Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > My experience with Pimp my Range / Speed Culture
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>

Stryke

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Re: Pimp my Range - A Bunch of Crooks

fredc51 wrote:
I ordered some new rear lights in September, but didn't get a delivery despite chasing them a couple of times. I then treatened to cancel the order and was promised that I would receive them a couple of days later, which I did. But - they wer're the wrong lights - after a phone call, when their supplier was blamed, I returned the lights the same day and asked for a refund. Never got a thing - called them - "just spoken to our accounts department - it'll be done today" After a month, I made a claim on my credit card (Google Wallet does not have a dispute procedure) and have now been told that they have rejected my claim as I did not follow procedure - Read the T&C's, followed them to the letter, and have a signed delivery receipt for the goods. I am now in the process of taking them to court - wish me luck!

Fred

Go back to your credit card company. If you followed the UK law, i.e. returned within 7days (from memory) and have proof, then you should get your money back.

This sounds crazy. Can't believe they are not giving you back your money!

Post #377113 Sat Mar 16 2013 1:09pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Click image to enlarge

These guys are just a couple of miles from me and their unit is nowhere big enough to hold all the items that are on their website.

I guess they take orders and fulfil later? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #377122 Sat Mar 16 2013 4:36pm
fredc51

United Kingdom 
Pimp my Range - A Bunch of Crooks

HI Stryke,

Thanks for the information, i am now in dispute with my Credit Card company, as they went through the "wrong" procedure to claim the money. They are now doing the case through the Credit Consumer Act!!! I have a courier company and employ some pretty frightning guys - may just consider gettting them to p ay these guys a visit, next they're down in the area.

Fred Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS
Porsche 911 2S Cab
Range Rover Vogue 4.4V*

Post #377300 Mon Mar 18 2013 11:21am
Johns HSE

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Pimp my range

Iv placed an order with Pimp my range. Same as everybody else I still have not recieved my items which was 4 weeks ago. I have called Jason over & over & over again & all I get is a load of waffle. Even though I live a distance away il be happy to drive down to him & pay him a little visit. Please, please, please don't do business with this company. Load of crap.

I will be reporting pimp my range to trading standards & even HMRC 4x4 all the way. Can never get in a car again

Post #377396 Mon Mar 18 2013 9:08pm
Johns HSE

fredc51 wrote:
HI Stryke,

Thanks for the information, i am now in dispute with my Credit Card company, as they went through the "wrong" procedure to claim the money. They are now doing the case through the Credit Consumer Act!!! I have a courier company and employ some pretty frightning guys - may just consider gettting them to p ay these guys a visit, next they're down in the area.

Fred

Il be happy to join them mate if there going to visit that w****r Jason 4x4 all the way. Can never get in a car again

Post #377398 Mon Mar 18 2013 9:10pm
Johns HSE

[quote="Johns HSE"]

fredc51 wrote:
HI Stryke,

Fred

Il be happy to join them mate if there going to visit that w****r Jason[/quote

Here's an update with pimp my range. Spoke to Jason this morning & demanded he returned my money via bank transfer, I told him cut the crap & have read all your bad reviews. You know as well as I do I'm not going to receive these goods. I told that if I did not receive my money within the next hour I will be getting my solicitor to call you. Will be reporting you to FSA, trading standards & even get rouge traders on to you. You wouldn't believe it, he told me he would call me back in 15 min which obviously he didn't. So I calls him. He said he transfer has been done & to call him back when I recieved it. Thankfully I did receive the money & I wouldn't even think about calling him again.

Give it a go people, it may work for you to. Good luck 4x4 all the way. Can never get in a car again

Post #377516 Tue Mar 19 2013 7:05pm
fredc51

United Kingdom 
Kerranggggg! Biff!!! Take that Pimp my Range

After all the problems, I went online to the Court Service and issued a summons for all the money, plus interest and to cover the court charge. It cost me GBP60.00, but guess what, the cheque for the full amount arrived within three days. I've just deposited it in the bank and will check to make sure it's honoured!!

