RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > The gremlins have finally arrived!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>

Bobs_buggy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Singletrack,

I agree with your comments. I've been to Trading Standards about this, and they say that to reject a car you must stop using it and return it to the dealers straight away. Also, by accepting repair, you are automatically accepting the vehicle.

Personally, I can't stop using the vehicle unless I first resign from work, then cancel all my holidays. Also, I had the initial suspension problem fixed, so legally, I don't have a leg to stand on.

Also, I took delivery of the car as it left the factory (so that I could clean and wax it myself........I've taken delivery of cars that had been badly scratched at the valeters), with all the protective films in place, so I wouldn't have been able to see the faults anyway.

I suppose you live and learn about these things. You don't really expect a new car to have such bad paintwork etc., so you don't tend to look. You just get caught up in the moment of taking delivery of your new car. I won't make that mistake twice!

All I can do now is hope LR take pity on me Crying or Very sad RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #44949 Wed Jul 12 2006 9:47pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I hope things work out for the best Bob -I'm sure every one on this site is rooting for you and sympathise with your predicament Sad It sounds like Trinity and LR are taking this seriously with your best interests at mind - but I know how you must feel - having been through the same situation with a previous Audi - after months of anticipation and pre delivery excitement .................. only to be ruined so soon & the associated grief and aggro that follows Banging Head

But ............ be patient, polite, firm and to the point and hopefully LR will see right in replacing you car.

All the best

MDP 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #44954 Wed Jul 12 2006 10:36pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

I don't know how it works over there but generally here, walking into the Manager's office with a 'big stick' in hand works wonders!

I am not encouraging the above but ....

Hope you get your problems solved. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #44957 Thu Jul 13 2006 12:48am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Bobby wrote:
I don't know how it works over there but generally here, walking into the Manager's office with a 'big stick' in hand works wonders!

I am not encouraging the above but ....

Hope you get your problems solved.

you'll just get an ASBO for that here Laughing

Post #44961 Thu Jul 13 2006 7:09am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I've always thought the delivery/acceptance conditions were all a bit weighted in favour of the manufacturer. Legally, the expectation seems to be that you'd turn up at the dealers to collect your car, spend hours going over it with a fine tooth comb so that you can be sure you're accepting something in line with expectation. I can't ever imagine a time when it would be practical to do something like this, yet once you "accept" the car it's deemed that you've approved its condition and therefore have no legal comeback. Personally, whenever I've collected cars all I want to do is get out in them, I don't want to have to spend ages going through my own sets of quality control!

There's clearly a problem here and although the law might not particularly be on your side, there is good customer service to be upheld. There's obviously problems with the paint job and one thing that shouldn't happen is that they charge you full price for any rectification work.

Bad luck, Bob... as MDP says, we'll be rooting for you. Let us know how it all goes. Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #44976 Thu Jul 13 2006 9:59am
Bobs_buggy

Land Rover are on holiday for 3 weeks now, so I guess it'll go quiet for a while.

I Appreciate the support, guys.............now, if only someone from LR looked at this site Wink RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #44985 Thu Jul 13 2006 10:24am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Censored they are - I'm off to Gaydon tomorrow then they're at the motorshow! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #44990 Thu Jul 13 2006 10:44am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Bobs_buggy wrote:
Land Rover are on holiday for 3 weeks now, so I guess it'll go quiet for a while.

I Appreciate the support, guys.............now, if only someone from LR looked at this site Wink

No we're not !!!

Don't let anyone fob you off Bob. Land Rover don't finish for the main summer shutdown until next Thursday. Things could be moved forward in that time I'm sure.

Personally I'm off for a month from Tuesday. Whistle Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #45087 Thu Jul 13 2006 6:10pm
Bobs_buggy

Thanks TB. I'll chase the dealers up again tomorrow.

Bob. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #45089 Thu Jul 13 2006 9:32pm
Bobs_buggy

O.k., it's update time again.............and things are starting to look up!

Just got a call from the dealer. Apparently, there have been several phone calls exchanged with Land Rover, and the upshot is that they will exchange the vehicle.............for an '07 model!!!!!!!!!!

I will have to pay some extra ('cos I've used the car for a few months), but the '07 model will have the integrated TV function (which I probably won't use), but it should have the auto tailgate closure (so her indoors will be able to shut the damn thing).

The problem is that they've earmarked one for me that's just about to be built, and it doesn't have a towbar or tints as part of the spec. They've said that they would fit my towbar, and put some electrics on.............but I'd rather the factory did it. They've also said that they would get a local firm to tint the windows, but I've catagorically refused to accept a car unless it has factory tinted windows (from what I've seen, they always look better).

The dealer is going to find out if it's too late to change the spec (in which case, I'll just wait), or if they can change it, I'll need to get my cheque book out again Crying or Very sad

Does anyone know if a reversing camera is part of the TV integration? That would sweeten the pill a little.

I'll know more tomorrow........I'll keep you posted. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #48940 Mon Aug 14 2006 5:40pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Bob - fairly good news. You're right insist onthe factory tints they are so much better, and as LR has been on holiday for the last 3 weeks I would reckon your new car isn't more than sheet metal! Best of luck! I hope you're happy! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #48941 Mon Aug 14 2006 5:48pm
Bobs_buggy

Hmmmmm..............

I'm now told that I can get factory tints and towbar, but I'll have to pay full price for them (even though I've paid for them once already)

How very odd Confused RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #48961 Mon Aug 14 2006 7:36pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Very odd - letter to LR me thinks! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #48962 Mon Aug 14 2006 7:39pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

The dealer is just trying it on IMO. I had to pay a bit towards my new one (although I could not be sure if this was just added by the dealer).
Glad to hear you have progress though Bob Thumbs Up

Post #48969 Mon Aug 14 2006 9:08pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Good news Bob

However... if they are offering to upgrade you into an 07 model year as a replacement vehicle - it should be the same spec as you already have - but with the 07 model year additions. INSIST and stick to you guns Wink

Factory fitted privacy glass is the only way to go. If you pop into trinity and speak to Bill , he has full details of the 07 spec/additions.

Cheers MDP 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #49056 Tue Aug 15 2006 12:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>