RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > smoke from preheater infornt of battery.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

RonnieG

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Got here in one piece. the RR is still smoking badly it seems once it is warm is when its at its worst so have booked it into the dealer on Thursday morning for a check up

Post #193504 Tue Oct 28 2008 9:00pm
RonnieG

Right I have had the software upgreade and thats fine, but now as Friday was the first day I had off I notice that there is a big pool od diesel where it has been running out of the pipe coupled to the fact that my milage has gone down by nearly 8mpg.. You can see where it is coming out of the pipe and has spattered right up the underside of the RR... any ideas?! please dont tell me this is normal because if it is gawd help us!!

Post #194298 Sun Nov 02 2008 11:01pm
simonsi

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

RonnieG wrote:
Right I have had the software upgreade and thats fine, but now as Friday was the first day I had off I notice that there is a big pool od diesel where it has been running out of the pipe coupled to the fact that my milage has gone down by nearly 8mpg.. You can see where it is coming out of the pipe and has spattered right up the underside of the RR... any ideas?! please dont tell me this is normal because if it is gawd help us!!

The fuel pump for these heaters has two speeds, Start and Run, sounds like yours is running too long at start rate or not ever dropping to the run rate, hence lots of smoke from the unburnt diesel and/or diesel running from the exhaust.... back to the dealer! Cheers

Simon

2007 2.7HSE 20" Wheels
2005 TDV6 D3 S Auto - Zambezi Silver - JE Tune - RRS 19" - Sidesteps - Roof Rails
Body Side Strips - Xenons - Bright Pack - Cold Pack - Premium Stereo
Alpine Roof - Towpack - Alpine Touchscreen Satnav - Veba Rear DVD changer
Alpine Roof Monitor - Webasto FBH Timer - Brembo Frt & S/C Rr Brakes

Post #194732 Tue Nov 04 2008 5:30pm
RonnieG

Thanks Simon

I was there all afternoon and they think thats what it was they did some jiggery pokery with the software and checked the unit over so we just have to wait for another cold spell to see if it worked.

Thanks for the help
Ronnie

Post #194772 Tue Nov 04 2008 9:55pm
glenn

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi just to say that I have just had the same problem as your rrs, The clouds of smoke from the front of the car on passenger side with a stronge smell of diesel. only had it two weeks now .so looks like it have to go back for a check over. Range Rover Sport HSE,Java Black,Allround Tint's, Black and silver badges,Black and silver wheel centers,Up graded leather,Brembo brakes,white side repeater lenses,led number plate bulbs,led side lights bulbs,led reverse lights bulbs, led interior bulbs,Front and Rear mud flaps. Looking for private number plate. black and silver front grill and side vents and replaced the boot strip with black one

Post #197925 Sat Nov 29 2008 4:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Did you both get this one sorted out?

We have a FFRR owner on our site who has a similar smoking issue! I have pointed him in your direction for info. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #198295 Wed Dec 03 2008 1:04pm
glenn

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Spoke to lancasters at reading about it and they said it was normal for this time of year . To do with the cold weather , let's hope he's telling the truth Shocked Shocked Range Rover Sport HSE,Java Black,Allround Tint's, Black and silver badges,Black and silver wheel centers,Up graded leather,Brembo brakes,white side repeater lenses,led number plate bulbs,led side lights bulbs,led reverse lights bulbs, led interior bulbs,Front and Rear mud flaps. Looking for private number plate. black and silver front grill and side vents and replaced the boot strip with black one

Post #198345 Wed Dec 03 2008 10:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RonnieG

Yea after about 2 weeks or so once it had cleared its self of old diesel and soot, mine is now running clear and on smells whatsoever. I did get the timimg reset as the motor was not changing over from start to run spped and also the software to block off the vents when it first starts so alls good now! thanks for the help.

Post #198527 Fri Dec 05 2008 2:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12