What a result - despite all the aggro, I suspect that they didn't want a bad credit rating, after all, wouldn't we all think twice before bankrolling Jasons company!!

Fred Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS
Porsche 911 2S Cab
Range Rover Vogue 4.4V*

Post #378909 Thu Mar 28 2013 2:01pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Ridiculous that you had to resort to that to get your money, but hopefully it will clear and you can move on. Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #378912 Thu Mar 28 2013 2:12pm
wrapit

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 SE Buckingham Blue

Is this still happening? I've had problems with this company, one month waiting for parts, lots of calls and all the same excuses - Apparently the courier has it, it will be delivered tomorrow etc

Post #424678 Mon May 19 2014 10:31am
wrapit

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 SE Buckingham Blue

Update:

After nearly a month, I have received my side steps.

I'll be honest and say that Jason had said I would get them Friday, given the previous promises, I was very disappointed when they did not arrive, but they have turned up, I don't know if that is a esult of them not being in stock or genuinely being a courier issue.

I fitted one side last night and they are very good, I really want the bull bars to go round also, but am still not convinced that they will turn up, something for me to think about.

Post #424744 Tue May 20 2014 9:57am
KIRKY

United Kingdom 
PIMP MY RANGE

STILL WAITING FOR MY GOODS AFTER TWO MONTHS AND STILL CURRENTLY WAITING MR JASON THORNE

HE'S SENT THEM (NOT HAD)

HE'S SENT SOME MORE RECORDED DELIVERY (NOT HAD)

HE'S DONE A FULL REFUND (NOT HAD)

I HAVE OPENED A CASE WITH MY BANK AND HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY CREDITED FOR THE FULL AMOUNT FOR NOW

THE RETAILERS BANK HAS ADVISED ME THAT THE GOODS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED AND THAT THEY HAVE A COPY OF THE SIGNED DELIVERY ADVICE WITH TRACKING NUMBER
""
WHO'S PRINTED SURNAME IS ON THE ADVICE NOTE"" THORNE"" AND THE DELIVERY OFFICE IS SALTASH WHICH IS IN CORNWALL

YOUVE JUST LEFT YOURSELF ENOUGH ROPE TO HANG YOURSELF BY SENDING ME A FALSE PROOF OF DELIVERY

[/u]

Post #427222 Sun Jun 15 2014 12:55am
Big v8

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

Hi
I'm new to the forum so any help is greatly appreciated.
Just wondering if anyone had any work done recently by Pimp My Range as I was thinking about having some side steps fitted by them I have read the posts above but a lot of them are old. I popped into there workshop today to talk to the guys at Pimp My Range about the work I want doing and they seemed genuine enough but just wanted to see if anyone had dealt with them recently to see if they had changed before I spend money with them.

Dan

Post #447795 Thu Jan 08 2015 10:07am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

After reading all of the above, i wouldn't take my pride and joy anywhere near their place. Shocked A leopard doesn't change its spots.
There are plenty of other places to have your side steps fitted. It is an easy job really. Thumbs Up

Post #447800 Thu Jan 08 2015 10:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beancounter_74

England 

^^^ Agree with Ady, side steps are straight forward job for 2 people, take your time and have the right tools to hand (Did it over Christmas on a Disco4). Follow the 'how to' video on PowerfulUK and you'll save yourself some money Thumbs Up ............for other bits on your RRS Laughing

PS: make sure you get a trim clip removal tool, about £5 from eBay Wink ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #447802 Thu Jan 08 2015 12:05pm
martyn05

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Did mine myself after watching the video, another piece of advice, but a lot of spare clips. The old ones are brittle and break easily. 2006 RRS SC Bonatti Grey (the 55th car/van I have owned)
2005 GSX 1400 K5

Post #447813 Thu Jan 08 2015 1:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>