RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Rear Seat Belt Clip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Okay, how do you insert an image into your post?

Anyway, the picture is at http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-955 Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #6230 Mon Nov 28 2005 10:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

Sorry for this, but there is no other to test integrating a picture.

This is how I used the seatbelt clip. Is this wrong?

Matt
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #6231 Mon Nov 28 2005 10:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Hi Matt

This is how I use mine - since doing so I no longer get any rattles. With the seat belt in position over the top edge of rear seat , place the clip over the top of the belt ( gap side - facing downwards )

Sorry about poor photo but took it with my mobile outside/office in the snow

Try it out and see if works for you? 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #6242 Tue Nov 29 2005 1:56am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Light hearted seat belt clips post

Good god MDP, your not making unnecessary journeys out to the office in the snow are you? Tut Tut how inconsiderate of you when all the roads south of Manchester seem to be blocked by the 3 flakes of snow that have fallen and abandoned cars are all over the place. Laughing

BTW before I found the clips last night I was just pulling the 2 side belts out and buckling them up as it somebody were using them - worked well.

Secret internal LR product developement note: In all future RR Sports remove seatbelt holding clips and save 10p on each car and make folks buckle up in the back to stop the tapping.

Secret note to Dealers - New option - Rear Seat belt retaining clips - these are now a factory fit optional extra at £100 each for those who also opt for the specially specially adapted rear seats that are required with this extra at £750 now that existing owners have found out about them and expect them on their cars! Under no circumstances are these to be retro fitted to existing cars - you must claim that this is the first time you have heard of this to any customer claiming their car didn't have them on it when it left the factory, they must have cut them off due to the rattling they cause. Sevice note xx333xxyyasa on the GTR website (that you of course don't know about!)refers
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Nov 29 2005 11:19am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #6277 Tue Nov 29 2005 10:50am
d3matt

So what are these clips for? The seatbelts work perfectly well without using them (and leaving them tucked away in their pockets). I assumed they must be for lowering the seatbelt when a child is sitting in the rear. This is why I used mine to hold the seatbelt on the side of the seat, as this does lower the belt and stop it going across a child's neck. Matt

Post #6279 Tue Nov 29 2005 11:16am
Tim in Scotland

MP, I don't know and I haven't bothered digging them out to use them as I haven't heard the belts rattling to the extent that it is a problem........... I am going to read the manual and see what it says!!! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #6280 Tue Nov 29 2005 11:20am
d3matt

It's the clips that rattle if they are not attached to the seatbelt or not pushed home in their little pockets. They rattle on the window trim. Matt

Post #6284 Tue Nov 29 2005 11:40am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

OK, so I too have now found my beltclips hidden away in their little suede pocket on the side of the seat. Didn't realise they came out. Like mpwox11 though, I can't really see the point of them... my rear belts don't make any noise although one rear belt is permanently in use with a child seat. If nothing else, these cars are full of wonder & joy Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #6288 Tue Nov 29 2005 1:19pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
If nothing else, these cars are full of wonder & joy

I'm hopeing to find some more surprises if I every bother to look under the bonnet! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #6289 Tue Nov 29 2005 1:22pm
d3matt

I've just been through the user manual and these seat belt clips are not referred too. Matt

Post #6292 Tue Nov 29 2005 1:24pm
Tim in Scotland

Maybe they are really up-market curry hooks or carrier bag hooks for the boot! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Nov 29 2005 4:33pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #6300 Tue Nov 29 2005 2:19pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Is it to aid movement/travel of the seat belt when folding down the rear seats? 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #6310 Tue Nov 29 2005 3:59pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Perhaps it for use of RRS owners who are into SM! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #6311 Tue Nov 29 2005 4:20pm
Tim in Scotland

Oh yes nothing like a bit of SM....................... a Citroen SM that is, wonderful cars and I would love to own one. Built by Maseratti and Matra for Citroen.

http://www.semantics.uk.com/home.htm

Adaptive Headlights, no springs in the suspension........... fancy and unreliable electro-mechanical gizmos and all on a car built in the 1970's and we think Land Rover is being so 21st Centuary.! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #6312 Tue Nov 29 2005 4:31pm
d3matt

MDP wrote:
Is it to aid movement/travel of the seat belt when folding down the rear seats?

That does make some sence, but why have the clip tucked away in a pocket. By the time you've put the seatbelt in the clip (not easy), you would of dropped the seats and sorted out the seatbelt anyway. Matt

Post #6313 Tue Nov 29 2005 4:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>