Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > "uneven" suspension indicator
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Killerbob

Switzerland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
"uneven" suspension indicator

All,

Bear with me; I've only had my RRS for a few months, and only just broke 7'000km.

A while ago I had a suspension issue on the rear right tire - the air suspension didn't work correctly, and the up/down functionality was toast. The stealers fixed it, saying they replaced the sensor, and I haven't seen the issue since.

However I have noticed that in the 4x4 info screen, the red bars often are not aligned. I lower to access mode, and then raise to standard, and the red bars are not at the same height, even though I am parked on a level surface. I can't say I notice the RRS is not level, just that the bars on the screen are not, and only by perhaps the height of one of the bars.

Is this normal, or do I need to take it back?

KB RRS TDV8, black with ivory.

Post #229663 Sat Jul 04 2009 11:28pm
Leo

Kenya 

If you're sure the ground was perfectly level, get them to check the calibration of the sensors at your next sevice. Even different tyre pressures can cause this, but it's nothing to worry about as long as the car works fine.

Post #229690 Sun Jul 05 2009 1:46pm
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Suspension Height Level Sensor

Sad to say my D3 has had 5 new sensors and the RRS has had 2 new sensors (all within the last 9 months). Sad

I am now a grand master at diagnosing these (and waiting by the roadside for a new one to be fitted which takes about a 20 minutes a corner).

They cost about £15 each and the last lot fitted to the D3 were said to be a new generation of device (told to me by the nice man that jacked my D3 up at home). Would you believe the biggest failure is water ingress into the cable aperture (so not quite sutable for hanging on the end of a big fat trailing arm then in all the water and sh*t) Shocked

Each sensor has a 0 to 5 volt output signal where 2.5 volts equals normal running height.

Sounds like you have one out of spec (tolerance) and they are notoriously hard to re-calibrate (me thinks as every time they have tried they have scrapped it).

So in my experience they normally get binned and a new one fitted.

5 different part numbers cover all 8 corners of the two models (4 corners D3 and 4 corners RRS). Some corners are common to both models. I have it wriiten down somewhere what-is-what Question

Had so many fail (and then had to wait 24 hours for a new one) that I now own a full set of all 5 numbers. How sad is that. Looking forward to carrying a spare Dynamic Response Kit any day now for the RRS Laughing

I am sure someone technically knows better than me, hey ho!! Sheep Smoke me a kipper: I'll be back for breakfast.

RRS HSE TDV6 gone after 15 months since new - will not be missed I'm afraid - bit of a gremlin in there somewhere - too many issues. Replaced with FFRR Vogue TDV8 - very nice - not as sporty (of course) but absolute luxury.

Post #229964 Tue Jul 07 2009 7:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1