RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Just Ordered! :o)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>

SVR575

United Kingdom 

mse wrote:
TDV8HST wrote:
mse wrote:
Well done.

66k and not dynamic or off road equipped Question

No dynamic on this model? off road equipped? what has it got missing? Sorry mse have not checked the full spec of these yet.
I take it the AB has whats missing on this car? TIA.

HSE spec no longer has low range etc, nor does it have all the new dynamic driving stuff. The former is around £500 the latter is £4k

Equally did you order the folding seats, believe it or not, to have the same type of seats as the current is an option!

Towbar is apparently 2k option if you are planning to tow!

Wow thanks mse. Prefer mine any way. Very Happy SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #382284 Mon May 06 2013 4:10pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hmmmmm........well I think that I will have a look at the new model BMW X5 when it comes out later this year. It should be way cheaper, more economical and greener than the new RRS. I also hear that VW will be revamping their 4X4 range.

I have cancelled my pre order for my next RRS, which is a great shame, but I am not prepared to pay through the nose for a vehicle where most of the add on equipment should be included in the standard spec.

The new Volvo XC90 comes out later this year, which is what I was running before my RRS. In 7 years it got me everywhere that I ever needed to go whatever the weather. Not one problem with the car apart from putting new tyres on every couple of years. So I guess that I will have a look at one of these as well.

I really do think that Land Rover have got it terribly wrong with specification and pricing for the UK market, and think that most current RRS owners will be having second thoughts about the purchase of the new high priced low spec models on the UK market.

Jim

Post #382289 Mon May 06 2013 4:36pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Brian Mason wrote:
jim4244 wrote:
It is becoming very unlikely that I will be replacing the MY12 RRS I currently have with the new model.............

Jim

Ditto Jim. I'm on my third RRS at the moment but can't see this model being my fourth. So, what next??

Same for me...ive been a fan of the sport since concept and when i first drove it...love it aspired to get one, had four, owned two - doubt ill have the next generation which is sad.

Not worked out the next move yet...some options being worked through, looks like the new sport is only in about 2% likelihood.

Quote:
Wow thanks mse. Prefer mine any way.

no problem - totally agree (well i prefer mine if you know what i mean Rolling with laughter )

@ Jim

I wouldnt go a BMW route - but thats me.

Im of a similar view and there is no way i would spend the cash to get less or spend more cash to get the same...that was the nail in the coffin.

Whats worrying is im sure it will sell...just a load of people wont realise etc etc etc Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #382295 Mon May 06 2013 7:03pm
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

mse wrote:
Brian Mason wrote:
jim4244 wrote:
It is becoming very unlikely that I will be replacing the MY12 RRS I currently have with the new model.............

Jim

Ditto Jim. I'm on my third RRS at the moment but can't see this model being my fourth. So, what next??

Same for me...ive been a fan of the sport since concept and when i first drove it...love it aspired to get one, had four, owned two - doubt ill have the next generation which is sad.

Not worked out the next move yet...some options being worked through, looks like the new sport is only in about 2% likelihood.

Agreed. Not just the ridiculous price-tag but it's also lost that rugged, manly appeal that made it what it was. It looks like something intended for the husband whose the missus has got an Evoque.,,. a matching "His & Hers" in the driveway???

Anyway, nothing immediately comes to mind to fill the slot left by the current RRS. It's a shame the FFRR has eaten too may pies and comes with an equally absurd price-tag or that would be the natural successor, even though it's bigger than a Transit van. Not a fan of the X5 as had one and didn't like it and the Porsche Cayenne is another lard-arse. So, unless you're a hairdresser, what's the real hetrosexual alternative to the new Evoque XL, sorry, RRS??? Whistle MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #382296 Mon May 06 2013 8:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Renaco

Germany 

Brian Mason wrote:
mse wrote:
Brian Mason wrote:
jim4244 wrote:

Jim

Agreed. Not just the ridiculous price-tag but it's also lost that rugged, manly appeal that made it what it was. It looks like something intended for the husband whose the missus has got an Evoque.,,. a matching "His & Hers" in the driveway???

Anyway, nothing immediately comes to mind to fill the slot left by the current RRS. It's a shame the FFRR has eaten too may pies and comes with an equally absurd price-tag or that would be the natural successor, even though it's bigger than a Transit van. Not a fan of the X5 as had one and didn't like it and the Porsche Cayenne is another lard-arse. So, unless you're a hairdresser, what's the real hetrosexual alternative to the new Evoque XL, sorry, RRS??? Whistle

+1

Post #382299 Mon May 06 2013 8:37pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Totally agree...so much missing in the new rrs, so many little things to make a large set of problems

Personally back to the awful disco...or I might go freelander and rejigger the entire fleet.

I'm also a secret merc fan, but the off road capability must be there. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #382300 Mon May 06 2013 9:04pm
DBA

Macedonia 

Brian Mason wrote:
mse wrote:
Brian Mason wrote:
jim4244 wrote:

Jim

Anyway, nothing immediately comes to mind to fill the slot left by the current RRS. It's a shame the FFRR has eaten too may pies and comes with an equally absurd price-tag or that would be the natural successor, even though it's bigger than a Transit van. Not a fan of the X5 as had one and didn't like it and the Porsche Cayenne is another lard-arse. So, unless you're a hairdresser, what's the real hetrosexual alternative to the new Evoque XL, sorry, RRS??? Whistle

Former Defender, FFRR and Discovery owners probably had the same comment aboutbthe current RRS... Now they are driving an Evoque and are pretty happy with it...

