Page 32 of 41 <123 ... 313233 ... 394041>

RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

#at

Post #530261 Thu Jul 13 2017 4:39pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

RRS Newbie wrote:
Good to hear RRSman. Look forward to seeing your photos when you can. I bet you will be over tmat the dealership at the crack of dawn once you know it's onsite and have a sneaky view. I bet you can't wait till 1st of Sept to drive it off the forecourt. Thumbs Up

Thanks - I won't wait until 1st Sept and will prob pick before the end of July!

Post #530270 Thu Jul 13 2017 8:00pm
RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

Great, look forward to seeing some images soon.

Post #530272 Thu Jul 13 2017 8:37pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
My Velar is built! Needs to go through QC and then on to the dealer Mr. Green Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Looking forward to your thoughts & photos! Thumbs Up Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #530510 Sun Jul 16 2017 9:46pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
I'll have one for a day sometime next week and will do a mini review Cool

Where's the review? I *may* test drive one tomorrow unless tight schedule forces me to cancel. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #530845 Fri Jul 21 2017 1:08pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Visited the dealer today to book the wife's Evoque in (it thinks it needs a service about 12k miles and 15 months earlier than scheduled). I was looking forward to having another peek at the Sport, which I fancy myself after being given one for a few days last time her car had to visit, although I did think I ought to compare it with a full fat before ordering one. I was going to book in for a test drive of both when I noticed the Velar in the showroom as well - apparently it arrived a couple of days ago.

I think I still prefer the Sport I'm afraid - the Velar looks more like an estate car in stature than the traditional Range Rover, but I am booked in for a back to back test drive of all three when I take the Evoque in early next month for the work to be done.

Post #530891 Fri Jul 21 2017 10:51pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I'm picking mine up Tuesday Very Happy

I did however spend a day with a 3.0d Dynamic R and what I am about to say will indeed ruffle feathers on here being a RRS forum. The Velar is what the RRS should have been! It's bloody rapid, feels solid, sticks to the road like glue and especially through bends. The car has plenty of settings to get a personalised set up including Dynamic or comfort settings for the suspension, steering, throttle response and Gearbox. If you want a dynamic ride but softer steering you can and vice versa.

The new infotainment is fabulous and extremely slick and fast. The ride feels like it's a smaller more agile version of the RRS! The steering wheel controls are great and when connected to a phone you have a green and red illumination too with graphics on the steering wheel itsef! Volume control can be controlled with a swipe or button press.

Tue car now has a G-meter (torque ball) and stop clock too - very Porsche!

The car has animated indicators like the new Audi's but this can be turned on or off from the settings. The new dashboard and dual view are brilliant as is the new lazer head up display which now looks like an HD image rather than something like a ZX spectrum or Amstrad PC Laughing

IMHO it's a magnificent car and the RRS seems very dated in comparison. The new RRS has a lot to live up to now!

Ready to get flamed but these are my opinions but I'm sure this Monday when the press embargo lifts you will be reading some bloody glowing press reviews of this car!

Post #530894 Sat Jul 22 2017 2:11am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Glad you like it and it didn't disappoint you Thumbs Up

Hopefully if I can make it, I will get to try it out today myself. Will only be a short drive for me so my focus will just be drive and ride rather than the tech. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #530898 Sat Jul 22 2017 7:39am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

RRSman - it sounds like it is going to be a great car. I know I have done it down but hope you have many happy miles with it. I said I would never buy an Evoque and then became an owner twice over............. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat Jul 22 2017 9:32am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #530901 Sat Jul 22 2017 8:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
syl

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
The ride feels like it's a smaller more agile version of the RRS!

I'll see when I drive them all back to back, but this is the biggest downside for me. The thing I really liked about the RRS when I had a loaner for a few days was the size and stability of it.

Post #530904 Sat Jul 22 2017 9:06am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

RRSman wrote:
The Velar is what the RRS should have been! It's bloody rapid, feels solid, sticks to the road like glue and especially through bends. The car has plenty of settings to get a personalised set up including Dynamic or comfort settings for the suspension, steering, throttle response and Gearbox.

The Velar is a pure road LR. Sure it's got LR DNA but it's not really intended to be going anywhere remotely dirty. The RRS is intended to be a sporty version of the FFRR and so has all of the ability away from tarmac. That brings compromises on road. I don't doubt that the RRS's interior will look and feel old after the Velar's modern systems. Presumably these will be cascaded through the range in one form or other over the next few years.

It sounds like the Velar is what the Evoque should have been from the start, to be honest - a stylish, fast, road-LR. Whistle

From your brief summary, it sounds like the Velar will sell like hot cakes. It does sound like an exciting addition to the LR range. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #530909 Sat Jul 22 2017 9:36am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Great reveiw RRSman. Bet you can't wait until Tuesday!
Any way good luck and get plenty of pictures up for us all.

Bow down Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #530916 Sat Jul 22 2017 11:19am
Damon White

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
Number Plate

Hi RRSman,

Just noticed the plate. Is that your private plate?

The car looks fantastic. Really looking forward to hearing your first impressions and some nice photos.

Damon

Post #530917 Sat Jul 22 2017 11:19am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

fkarim wrote:
Glad you like it and it didn't disappoint you Thumbs Up

Hopefully if I can make it, I will get to try it out today myself. Will only be a short drive for me so my focus will just be drive and ride rather than the tech.

I am sure you will enjoy the car - make sure it's the 3.0d Dynamic you try out - the one in Park Royal is Firenze Red Thumbs Up

Post #530919 Sat Jul 22 2017 11:31am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
RRSman - it sounds like it is going to be a great car. I know I have done it down but hope you have many happy miles with it. I said I would never buy an Evoque and then became an owner twice over.............

Thanks Tim, never say never Smile

Post #530920 Sat Jul 22 2017 11:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 32 of 41 <123 ... 313233 ... 394041>