Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New Car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

umbertob wrote:
That's you get for using Priceline.com!

Not always so Umberto, my employer will send me 3/4 round the world if they get a discounted flight on that route rather than pay a higher fare on a direct route..................... recently I flew Glasgow/Amsterdam/Sandfjord (Olso's other airport) when I could have flown direct, purely because they can get 75% discounted fares if a single leg of a trip is on KLM. So instead of my trip taking about 2.5 hours I spent 9 hours travelling, 5 of them sat in airport lounges.
What they don't realise of course is that I then have to travel the day before and after the meeting so have to have an extra 2 days leave as well, but that comes off a different budget so the travel agent doesn't care how long it the trip takes so long as it is cheap. Of course then I have to have hotels and meals and pay extra for airport parking! Do I care................. not a jot - every day out of the UK on ship's business for me is one more day to count towards getting my income tax back at the end of the year, so long as I'm not on a holiday!

Last year I flew from Balboa(Panama Canal) to home on Delta (YUKKKKKK) and KLM for $31.00 via Atlanta, JFK, Amsterdam and Glasgow - it took me 2 days but no hotels as the JFK/AMS sector was overnight! The full fare direct on BA was something like $2800. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #109067 Wed May 16 2007 9:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
canaryman

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Cairns Blue

Roland wrote:
Canaryman, if you really mean it seriously with that question, then better go and get you an A5 or some other Coupe..... Evil or Very Mad

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but I am very tired and jet-lagged. I am writing this at JFK waiting for the plane to leave for Europe, after having already done Billings to Denver to Cincinnati to JFK.

Roland, if you thought my comments were serious, you need more help than I can give, sorry Shocked

Post #109093 Wed May 16 2007 11:44am
MDP

United Kingdom 
Re: New Car

canaryman wrote:
Ok, today I have seen a load of the new Audi A5 quattro diesel coupes out. I am tempted but my wife is unimpressed (due to no place for the dog). !!

I am tempted too..... but fortunately for me , my wife likes them as well Thumbs Up As for our labrador dog = tough ! 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #109099 Wed May 16 2007 12:29pm
Roland

Switzerland 

umbertob wrote:
Roland wrote:
I am writing this at JFK waiting for the plane to leave for Europe, after having already done Billings to Denver to Cincinnati to JFK.

That's what you get for using Priceline.com!

Expedia.com it was. Embarassed Maybe should drive a cheaper car and have more money left for using direct flights.

BTW my rental car in Montana was a Nissan XTerra with ATRs and I was surprised how comfortable it was to drive: seats, engine, tyre noise ,etc, no complaints really..... SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #109105 Wed May 16 2007 1:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12