RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > RR Sport builder changes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>

eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

Looks like the in control apps and WiFi and also terrain progress control are now standard on the autobiography.
The tailgate is showing as hands free too? Does this mean the foot activation is in? Need to get in touch with my dealer me thinks. oh my god he's gonna love me

Post #458090 Fri Apr 03 2015 8:32am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Edd, IIRC the cars you configure now will not start rolling cown the production line until mid August, possibly later so you may find that if your build date is before mid-August you will not be able to add these items............. ie you will have one of the last 2015MY cars. The hands free tailgate appears also to have been rolled out for Evoque too which also gets the option of LED headlights on some models. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #458091 Fri Apr 03 2015 8:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

Hmmm mine is slated for a June build I wanted an ebony ebony interior but was told that ebony/lunar was as close as they got. Can't hurt to ask I guess.

Post #458096 Fri Apr 03 2015 9:02am
Tim in Scotland

Good luck - might be worth going through Pete@land Rover rather than the dealer (wouldn't mind betting that 90% don't even know the configurator has changed so will be surprised when you ask!) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #458104 Fri Apr 03 2015 9:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Chrisr1806

England 

Am I the only one who doesn't unnderstand the need to LED headlights? I though the current Xenons were good enough.... Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #458105 Fri Apr 03 2015 9:41am
Tim in Scotland

Off Topic Chris - My Defender is in having some TLC and the carriage lights with a tealamp in each wing are being replaced with LED headlights - I might be able to drive places at night without the Red Flag man infront afterward! I don't see the need on modern cars other than the designers can design even weirder shaped and more expensive lighting units. I decided to go for them on the Defender as the car has fragile wiring and is 19 years old. I have had lots of problems with blowing lamps in damp weather and was advised that replacing the candles with LED's puts less power drawn on wiring and battery/ alternator unlike BiZenons that require huge voltages to run. I have run LED side lights, brake lights and indicators on it for 7 years after replacing the LR Mushroom fittings for the brake lights several times a year, I haven't needed to change a lamp in 7 years and have rear lights that a lot of people think are rear fogs they are so bright yet they look like the OEM fittings! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #458108 Fri Apr 03 2015 9:51am
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

Chrisr1806 wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't unnderstand the need to LED headlights? I though the current Xenons were good enough....

Chris have a look at the audi matrix led to see some advantage of LED

http://www.audi.com/content/com/brand/en/v...light.html

Post #458113 Fri Apr 03 2015 10:54am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

One potential benefit of LEDs is the high lifetime compared to standard bulbs. Also they require less energy although once you have an array of them that's probably no longer true.

I like the idea behind the Audi system - the lights are able to adjust beam patterns etc. to suit conditions. Very clever and a useful thing to have.

Land Rover will probably design a "fit for life" light unit that breaks down every 6 months and costs £2k a pop to replace... Whistle 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #458114 Fri Apr 03 2015 11:12am
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

Don't forget to factor in the cost of the extra research they will have to do to make sure the condensation is present at all times Rolling with laughter

Post #458116 Fri Apr 03 2015 11:17am
Maidenmania

United Kingdom 

It would appear the new model will also have automatic access mode...... At long last! 2008 Factory HST- Sold
Arrived 2016 HSE carpathian grey

Post #458162 Sat Apr 04 2015 7:53am
Solihull1

United Kingdom 

Does that mean that it will automatically lower to access height when turning engine off rather than pushing the button, or is there something bigger that I am missing? Thanks

Post #458178 Sat Apr 04 2015 9:52am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Not the brightest idea if so as access mode is best enabled with the car moving (slowly). 

Post #458179 Sat Apr 04 2015 10:13am
Fletcher

England 

Just come home from the dealer , my order is being put on hold so that I will get one of the first of the new ones , they were aware of the changes but not aware the configurator had changed so much .
I'm really looking forward to the new car with the ebony/ebony interior , I would be more at ease if I could see the new paint collurs in the flesh before I make my choice , hoping for a really really dark grey .

Post #458190 Sat Apr 04 2015 1:21pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Maidenmania wrote:
peanutbob wrote:
Maidenmania wrote:
rigsby wrote:
Along with a price increase Big Cry Big Cry
£5000 now for the top stereo it was £4000 this afternoon

Still showing £4k on the English config site.
just looked and its £5000

HSE doesn't get Meridian now so 825w Meridan is £1000 and the Signature is £5000; AB still has 825 Meridan system so Signature system is £4k. 

Post #458193 Sat Apr 04 2015 1:49pm
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

Fletcher wrote:
Just come home from the dealer , my order is being put on hold so that I will get one of the first of the new ones , they were aware of the changes but not aware the configurator had changed so much .
I'm really looking forward to the new car with the ebony/ebony interior , I would be more at ease if I could see the new paint collurs in the flesh before I make my choice , hoping for a really really dark grey .

What is your delivery date now?

Post #458194 Sat Apr 04 2015 2:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>