RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Would you accept this?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black
Would you accept this?

So, picked the RRS up from the dealer on Friday night and I had a sneaky suspicion that they might have been driving it rather hard.

I assume that after the first service the car will require a test drive?

Anyway, I logged into the ECO part of the main screen to see how it was treated.

Now, this represents (in my mind) the car being driven VERY hard, not just the MPG figure but also the figures shown on the acceleration, braking etc shown in the picture.

Is this something you perceive as acceptable or do you think they've treated the RRS with no respect and have been boy racing?

Click image to enlarge
 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #462901 Tue May 26 2015 8:53am
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Maybe it was going up a long steep hill . Anyway I wouldn't give it a second thought but fully concerntrate on enjoying your lovely car . Thumbs Up

Post #462903 Tue May 26 2015 9:08am
JSR2014

There are no hills within 2.8 miles of the stealership.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Guy+Salm...a0174abb1e 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #462905 Tue May 26 2015 9:17am
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It's not worth worrying about things like this, just go and enjoy the car Thumbs Up 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #462906 Tue May 26 2015 9:28am
PEACHY

England 

Shocked sorry gents don`t agree - if it was me I would be asking why ? Shocked 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #462907 Tue May 26 2015 9:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Sorry but what are we worried about exactly? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #462908 Tue May 26 2015 9:46am
JSR2014

The fact the car appears to have been thrashed when it was visiting the dealers, why would they be doing this or was it just a joy ride?

Not sure if pre L494 have the eco system, if not, the numbers represent 1-5 with 1 being WOT 100% of the time and 5 being driven very very carefully.

The same applies for the braking (last symbol) and the central symbol is top speed.

Sorry, 87K car should be given at least some respect, if there is a genuine reason for them to do this then that is fine, however its its childish boy racing by the tech's then I'll discuss with the dealers. 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #462909 Tue May 26 2015 9:50am
Humbug

United Kingdom 

Get straight back on to them and kick up as big a fuss as you can. You're paying them a huge amount to look after your car and they're going out joyriding. Doesn't matter if it's 2.8 miles or 200 miles, they're taking the p*** – and if that's what they think of your car how can you trust them to do the work properly?

Perhaps see how hard you have to go to match their acceleration/braking numbers – knowing the diesel I imagine the 5.0 is pretty astounding when you really try – and think if you'd go anywhere near it in a built-up area in the middle of the afternoon. And remember, the car's in your name so it's you that would have to deal with any repercussions.

Can't understand why people seem so unconcerned: more hot air here about sending cars back because of gaps between plastic parts and crinkled leather yet the consensus seems to be to stop worrying because someone's been using your £90k car to go joyriding when you've put them in a position of trust. Strange sense of priority...

Post #462913 Tue May 26 2015 11:18am
SPX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Yes, they've absolutely ragged the arse off of it at an average of 17mph... Rolling Eyes

Post #462917 Tue May 26 2015 12:14pm
JSR2014

Sorry - your response shows ignorance of both the content of the post and the picture.

Its very easy to take that skewed view on this by looking at the average speed (which can be manipulated by leaving it standing and running).

Those figures were likely worse before they conceivably did that, look at the acceleration figure and the braking figure in the picture and that tells the story. 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #462919 Tue May 26 2015 12:17pm
SPX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

It's not ignorance it's simply taking the Censored .

Threads like these remind me of how many stroppy people there are in the world; was anything hurt or damaged? No? Move on with your life, if this is the sort of Censored that grinds your gears then you need a new hobby.

Post #462920 Tue May 26 2015 12:25pm
JSR2014

I see what you are getting at, however the point I am making is that I do not feel its the correct way to treat the car.

No damage which I can see was done, however it "could" have been and its irresponsible of the tech/dealership to act in this manner, especially on a Friday afternoon, in a built up area where parents were more than likely to be travelling to school to collet their kids.

Now, I am all for "making spirited progress" in the car, however only when conditions are safe.

What if something terrible happened when they were driving the car, or on future drives with other people's cars (thank goodness it didn't) and I didn't say anything to the dealership, how would I live with myself knowing that I could have highlighted this to them?

It shows a complete lack of respect by the dealership/tech to the car and as Humbug said - if they treat the car like this on the roads, how do they treat it in the workshop? 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #462922 Tue May 26 2015 12:33pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I don't see why they would need to road test anything in a service. Other than moving it in and out of the workshop no reason to drive the vehicle. That said they may be a genuine reason why they were testing the breaks, if you stick you foot down in my sport i can get it to turn amber so i wouldn't rear to much into those figures. Ave 17mph for 2.2mi isn't much of a journey.

I would discuss you concerned with the dealer, suggest asking them to explain the findings rather than potentially embarrassing yourself by going off like a hand grenade.

Post #462926 Tue May 26 2015 1:17pm
Humbug

United Kingdom 

SPX wrote:

Threads like these remind me of how many stroppy people there are in the world; was anything hurt or damaged? No? Move on with your life, if this is the sort of Censored that grinds your gears then you need a new hobby.

If you were going to collect your car and saw it doing full-bore accelerations through the town would you still be so relaxed? If so I admire your Zen-like sense of calm. I, on the other hand, would be furious and want to know why some little so-and-so was being allowed to thrash my car when he was meant to be servicing it.

Post #462928 Tue May 26 2015 2:10pm
rigsby

England 

1.4 miles there and 1.4 miles back on a Friday afternoon approaching rush hour, be lucky to get to 30 mph ???? MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #462929 Tue May 26 2015 2:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>