RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New Car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

canaryman

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Cairns Blue
New Car

Ok, today I have seen a load of the new Audi A5 quattro diesel coupes out. I am tempted but my wife is unimpressed (due to no place for the dog). I think I should buy one BUT the drivers of the said vehicles (all in convoy on a test (including stunning blonde that my wife thought looked "tarty" Shocked were paying a lot of attention to our RRS.)
Now, should I ignore my wife comments and buy one (preferably with the cheap, tarty, skanky looking blonde or just continue with my car and gloat at the admiring looks??) (I was very handsome many years ago but age has taken its toll so I suspect (with a heavy heart) that the admiring looks are for my car or my wife rather than me!!

Post #108658 Mon May 14 2007 7:59pm
canaryman

I feel the need to add that the blonde in the A5 smiled at me and looked "friendly". My wife interpreted this look of friendship as cheap and tarty Laughing

Post #108659 Mon May 14 2007 8:04pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing Laughing it is a clever advertising ploy by Audi, get a load of blondes to drive around and smile at middle aged men who judging by their existing cars could afford a new Audi Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #108661 Mon May 14 2007 8:12pm
canaryman

Cliff, that has depressed me. I had fooled myself into thinking that my extensive bier-gut, fat backside and Winston Churchill-like-jawols would have women like that A5 driver at least in the first stages of moistness!! Big Cry Oh well, I will just have to press on with the wife (she reads this board occasionally but I will have to deny all knowledge!!) Whistle

Post #108663 Mon May 14 2007 8:16pm
aljo

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

canaryman wrote:
Cliff, that has depressed me. I had fooled myself into thinking that my extensive bier-gut, fat backside and Winston Churchill-like-jawols would have women like that A5 driver at least in the first stages of moistness!! Big Cry Oh well, I will just have to press on with the wife (she reads this board occasionally but I will have to deny all knowledge!!) Whistle

Rolling with laughter if your good lady does read this i think the only moistness your going to get for a while

is a cuppa down your shorts Shocked 

Post #108664 Mon May 14 2007 8:19pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

canaryman wrote:

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #108671 Mon May 14 2007 8:42pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I too like the A5 Coupe (with or without the tarty blonde) but the side view doesn't look right with the solid B pillar, it needs frameless sideglasses that can both be dropped to make the car look semi-open. I would stick with the RRS for the time being Canaryman, once A5 goes on sale there will be far more of them on the raods than there are RRS's - I suspect that all the car fashionistas who drive TT's will be changing up to the A5's 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #108675 Mon May 14 2007 8:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The doc

United Kingdom 

Girls love Range Rovers Thumbs Up

Post #108677 Mon May 14 2007 8:48pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

canaryman you traitor ! Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #108780 Tue May 15 2007 7:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I too like the A5 Coupe (with or without the tarty blonde) but the side view doesn't look right with the solid B pillar, it needs frameless sideglasses that can both be dropped to make the car look semi-open.

Having had a Merc CLK with no B pillar I wouldn't touch another one with yours Exclamation

It lets in far too much cold air and moisture when parked up. My colleagues used to drive home leaving me sat in the car park whilst I waited anything up to 40 mins for the layer of moisture to clear from the inside of the screen so that I could see where I was going........CRAP. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #108786 Tue May 15 2007 8:59am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

What A Merc that has less than perfect design........................... I'm amazed that using the aircon didn't demist the car Josh. I had not appreciated that the very thin seal between the windows was that inefficient. TBH I wouldn't generally consider buying a coupe - too many compromises in the cause of having a good looking car 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #108789 Tue May 15 2007 9:07am
MDP

United Kingdom 

canaryman ......... you made me laugh ! Laughing 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #108800 Tue May 15 2007 12:02pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Friend of mine has a CLK Cab and the pillarless window is a pain on his. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #109041 Tue May 15 2007 11:42pm
Roland

Switzerland 

Canaryman, if you really mean it seriously with that question, then better go and get you an A5 or some other Coupe..... Evil or Very Mad

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but I am very tired and jet-lagged. I am writing this at JFK waiting for the plane to leave for Europe, after having already done Billings to Denver to Cincinnati to JFK. SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #109047 Wed May 16 2007 12:42am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Roland wrote:
I am writing this at JFK waiting for the plane to leave for Europe, after having already done Billings to Denver to Cincinnati to JFK.

That's what you get for using Priceline.com! 

Post #109054 Wed May 16 2007 1:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>