Home > Maintenance & Modifications > How to repair damaged front bumper
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

MDP

United Kingdom 

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

My New Car

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Tim I sypathise with you. Last week I caught my offside rear bumper/lower valance edge on the corner of my office building in the car park Banging Head I had a scuff like yours Embarassed I couldn't live with it... so... I had it fixed on Tuesday at the cost of £120 Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #145302 Wed Nov 14 2007 11:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Because Stornoway looks like shiny primer my isn't too noticeable so I'm leaving it for the time being. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #145313 Thu Nov 15 2007 10:08am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dukemasterpro

Australia 
Scratched bumper

Hi guys,

First post and it has to be a about a scratched front bumper on a car with less than 1200km's! Ouch.

From digging up this post, it looks like Tim in Scotland's only as I have Zermatt Silver you can see a "black" mark where the paint used to be, not nice. ( The mark is just to the left of the passenger side bumper where it creases above the fog lamp ).

I was wondering what type of repair will fix this? it's not major enough for the insurance co. but is a bit unsightly!

Would love to hear some success stories of paint scratched bumpers restored to full glory.

For the record I parked too close to a black lamp post, did not hear any front PDC go off and when the car settled on its suspension against the hand brake there was a bit of a creaking noise and the wife said the bumper looked to be wrapped around the post with the fog lamp housing bulging slightly.

Post #150605 Sun Jan 06 2008 11:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12