RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SVR Order placed with Dealer but.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

braddersmd

SVR Order placed with Dealer but.....

Hi All,

Have posted this in the other forum (SVR thread), but thought I'd cross post here as well.

I've placed an order with the dealer for an SVR - deposit paid, and they've "informed the factory" - although I know official orders are yet to be placed.

One question I asked was about the silver wheels - being the only option. I quite like the idea of the dark grey for the bodywork, with black roof, and also dark/black wheels.

The dealer said that the only options they were aware of were listed in the configurator and I would be better to change the wheel colour after purchase.

Can anyone shed any more light onto this? Can they not be done bespoke from order?

Cheers, Bradders.

Post #438721 Tue Oct 07 2014 4:16pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I think we all need to understand that LR SVO is still finding its feet and although it's tempting to think you can have anything you reasonably want, Rolls-Royce style, I think we're a long way from that so far.

Porsche and most other manufacturers I have visited have their customisation lounges where sycophantic flunkies will painlessly relieve you of tens of thousands by exploring the furthest reaches of the options list. Try to go beyond that and it's simply not possible. I wanted blue seat belts. I could have black, silver-grey, yellow or red. But not blue.

Go to Ruf in Pfaffenhausen between Stuttgart and Munich and you can genuinely have anything you want to make your car seem less of the donor Porsche it's based on. But with cars costing something like £600k, so you should.

It will be interesting to see how the customisation options develop over time. I would have thought black wheels is an obvious thing to do as is paint-to-sample and a wider choice of leather colours.

Me, I would be more interested in having the new AV system from the Disco Sport and the head-up display. It's a pity these are being offered in the entry level models first leaving the top-of-the-range models high and dry, and you can be certain any eventual upgrade to the RRS will not be retrofittable. These things never are. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #438729 Tue Oct 07 2014 5:03pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Bradders,

Congrats on the order - wonderfully bonkers cars.

Re the wheels, give SVO a ring. At the moment I believe they are a little restricted in what they are allowed to offer and do, but can't harm in asking. It may be easiest and simplest to do as the dealer suggests, though, and paint afterwards.

Mark,

As posted elsewhere, HUD should be available in the UK from MY15.5, which is SVR. Needs the solar attenuating glass. 

Post #438770 Tue Oct 07 2014 9:05pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Thanks, I'll ask my dealer about the HUD. Pity nothing about it in the UK configurator. Mark

Post #438777 Tue Oct 07 2014 9:28pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Turns out the HUD is a rather unattractive lump sitting on the dash in front of the driver. Looks very much like the after-thought it is. I'll be avoiding... Mark

Post #439044 Fri Oct 10 2014 9:44pm
philmw

Have you seen it? I've only seen photos. 

Post #439100 Sat Oct 11 2014 6:32pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

No, I've only seen a picture of it and only of the Evoque but I wouldn't expect the RRS implementation to look any different I expect it's something you can get used to.

The priority now for me is to get a car and not risk making choices which might delay it. Mark

Post #439124 Sun Oct 12 2014 6:37am
philmw

They use the same Evoque photograph for the configurator for the Sport:

Click image to enlarge

http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-gb/...ud_190914/

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  

Post #439161 Sun Oct 12 2014 1:25pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Would be interesting to know if that photo is real or the result of some photoshop trickery. Either way, the box of tricks in front of the steering wheel looks a bit carbuncle-like. It's a £1000 option. Mark

Post #439230 Mon Oct 13 2014 10:40am
philmw

£1000 plus the solar glass? 

Post #439232 Mon Oct 13 2014 11:17am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, I believe so, what's that, £400? Mark

Post #439248 Mon Oct 13 2014 1:52pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Sitting in the LR dealership waiting for my Evoque to be MOT'd and had hoped to speak to the salesman about dates. Unfortunately, he must have heard I was coming in and had made himself scarce. Instead I was passed across to and had an unsatisfactory conversation with a little salesgirl who has a distinct attitude problem. She had to be rescued by someone who knew what he was doing and it turns out I am now number two in the dealership where previously I was number 1, so presumably somebody more important has been slotted in above me.

The whole allocation process stinks and is far from transparent. They're not helped by Land Rover of course who must presumably know by now how many SVRs they are planning to make but aren't telling anyone. It's the same shambles which accompanied my Evoque purchase when I had 7 delivery dates.

Little-missy with the posh accent also told me they will not be doing any sort of launch event for the car. All beginning to look like a damp squib.

Meanwhile, at Mercedes next door, they could not have been more helpful in sorting out some spare parts. Mark

Post #443867 Fri Nov 28 2014 10:34am
sally

United Kingdom 

Sounds like you are having a good morning.Lets hope the evoque passes its MOT!

If you are now number 2, do you think you will have to wait longer? Its a bit shady that the sales guy done a runner. I think mine is getting bored of my questions but they never really give any type of answer. Maybe they themselfes dont know whats happening. Id have a little moan if i have been bumped down the list after telling you that you were number 1.

Production starts in 7 weeks, you would have thought something would be happening by now. 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #443882 Fri Nov 28 2014 1:21pm
philmw

Something happening like what? 

Post #443889 Fri Nov 28 2014 2:46pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Something happening like allocating build slots and giving customers a date. Do you have one Phil?

I wonder what people are meant to do if they have a lease car coming to an end when there is so little concrete information.

Pleased to say the Evoque passed its MOT though two tiny chips on the windscreen was a near failure. I also put it in valet mode to stop them fiddling with things and that was also a near failure because they couldn't open the boot. Mark

Last edited by Mark_N on Fri Nov 28 2014 6:18pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #443897 Fri Nov 28 2014 4:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>