RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > The gremlins have finally arrived!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 10 12345678910>

Bobs_buggy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
The gremlins have finally arrived!

After the honey-moon period (a week!), I've started to notice the problems.

1. Really cr4p paintwork. A "fisheye" on the bonnet (caused by a microscopic particle of grease, I believe), and a pimple in the middle of the roof (but you need to stand on ladders to see it). Inside the drivers door are bubbles in the laquer, runs in the laquer and a blister on the edge of the door where it goes into the black plastic "B pillar" trim. The bottom of the door reveals all have little pimples in the paint (between 5 and 20 each door), and rough paint (especially the drivers door reveal). In full sunshine, the rear edge of the spoiler looks like it's been painted with a brush.

2. Large plastic trim panel (is that the "D pillar"?) not attached properly. Thank goodness I noticed it before the wind caught it.

3. Bonnet not aligned properly. It's lop-sided by about a quarter of an inch

4. Surplus glue sploged out of the joint in the rear spoiler.

5. Suspension problems. Fault messages, orange lights, lop-sided access mode, raising and lowering on it's own at the traffic lights (embarrassing Embarassed ), all the usual things, really ('though I thought they'd been fixed in production now).

6. No forward alert!!!!!. This is a really odd one. I have ACC, but the FA button is missing, and I have the button panel from the TDV6, so there is no space to put the button Confused

Overall, I love the car, the engine Laughing , the noise it makes, the superb seats, the awesome stereo. I'm even getting over 21mpg on a long run!

BUT,

I hate the shoddy build, the panel gaps are all over the place (much worse than my daughters Vauxhall Corsa!), the lack of quality control, the sh!te paint, the way you have to slam the doors, tailgate and bonnet to shut them, the items listed above, etc.

I can see a lot of painful visits to the garage coming up (and I HATE taking my car to the garage, because it always comes back with more faults than it went in with).

I'm starting to wonder what else I could have bought for £60k........and that's not good! RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Last edited by Bobs_buggy on Fri Jun 09 2006 6:41pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #37869 Fri Jun 09 2006 4:31pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

At this early stage can U reject it?

Post #37871 Fri Jun 09 2006 4:34pm
Bobs_buggy

Derek wrote:
At this early stage can U reject it?

To be honest, I don't know. I think you have to give them a "reasonable" opportunity to put it right.

If I could reject it, I probably would (but the next one could be worse!) RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #37874 Fri Jun 09 2006 4:39pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Those of us that did the factory visit can offer some consolation - there is no way it is a Friday afternoon car................................... so it must be a Monday morning car:lol: Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bob, sorry to hear of your problems.
Derek don't you have to give the manufacturer 3 goes at fixing the defects before you can reject a car? But on the strength of no Forward alert I would have thought that you would have pretty good grounds on the basis that the car isn't as specified 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #37875 Fri Jun 09 2006 4:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Get straight onto LR direct - ask them to meet you at the dealership & to supply you with a Courtesy RRS whilst yours is sorted. Dont accept anything less !! 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #37881 Fri Jun 09 2006 4:49pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 
Re: The gremlins have finally arrived!

Bobs_buggy wrote:

2. Large plastic tim panel (is that the "D pillar"?) not attached properly. Thank goodness I noticed it before the wind caught it.

Tim does have this effect sometimes! Wink

Rest assured Bob, you've still bought the right car.

I can't help thinking anything I drive from now on will feel quite ordinary... Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #37886 Fri Jun 09 2006 4:56pm
Bobs_buggy

Supertrotter wrote:
Bobs_buggy wrote:

2. Large plastic tim panel (is that the "D pillar"?) not attached properly. Thank goodness I noticed it before the wind caught it.

I can't help thinking anything I drive from now on will feel quite ordinary...

Spelling corrected Embarassed RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #37889 Fri Jun 09 2006 5:05pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Bobs_buggy wrote:
Supertrotter wrote:
Bobs_buggy wrote:

I can't help thinking anything I drive from now on will feel quite ordinary...

Spelling corrected Embarassed

Shame would like to have seen what a large plastic Tim looks like! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #37899 Fri Jun 09 2006 6:28pm
Bobs_buggy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #37902 Fri Jun 09 2006 6:39pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Unlucky Bob Rolling Eyes
The paint problems are far too common.
The panel gaps on the whole are good from what I have seen on D3's and RRS's so definately something not right there.

As far as the regection goes, paint and body problems are where things get sticky, do you really want a brand new car that has to have panels repainted?

Having electronic and suspension problems plus spec missing adds to your arguement.

A lot depends on the attitude of your dealer / principle. If they are on your side it makes life a lot easier as it is the dealer that has to apply to LR for a replacement car.

If your dealer shows no interest then start bugging LRCS in a friendly way.

One other thought. Is your car on finance? if it is it could be good to get them on your side as well.

Post #37903 Fri Jun 09 2006 6:54pm
texas911

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

My LR3 had very good paint, but my year younger RRS has missing clearcoat in the door jambs (it feels rough) and there are way to many particles in the paint. Also one of my wheels also is only clear coated on half! Terrible. 2006 RRS Silver/Black

Post #37904 Fri Jun 09 2006 7:02pm
Bobs_buggy

Cliff H wrote:
Unlucky Bob Rolling Eyes

One other thought. Is your car on finance? if it is it could be good to get them on your side as well.

No, I paid cash for it.

Bob. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #37906 Fri Jun 09 2006 7:12pm
Bobs_buggy

texas911 wrote:
My LR3 had very good paint, but my year younger RRS has missing clearcoat in the door jambs (it feels rough) and there are way to many particles in the paint. Also one of my wheels also is only clear coated on half! Terrible.

That sounds very familiar.

It feels like the clearcoat is missing at the bottom of the right-hand door jamb. The dealer says thay will be able to polish it out, but my argument is that it'll probably only leave a micron of paint on it. It'll be o.k. until the warranty runs out, then it'll probably fall apart with rust!

Speaking of rust, I noticed that one of the doorhinge bolts was going rusty already Crying or Very sad RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #37907 Fri Jun 09 2006 7:17pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Make a list of ALL your problems and have a meeting with the dealer principle.

Post #37908 Fri Jun 09 2006 7:20pm
Pelyma

England 

Scorpio on the other side rejected his first D3 for paint quality no problem. I wouldn't let them fix it and they won't be able to. I wouldn't accept it on a £60K car either Twisted Evil

Post #37933 Fri Jun 09 2006 9:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 10 12345678910>