RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Just Ordered! :o)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>

corrisgrey

United Kingdom 

What colours have you seen Mike?

Post #382413 Tue May 07 2013 5:49pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I listed them in another post on here...i see one most days now...but one day was silly.

Red, Grey, White (i think that was an auto bio dynamic - had the bonnet gills in black etc), black (but it could have been another grey one). Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #382417 Tue May 07 2013 5:59pm
corrisgrey

United Kingdom 

I am attracted to Scotia Grey, but will have to see it in the flesh first. Chile could be an alternative as I do no want black or white.

Post #382423 Tue May 07 2013 6:46pm
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

For everyone complaining about low box and off roading etc - how many times have you properly ventured off road and needed the low box?

I have - 3 times in 3 years of ownership..... Having said that I've ordered my HSE Dynamic.

I'd be gutted at denting / bumping / scraping my £70k off roader, so I've bought a '94 shogun on 33" MT tyres to have a bit of fun in, and if I roll it or hit it, I'll not have to remortgage to pay for the repairs!

Health to enjoy it Adam...... Can't wait to see it.

I'll stick up my build spec amd no doubt get laughted at as it is a pimped out on roader, but hey - it's the one I want! MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #382427 Tue May 07 2013 7:53pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Big Pimp you hit the nail on the head - £70K for a fairly standard Land Rover, which will be in and put of the garage throughout its life. Just not worth it in my humble opinion. Far better products on the market for less money.....

Jim

Post #382440 Tue May 07 2013 9:06pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

big pimp wrote:
For everyone complaining about low box and off roading etc - how many times have you properly ventured off road and needed the low box?

As often as I can. The low range is useful for towing on road as well as for off roading.

Quote:
I'd be gutted at denting / bumping / scraping my £70k off roader, so I've bought a '94 shogun on 33" MT tyres to have a bit of fun in, and if I roll it or hit it, I'll not have to remortgage to pay for the repairs!

Which rather begs the question: what is the point of a £70k off roader? They may as well just come out and say "no one uses them off road so we've just made them 100% on road capable". Make the Defender for those who need a proper off roader, the Disco for those who want a bigger, more comfortable off roader / overlander and the rest of the range as progressively more expensive, glorified 4WD estates. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #382444 Tue May 07 2013 9:21pm
RRSTDV8

mse wrote:
Also to bridge the gap between those that feel the disco is below them...but have massive families?

"below them"? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #382445 Tue May 07 2013 9:24pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Agreed. Not just the ridiculous price-tag but it's also lost that rugged, manly appeal that made it what it was. It looks like something intended for the husband whose the missus has got an Evoque.,,. a matching "His & Hers" in the driveway???

Brian....... Thats a little unfair Whistle I have and use to its full extent an original TDV8 with locking rear diff 19" rims with Grabber AT's.
My wife has an Evoque Dynamic ( I hate the bloody thing). But... She loves it Rolling with laughter

The only good bit about the new car apart from the interior (very sexy) is "The weight loss" Oh and maybe the new 4.4 Thumbs Up

It beggars belief you would buy one without low ratio, locking diff and dynamic responce Big Cry

God knows how much the new 4.4 tdv8 will be with the spec of a 2007 HSE Thud Thud Thud

P.S. I have a mate who bought a freelander 2 in TWO WHEEL DRIVE Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Nowt as queer as folk.  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #382446 Tue May 07 2013 9:30pm
mse

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
mse wrote:
Also to bridge the gap between those that feel the disco is below them...but have massive families?

"below them"?

I know a few that wouldn't have a disco because its below them yes

Just because you have something and not use it/that often...doesn't mean it shouldn't have it.

I've used low range a few times...but I can tell you this, when I'm out in the snow or in a field or trying to help someone out...I wouldn't want to be screwed by basically having a car without the capability. Red faced and saying sorry my land/range rover can't do it etc...reminds me of that YouTube clip of the range rover spinning in the muddy grass and a tag line that its not good off road. That's not to say I seek out and would take it off road I have my disco for that. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #382449 Tue May 07 2013 10:00pm
corrisgrey

United Kingdom 

mse wrote:

I've used low range a few times...but I can tell you this, when I'm out in the snow or in a field or trying to help someone out...I wouldn't want to be screwed by basically having a car without the capability. Red faced and saying sorry my land/range rover can't do it etc...reminds me of that YouTube clip of the range rover spinning in the muddy grass and a tag line that its not good off road. That's not to say I seek out and would take it off road I have my disco for that.

Do you think the HSE with the £410 Off Road Pack, which adda a twin speed transfer box and Terrain Response 2 would be a good compromise?

Post #382485 Wed May 08 2013 11:23am
DBA

Macedonia 

Yes. My point exactly By choosing the offroad pack for 410 GBP you get all the offroad gadgets there are available for this car.. No compromise...

Post #382494 Wed May 08 2013 12:22pm
RRSTDV8

corrisgrey wrote:
mse wrote:

I've used low range a few times...but I can tell you this, when I'm out in the snow or in a field or trying to help someone out...I wouldn't want to be screwed by basically having a car without the capability. Red faced and saying sorry my land/range rover can't do it etc...reminds me of that YouTube clip of the range rover spinning in the muddy grass and a tag line that its not good off road. That's not to say I seek out and would take it off road I have my disco for that.

Do you think the HSE with the £410 Off Road Pack, which adda a twin speed transfer box and Terrain Response 2 would be a good compromise?

Yes! £410 is nothing when one looks at the total cost of the new vehicle. Ideally one would have the on/off road pack as that gives you the best overall package. But it is rather pricey. I'd rather have that than big shiny wheels. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #382501 Wed May 08 2013 1:21pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

What? £400 gives you a low ratio box?

Jim

Post #382516 Wed May 08 2013 5:08pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Quote:

Hell yes Exclamation - better than adaptive dynamics because i can see them eating brakes.

The next problem is everything else you dont get then and that its already 6k more.

But if it was getting a HSE, it would have to have the off road pack Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #382519 Wed May 08 2013 5:22pm
corrisgrey

United Kingdom 

mse wrote:
Quote:

Hell yes Exclamation - better than adaptive dynamics because i can see them eating brakes.

The next problem is everything else you dont get then and that its already 6k more.

But if it was getting a HSE, it would have to have the off road pack

£6k is a bit excessive. i'd be satisfied with the offroad pack, sunshine roof and through load rear seats - £2010. If I feel rich I might lash out £65 on premium mats Cool

Post #382521 Wed May 08 2013 5:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>