RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > The gremlins have finally arrived!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 10 <12345678910>

Cliff H

United Kingdom 

I would phone them first and get a contact. Send the letter recorded delivery to him / her (plus the DP) and then follow them up with phonecalls after a few days.

Post #39492 Thu Jun 15 2006 8:48pm
X5

England 

XXXAngelXXX wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:

Derek don't you have to give the manufacturer 3 goes at fixing the defects before you can reject a car?

i had this with my Aston Martin Vantage Volante:

the same problem has to occur 3 times - the are allowed to fix it 2 times and wehn it come to the 3 time then u can reject the car - get the money back minus some remuneration for the kms ore miles you have done with your car ...

Shocked

Why should you have to pay a remuneration figure? If the car was right or the dealer got on a sorted the problem first time then there wouldn't be a problem, but as the dealer is the one wanting to try and fix the fault then it's their problem that the mileage has built up in the mean time. I rejected my first BMW a 320ci for various problems, it took 6 months to get BMW to except that the car was well below par but I got a full refund.

Don

Post #39797 Fri Jun 16 2006 2:15pm
Bobs_buggy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

I've now sent off my letters to various LR establishments, and am awaiting replies.

The DP has contacted me, and we have a meeting set up for Wednesday.

I spoke to Trading Standards, and they say that if I reject the car, I mustn't use it (cancel holidays?). Also, if I have any repairs, this constitutes acceptance, so I'm 5tuffed!

Just have to throw myself at the mercy of the DP, now.

By the way, I took a friend out in the car over the weekend, and he noticed paint runs on the doors that hadn't spotted. So that's 116 paint faults. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #40246 Mon Jun 19 2006 12:56pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Bobs_buggy wrote:
So that's 116 paint faults.

Surely that is simply just not acceptable - Shocked

116 - FAULTS Thud 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #40351 Mon Jun 19 2006 8:49pm
Bobs_buggy

I've counted every individual pimple, run, fisheye, blister etc. 116 so far! RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #40435 Tue Jun 20 2006 3:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I hope you have marked them all with a nice black paintmarker pen for when the claims man comes to have a look! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #40445 Tue Jun 20 2006 4:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

United Kingdom 

Bobs, any news???

Post #43981 Wed Jul 05 2006 3:54pm
tonser

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Hi Bob

Just read through this thread and you have my fullest sympathy. This is exactly why I've just sold my 3 month old Porsche Cayman S back to Porsche. When it was delivered it had paintwork issues, and scratches and it took alot of effort to get them to sort it out. In the end they swapped my blotchy bonnet with one from another car that was waiting to be delivered to some one else, presumably hoping the other customer wouldnt notice it !

The dealership were not keen to sort things out, and wouldnt allow me to cancel the order as they said it had passed their quality control.

It did get sorted out, after lots of huffing and puffing, but it really soured the whole buying experience - who wants a new £50k car thats already been back in the bodyshop !?!. I struggled to get enthusiastic about the car, and when other things started to go wrong with the car I just had to get rid of it.

The bright side is that I'm now waiting for delivery of my RRS - I just hope I dont go through what youre going through. Good luck with it all, and stand your ground.

Tony Play: '59 VW Kabrio & '90 964
Work: http://www.mustardpost.com

Post #43988 Wed Jul 05 2006 4:36pm
Bobs_buggy

Derek wrote:
Bobs, any news???

Latest is that, after writing letters to everyone at Land Rover that I could think of (and getting a reply from one of them), I got a meeting with the DP and workshop manager at Trinity (dealers). They were both very sympathetic, and have been in contact with Land Rover about it. I've also taken lots of photo's, which the dealer passed on to Land Rover.
The upshot is that I am taking the vehicle in on Monday to have an engineer from Land Rover look at it (I'll put a sticky circle over each fault before I take it in). What happens after that is up to Land Rover.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Bob. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #44062 Thu Jul 06 2006 2:42pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

You must take a picture of the RRS with all the sticky circles on it! Best of luck but stick to your guns! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #44063 Thu Jul 06 2006 2:44pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Sounds like you've got everything covered Bob - literally Shocked Wink

Seriously though................ Best of luck with LR Thumbs Up 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #44087 Thu Jul 06 2006 3:44pm
Bobs_buggy

Very Annoyed wrote:
You must take a picture of the RRS with all the sticky circles on it! Best of luck but stick to your guns!

I'll do that (or at least sections of it). Some of the actual defects are quite hard to photograph, so the circles should show them up. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #44120 Thu Jul 06 2006 5:03pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Good luck Bob, hope you get a result Exclamation

Post #44129 Thu Jul 06 2006 8:35pm
Bobs_buggy

Thanks. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #44144 Fri Jul 07 2006 7:48am
Bobs_buggy

O.k.

I've prepped the RRS ready for tomorrow. I've given it a damn good cleaning, and I've stuck a sticky reinforcing dot over every pimple, and added various other comments. I've used over 150 sticky dots, so there are more faults than I originally counted.

Some are easier to photograph than others, some pimples don't show up at all on the photo's

Here are a couple of examples (loads more on my gallery);

Bob. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #44349 Sun Jul 09 2006 3:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 10 <12345678910>