I love the the ne RRS, and one of the reasons is that it looks like a big Evoque. Evoque good looks and FFRR quaility of materials, better offroading capabilities then the current RRS, better handling? And dont argue that the handling is not important, it is called Sport after all....

Automobile Magazine had put this nicely:

...So you climb into the driver's seat, noting its Italian-supercar look before you settle in, and you eyeball a cabin that owes some of its aesthetic to the Evoque but its quality of construction and material to the new Range Rover, and in turn to a Bentley. You sit lower than in the outgoing Sport but still higher than in the rivals for that hallmark Land Rover "command" driving position. The exterior has also swapped its boxy, slightly militaristic look for something slipperier and more elegant but your view out still includes those classic Range Rover "castellated" corners.

Read more: http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/drive...XrHijE4...

Post #382302 Mon May 06 2013 9:15pm
mse

United Kingdom 

DBa...the problem is things like, it not having low and full terrain response as standard, other simple and important things are missing there seems to be a big list. Making the core offering less/worse than in past models.

Then you get into price and pricepoints, the massive hikes for less is an issue for most.

Looks are so so, I'm not a fan, I've actually seen it for real...it is too evoque like and I've not liked the evoque (as many others actually) if I wanted an evoque, I would have bought one...the sport has a unique design that's being lost (that's not to say its ugly as such). The ffrr has lost a bit too, but retained more than the sport. Ok some of the bits (interior improvements) are great...but that can come as well without a copy.

Equally no one really sits in the current sport and saying its lacking inside or actually it's handling is bad -I think it's very good. The sport is a complete package and should be about that complete capability...improvements are once again good to see.

I'm all for improvements, but then the HSE doesn't get them either (dynamic is required!!)

Finally as a new defender, freelander and past new disco owner...I can't agree with those statements...the first sport I drove before launch and loved it...looks and the package...looks from the stormer...unfortunately this hasn't done it in any way except being a copy and an evoque xl really!

Progression is good, development is great but to loose fundamentals and increase the price is part of the issue I'm afraid! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #382316 Mon May 06 2013 11:33pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

DBA wrote:

I love the the ne RRS, and one of the reasons is that it looks like a big Evoque. Evoque good looks and FFRR quaility of materials, better offroading capabilities then the current RRS, better handling? And dont argue that the handling is not important, it is called Sport after all....

I don't like the fact that it looks like a fat Evoque. The new RRS will have lesser off road capabilities than the old one unless you spec the off road pack to get the 2 speed transfer box. Sure, the new 850mm wading depth and better ground clearance are useful but not if you can't get anywhere to make use of them. On road handling will, I'm sure, be better than the old RRS because of the weight loss and the fact that they've started out to build a Cayenne/X5 competitor. I find my Sport's handling suits its use - I don't chuck it around like a hot hatch because it isn't one. I try to carry speed and make use of the decent torque to make progress.

And don't get me started on Land Rover's insulting idea of charging £2k for a bloody tow bar! Thule need to figure out how to make an aftermarket bar for this vehicle. They could sell it for a grand and make a killing! 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #382317 Mon May 06 2013 11:34pm
RRSTDV8

Brian Mason wrote:
jim4244 wrote:

Jim

Save up for a FFRR or go somewhere else I suppose. BMW must be rubbing their hands at the thought of disenfranchised LR drivers looking for something other than the new RRS... Big Cry 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #382321 Mon May 06 2013 11:38pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Oh it's wider and longer...that's just what I thought it needed, there was loads of space in the car parks!

Ps I know why it's been done...us market etc Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #382322 Mon May 06 2013 11:58pm
RRSTDV8

I wonder if the inclusion of the extra seats in the RRS is a pointer to the Disco being moved in to a more utilitarian position in the range. More like the commercial version as standard perhaps. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #382323 Tue May 07 2013 12:46am
mse

United Kingdom 

Also to bridge the gap between those that feel the disco is below them...but have massive families? Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #382354 Tue May 07 2013 10:33am
BKHK

Australia 

I am looking at the new RRS for when it comes here. Actually, I have a meaningless small deposit down for one. The spec would suit me, I don't go off road or drive beyond the metro area (that what planes are for) so if its a bit dumbed down off road wise, no problem. Right now for all my road driving + the occasional winery gravel drive, my X5 4.0D is a great car.

When I first saw the new RRS I thought yuk. Now, I think it will make the existing RRS look very dated very quickly, just like the new FFRR has done to the L322. I still can't like the Evoque, its hideous with horrible 4 pot engines but the new RRS....definitely a + of 50% option right now.

Post #382364 Tue May 07 2013 11:18am
mse

United Kingdom 

Wait till you see it, you will think evoque xl not rrs or sport ffrr

Colour does change the look a little Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #382403 Tue May 07 2013 4:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>