RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Would you accept this?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Where is the evidence that it has been thrashed?

Just a couple of numbers are meaningless unless they can be be interrogated to get some detailed info?

Calm down and move on. Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #462930 Tue May 26 2015 2:21pm
JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I assume you use the Eco Data side of your L494? If so then you will be aware that there is very little interrogation required, it indicates how hard the throttle is being pushed, how hard the brakes are being used and the top speed.

This is over the full extent of the journey, therefore it logically was being driven unneccesarily hard and must have looked like a bloody Kangeroo.

I tried to get figures similar to those at lunchtime, I struggled and my workplace is on a quiet B road!

Agreed on them being lucky to get to 30mph - that makes the acceleration and decceleration numbers even more astonishing. Racing between traffic lights springs to mind, there are quite a few close to the dealers...

Or did someone use it for a lunchtime spin? 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #462937 Tue May 26 2015 5:01pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I do not have RRS2 (yet ) and find it hard to believe that you can tell so much from a crude scale of 1 to 5?

You say it shows the top speed, so what was that? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #462938 Tue May 26 2015 5:16pm
JSR2014

No, sorry maybe I wasn't clear Smile

The system basically scores the driving of the journey from 1-5.

I agree, if one has not used this system or even been interested in it then it'd be v.hard to tell how the car was driven, I've actually found it rather fascinating recently - I mean I thought it was pointless when I first got the car but now its schooling me (almost) into becoming a more economical driver when in traffic etc.

I keep a pretty close eye on it and "normal driving" you'd expect it to vary from 3.5 to 4.7.

Thats with junctions, an occasional overtake etc etc, one gets used to seeing these sorts of figures, so, when they are so out of the norm it becomes a red flag Smile 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #462939 Tue May 26 2015 5:30pm
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

Is it at all possible that his is caused by a software update? I've had some very odd readings on my "distance to empty" figures after software updates during services on my evoque. Like when i went in showing 220 miles remaining and came back out with >500. Could be that some update was applied to the eco software during the service that has skewed the readings hence why you cannot get near them in testing?

just a thought.....

Post #462942 Tue May 26 2015 6:09pm
Humbug

United Kingdom 

I could only get near 2.5 on the brakes with repeated emergency stops (off road as the hardest I was prepared to go on road didn't get close). There's no way you could get anywhere near these figures driving in a 30mph limit without caning it.

Did you speak to them? Any reaction?

Post #462946 Tue May 26 2015 7:13pm
Fletcher

England 

Have you got the app thing that you can see the route they took , speed and time to back up your point . Either way for your own peice of mind you need to talk to the dealership . I think there is a lot of "what ifs" that need answering .

Post #462951 Tue May 26 2015 8:11pm
Invincible

United Kingdom 
Re: Would you accept this?

JSR2014 wrote:
So, picked the RRS up from the dealer on Friday night and I had a sneaky suspicion that they might have been driving it rather hard.

I assume that after the first service the car will require a test drive?

Anyway, I logged into the ECO part of the main screen to see how it was treated.

Now, this represents (in my mind) the car being driven VERY hard, not just the MPG figure but also the figures shown on the acceleration, braking etc shown in the picture.

Is this something you perceive as acceptable or do you think they've treated the RRS with no respect and have been boy racing?

Click image to enlarge

JSR2014 considering your original question and the comments made and the replies you have given I truly believe you may have answered your own question. It therefore suggests you are unlikely to change your current position so suggest you go and see the dealership principle and regale the points you have made here to him/her and see where you end up.

Obviously please let us all know how you get on. 2015 - HSE Dynamic - Santorini - Stealth Pack
2013 - Evoque - Santorini - Lux Pack
2010 - BMW M3 - Monte Carlo Blue
2007 - BMW 335 - Gun Metal Grey
2004 - BMW Z4 - Gun Metal Grey

Post #462956 Tue May 26 2015 8:39pm
Alan61

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I guess you need to find a dealership who 'Drive like Miss Daisy' when testing the cars. How do you test the brakes without using them or that the engine is working properly without accelerating?

I guess if I had taken the car in because I was questioning the achievable mpg I would be as miffed as you seem to be but reading your replies to the earlier posts it is clear you have made up your mind on what is or is not acceptable, why not just complain and let us know how you get on Wink good luck! MY 2014 HSE Dynamic
MY 2012 RRS HSE
2009 Audi A6 Avant- superb quality but boring never missed
2007 Q7 -loved it but not a patch on RRS
Various BMW's, Audis
199 TD5 Disco XS, great car big improvement on previous Disco
1981 Fiat Mirafiori Sport 2000 TC - Bright Orange and Black, great Car when new but soon deteriorated, those were the days

Post #462962 Tue May 26 2015 9:11pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I drove 11 miles home this evening , half on the motorway the other half through a village at 30mpg then 3miles on a back road. I had to brake sharply to avoid a deer and accelerate to pass a tractor and my"stats" weren't far off yours.

Post #462966 Tue May 26 2015 10:10pm
Garage Door Medic

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Get a in car camera, mine records, the journey, the speed, G-forces and conversation in the car. Mine is being picked up for a sevice this week, looking forward to see how they drive it the the dealership MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #462969 Tue May 26 2015 10:27pm
JSR2014

x5pea wrote:
I drove 11 miles home this evening , half on the motorway the other half through a village at 30mpg then 3miles on a back road. I had to brake sharply to avoid a deer and accelerate to pass a tractor and my"stats" weren't far off yours.

Agreed on this, bear in mind you've (I assume) accelerated onto a slip road (big assumption coming) from a roundabout and gained speed to 70(ish) mph.

You've then slammed the brakes on to avoid a collision and overtaken safely but (I again assume) swiftly to get past a tractor.

That's not the same readings as the dealer got in less than 2 miles.

Now consider these points:

The same acceleration force in the S/C will have the car moving substantially quicker.

The central symbol is NOT too speed (my mistake) it's speed per gear (so how close to red line) and the dealer didn't have to avoid any deer!!

I haven't made my mind up, I just felt a little bit vilified for expressing dismay at how the car was treated. I guess I wanted to hear that they need to drive it hard after the health check is passed, after the service is done to clear carbon deposits or something like that.

I was hoping that I was being over sensitive.

However, as many have said (yourself included), they had no reason to drive the car, apart from in and out the workshop.... 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #462973 Tue May 26 2015 11:37pm
JSR2014

I'll post the ECO data in the morning for the last 1000 miles I've driven. Includes motorway, fast runs, economy runs and a mix of town driving etc. 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #462975 Tue May 26 2015 11:41pm
JSR2014

Alan61 wrote:
I guess you need to find a dealership who 'Drive like Miss Daisy' when testing the cars. How do you test the brakes without using them or that the engine is working properly without accelerating

Why would they be testing the brakes? Car passed the health check at 11:45(ish) and this drive was after 2pm.

They didn't even check the tyre pressures so I seriously doubt they'd go as far as the brakes 😜 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #462976 Tue May 26 2015 11:43pm
Farmer Chalk

If my car was just serviced I would want the dealership to test everything works as it should. This is a skilled mechanic who is testing the systems on your car. How can you determine whether the kick down system in the gearbox is working correctly or if the brakes are pulling up hard and true.
I for one would want my car to be road tested to test its parameters are all correct especially if some of the components had been previously removed during the service.
That way I would be reassured that heaven forbid a incident occurs where I have to take avoiding action or slam on the brakes that everything would work as required.

You can't test the ABS without stamping on the brakes really really hard.....

Take a chill pill and enjoy your car knowing its proper.....

Post #462984 Wed May 27 2015 5:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>