RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 6 Pot Brembo v 6 Pot Land Rover Callipers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345

Salisburylander

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

I just don’t know what to suggest; although the only thing I can think of is to change one item at a time. Unfortunately, this will be expensive.

Start with another type of pads, not Yellow Stuff. Change the mounting pins etc. whilst you do this. Check the caliper pistons whilst you are changing the pads. Care needed that you don’t push the pistons clear of the caliper body.

If no luck and they are still squealing then renew the disks. Go OEM, Brembo or even “the mystery blue box company”, so new pads and new disks.

If it’s still bad, then get the calipers checked with another company. Not the one who refurbished them originally.

Hope this helps.

Post #633792 Sat Jun 17 2023 5:58pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

I've Yellowstuff pads in my D3, and they are silent Thumbs Up

There is a lot of weight to slow down, so front brakes will get very hot in a short space of time

Pads out, and check the pistons one by one, they should have an initial resistance, but once moving, should push back with finger pressure

Be aware though, that facelift RRS1 had issues with the brake pedal switch applying the brakes by itself, if not adjusted correctly, and worth checking/replacing

Post #633794 Sat Jun 17 2023 6:45pm
jases4x4

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black

I wish i had not changed all at once but i upgraded from trw to 6 pots so had to get all new. With them all been brand new and refurbished you wouldnt think to have issues, With the calipers Mikey, When i did change the pads again i pushed the pistons but they didnt budge, they were perturbing about 5mm from memory but im not qualified to know the pistons been stiff is an issue? If they should move when i push them back in then i am confident it is the Pistons, I noticed the calipers were different when i got home one is off an svr and the other was standard like the 2 i exchanged.

I have messaged the company on messenger, No ones answering the phone and reviews are not good on facebook but if others have these pads and discs then im sure its the calipers. Thanks for everyones advice i will ring them again monday, Looks like i will have to remove them and take them back which is annoying as i dont have a second set, even the trw could have gone back on, I might ask them to remove and refit if it proves to be their calipers. Cheers

Post #633795 Sat Jun 17 2023 7:15pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Pistons should move back to flush with the body of the caliper (lower than the height of the seals) with little effort

If they are stiff, or do not return fully, it looks like a faulty caliper

While you've already paid for a recon of your existing calipers, the aftermarket ones are much, much cheaper than genuine, and seem OK Thumbs Up

Post #633796 Sat Jun 17 2023 8:43pm
jases4x4

Thing is they were not recon of my calipers i wish i had done that and waited for them, These were exchanged and thats when i noticed one was svr afterwards, Im sure they should refurb these for free or have some more to exchange with these, Lets see how they respond Monday.

Post #633799 Sat Jun 17 2023 9:25pm
jases4x4

Update on the ongoing noise.

I have contacted the technician at the garage who supplied the Recon calipers, He was adamant the squealing is due to the fact im using yellowstuff pads which are for track use and when they heat up they expand causing the noise which is no good for normal driving, So he recommended Brembo pads, I said ok i will pay for them if you fit them and the noise goes away im happy but if not i want a refund for them pads and yellowstuff going back on and then the calipers fixing. So im booked in 2 weeks for new pads, Then he said it could be Calipers, I just know when he sees the Terrafirma drilled and grooved discs he might start blaming them next, Either way i think i need to get them to swap pads as they recommend and then maybe discs if they then blame discs and eventually they might then replace the Calipers. I said i do hope they’re right and maybe the town driving i do is no good for Yellowstuff but as some of you have said you have had no issues with yours.

Post #633826 Mon Jun 19 2023 3:25pm
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

My 6-pot upgrade with Brembo pads on Brembo discs squeaks only in reverse Rolling with laughter Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #633831 Mon Jun 19 2023 6:34pm
jases4x4

Haha i would take a reversing squeak at the minute 😂

Post #633832 Mon Jun 19 2023 7:25pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I binned a set genuine Brembo pads on my S/C 6 pots because the wouldn't stop squealing either.

Cheers
Col

Post #633833 Mon Jun 19 2023 7:36pm
jases4x4

I can believe it Col, Im just going to do what he says and in the end we should end up with a quiet Braking RRS, So many have different views on which pads and discs i do wonder if it depends what sort of driving you do mostly, If you jump on dual carriage ways and motorways alot they might wear in alot quicker but He tried saying they will squeak and its normal, I know when im the only one sounding that loud its not normal.

Post #633834 Mon Jun 19 2023 7:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345