RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > BAS Remap - WOW
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345

bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

If id have had the invite to go and if i had the TDV6 Defender finished id give it a go for a laugh even with the symex tyres and winches lol ,
i dont think it would keep up with your 4.2SC Defender tho Crying or Very sad the old oil burner just aint up to a fight with a crisply running V8 especialy with a blower on the top.

Pete 

Post #233483 Fri Aug 14 2009 12:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Cornelius Vermuyden wrote:
When Pete turns up at the Twisted Performance/LRM Shoot-Out under RAC timekeepers we'll all know how good his tunes are won't we? Wink

Pete, I really would not rise to the bait as anyone that knows you or indeed has one of your re-maps knows you are not into road racing etc.

Your re-maps are designed to increase the driving pleasure with more useable power and tourque with very much an eye on engine longevity.

Other tuners do offer more BHP/tourque but alot of the driving pleasure is removed as they are trying to squeeze every last ounce out of the engine ultimately resulting in engine problems down the line.

Its not all about huge BHP figs as we all should know but some just dont agree Yawn

Some of this was documented at the Eastnor show when a customers car with a basic tune out performed one of the tuners cars (can't say who's but it has a 5 in the name) on the drag strip. Dan from P&P was driving both and they were both RRS TDV8's but the tuners car had been tunes to the hilt. Indeed the tuner asked Dan to go several times trying to beat the customers car without success.

Having said all of that, lets see what happens when we get the Defender TDV6 and TDV8 on the road Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #233502 Fri Aug 14 2009 10:08am
flydive

Switzerland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Today I took my TDV8 for the first year service. Hypothetically removed the BAS mapping . Part of the service was an upgrade of the ECU. Got back the car, hypothetically tried to reload the map but would not take it. Called Pete, in less than 1 hour car was up and running with new hypothetical map.

As always, great service, hypothetically Wink

P.S. of course this happened to a friend of mine, just relating the story. Wink '08 RRS TDV8
I converted my diesel RRS to run on an environmentally friendly mixture of caribou fat and baby seals oil

Post #236246 Thu Sep 10 2009 5:34pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

For the people who have called me for the BAS interface and i was out of stock.

They are now back in stock for the short term, if you are waiting to order please do so while i have them.
Once they ae gone i wont be getting any more untill the week after the 18th October because i will be away till then on my yearly jollys.

Pete 

Post #238112 Fri Sep 25 2009 8:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
diamond

Greece 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Alaska White

After a lot of discussion with myself I ended up with a BAS Remap kit.

The kit was delivered rapidly from UK to Germany in 3 days and today I got the tuned file.
So far everything went ok (like updating the BIOS in your PC).

More details for the performance later today when I'll be back from work driving on the Autobahn for at least 60km. 2009 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 SE, Alaska White, Almond leather, tinted windows, active rear diff, tow pack, HiICE, full spare: gone and already missed

2004 Fiat Panda 1.2 Climbing 4x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg4DdXAp7Y

Post #239323 Wed Oct 07 2009 2:37pm
diamond

Greece 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Alaska White

First impression from the remap.

You feel the difference, especially around 2000 rpm. The car feels strong even if you continue to push the throttle at high speed up to top speed.

I need though, more time with it to really understand the benefits and the advantages of the remap.

Next week I 'm going down to Bavaria, so I'll do a lot of kms to check the remap.

So far I'm happy both from Pete and his professionalism and from the product itself. 2009 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 SE, Alaska White, Almond leather, tinted windows, active rear diff, tow pack, HiICE, full spare: gone and already missed

2004 Fiat Panda 1.2 Climbing 4x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg4DdXAp7Y

Post #239360 Wed Oct 07 2009 8:40pm
Alive Tuning

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Japseroony wrote:
Some of this was documented at the Eastnor show when a customers car with a basic tune out performed one of the tuners cars (can't say who's but it has a 5 in the name) on the drag strip. Dan from P&P was driving both and they were both RRS TDV8's but the tuners car had been tunes to the hilt. Indeed the tuner asked Dan to go several times trying to beat the customers car without success.

Sorry I picked up on this a bit late, but I feel I must clarify what actually happened from the above passage.

Both cars had the same map on, which I had made and flashed to both cars prior to the drag racing at Manby (Not Eastnor!). Video link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKb_nUYctTc

I was manning my stand, so Chris took my car (Black one), and Harry took his (Red one). My car had two runs, where as Harry's had several runs. Harry's was just quicker than mine, but I suppose that highlights the fact that every car responds differently to tuning.

Regards,

Gary. Feel the difference... Feel Alive!

Member of the "Causeway Grey MY14 RRS SDV6 HSE Dynamic" Owners Club.

Like Alive on Facebook...

[b]In house MAHA LPS3000 4 wheel drive Rolling Road.

Post #243328 Sat Nov 21 2009 11:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345