the engine is just too small for that weight, but from then on up to 190 km/h (I didn't have the chance to test how fast it really can go, I had to little time and there was too much traffic on the Autobahn - I'll tell you this detail next week Cool ) it is unbelievably fast. It feels just like another engine. Cool
If I drive around in town and there is some reason for a quick acceleration, just a little push on the trottle is necessary and the RRS jumps forward as if it would only have half the weight! It's really incredible! Very Happy

I almost don't dare to say but it really feels as fast as a standard TDV8 (in some speed-regions even faster, especially between 20 and 60 km/h; from 120 km/h on the TDV8 feels very slow in my eyes, the remapped TDV6 doesn't) ! Maybe it isn't really as fast but at least it feels like that and this is the important thing to me! Very Happy

And: still no smoke, even at full throttle (maybe thanks to the overpriced Aral Ultimate Diesel which the Lady drinks at the moment)! Mr. Green Cool

I am so happy with this, this is really some incredible peace of work! Pete you are the greatest! Thumbs Up

I've always kept saying, the diesel engines used in the Range Rover Sport are two of the best engines ever built. Even in standard the TDV6 is as fast at the lights as a Q7 which weights 500 kg less and has about 40 bhp more, at the same time the sound of the TDV6 is less "dieselish" and the mpg is (regarding the weight of the car) also better than in most other six cylinder diesel engines, also it doesn't smoke much even without DPF. But with this remap, the engine really becomes so close to perfect! All the good things haven't changed but the power is now so immens, it really is great fun to drive, the car should be delivered like this from LR! Thumbs Up
If it would sound like the TDV8 now, my life would be perfect Very Happy, I really can understand the enthusiasm of the guys with a remapped TDV8, this car must be absolutely astonishing! Thumbs Up

I can't say anything about mpg yet, of course. This week it will be very, very low, I guess, due to the driving style. Twisted Evil Mr. Green So I will start measuring the mpg from next week on and tell you in a few weeks.

So, long story told shortly: Pete you are the best! Thumbs Up
Always friendly (even when I'm mailing late at night, I believe his latest mail was 0.30 am!), incredibly fast, everything just perfect and when it comes to remapping you really do your job great! Thank you is all I can say! Bow down Bow down Bow down

PS: Of course, this was a test done on somebody elses car, I would never remap my engine due to legal and warranty reasons. Cool However if I did I could tell you because I'm sure nobody in my dealership speaks English or does even know something like "the web" with "forums" could exist! Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #233423 Thu Aug 13 2009 9:07am
Jonty

Location: Sat with my head in my hands wondering what the hell I'm doing

United Kingdom 

So, you don't really care for the remap then McBunny Wink Wink Laughing

Good job you haven't been waiting all excited only to be let down.... Mr. Green

Well done Pete, sounds like you have a new fan! Thumbs Up Current: I can't say...Oh the Shame!
Gone: 2003 Audi S4 - 340BHP of Fun Smile
Gone: 2005 RRS SE, Silver, Chrome Mirrors, Tinted with a stupid spare wheel!
Gone: Audi A4 2.5 TDi Quattro 180bhp
Gone: BMW 535i
Gone: 1985 Audi Quattro Sad Sad
Gone: Subaru Imprezza Turbo (rubbish)

Post #233439 Thu Aug 13 2009 12:44pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Alasdair Darling will be happy....................... at least the UK will have exported something this month so the balance of payments will look better as a result of Mcbunny's purchase! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #233446 Thu Aug 13 2009 3:39pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

When Pete turns up at the Twisted Performance/LRM Shoot-Out under RAC timekeepers we'll all know how good his tunes are won't we? Wink

Post #233481 Fri Aug 14 2009 12:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>