RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > My experience with Pimp my Range / Speed Culture
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>

Groupie59

United Kingdom 
Re: How to get your money back if paid by debit card

Tell him you're in the area next week. That's what seems to have brought forward my cheque. I would break every one of this forums rules if I told you what I thought of this Jason Thorne.

franki99 wrote:
Really hacked off that this company is still trading , am £900 lighter in pocket but have found something on Martin Lewis money saving website that hopefully might be useful if you have also been robbed by Pimp My Raange in the last 120 days read below and then I have attached a link to ready written letter template, just need to pop your own details in there and send to your bank . Have also emailed Torbay trading standards office asking them to investigate , if everyone did the same maybe we could get them closed down Rolling with laughter

link for letter template to claim back debit card payments
The majority of us are now aware of the benefits of using our credit cards in terms of the protection it offers us in the event the supplier is unable to offer the goods and services we have paid for.

But did you know that you can also claim the money back if you have paid on your Visa Debit card? And unlike your credit card, which imposes a minimum spend of £100, you can claim back any amount of money.

The process is called Visa Debit Chargeback, and, as the name suggests, is a procedure in which the banks will ‘charge back’ the value of the original transaction directly from the supplier’s bank, and pass this amount on to you.

All banks who issue Visa cards have only recently agreed to process chargeback requests, and there is still widespread confusion over what it is and how it works. Therefore if you meet a dead end in your discussions with bank staff, persist. The facility is there for you to take advantage of.

Invoking the chargeback procedure

If you suspect your card has been used fraudulently, if the goods and services you bought with your card are faulty or if they do not materialise, then you should contact the bank who has provided you with your Visa debit card within 120 days, requesting they initiate the chargeback process. It does not mean you will automatically and immediately get your money back. It will initially become a ‘dispute’ in which the claim will be fully investigated by both banks before any money is returned.

Addendum: This Visa Chargeback Scheme also applies to Visa Credit Cards

http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/attachment/chargeback.rtf

Post #354866 Tue Aug 28 2012 3:36pm
Ladydriver

United Kingdom 

If I hadn't got my money back from credit card company it was my intention to call him every day and wear him down but since I did get refund I called him and simply asked him if he was a thief and had no intention of refunding the money or was it the case that he was simply stupid! I'm sure he is used to much worse than this but it did give me a sense of satisfaction to hear him lost for words. Good luck to all who are trying to get goods or refund. Hope the business does go down the drain

Post #354872 Tue Aug 28 2012 4:52pm
Groupie59

United Kingdom 

Ladydriver wrote:
If I hadn't got my money back from credit card company it was my intention to call him every day and wear him down but since I did get refund I called him and simply asked him if he was a thief and had no intention of refunding the money or was it the case that he was simply stupid! I'm sure he is used to much worse than this but it did give me a sense of satisfaction to hear him lost for words. Good luck to all who are trying to get goods or refund. Hope the business does go down the drain

I called every day. I think to get a result out of him you need to be more belligerent than he is. Not easy, even for me!

Post #354873 Tue Aug 28 2012 5:34pm
Ladydriver

United Kingdom 

I have just this moment sent an email to torbay trading standards as per your suggestion, so fingers crossed. If anyone else out there would like to do this also, then perhaps something can be done!

Post #354996 Wed Aug 29 2012 6:18pm
Groupie59

United Kingdom 

[quote="Ladydriver"]I have just this moment sent an email to torbay trading standards as per your suggestion, so fingers crossed. If anyone else out there would like to do this also, then perhaps something can be done.

Can you post the email address you sent it to and I'll do the same? Ta.

Post #355000 Wed Aug 29 2012 7:34pm
Ladydriver

United Kingdom 

Trading.standards@Torbay.gov.uk is email address. I requested a response from them so if I get one I will post it here. Good luck.

Post #355001 Wed Aug 29 2012 7:43pm
Groupie59

United Kingdom 

Ladydriver wrote:
Trading.standards@Torbay.gov.uk is email address. I requested a response from them so if I get one I will post it here. Good luck.

Ta. I'm on it.

Post #355062 Thu Aug 30 2012 12:31am
Groupie59

United Kingdom 

Well that didn't work. It appears there is no Trading standards any more!

Dear Mr

Many thanks for your email. All our enquiries/complaints are dealt with by Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline (previously known as Consumer Direct). You can contact them on 08454 040506 or online at http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/get...ervice.htm

Yours sincerely

Paul Craske
Community Safety
Torbay Council

Post #355203 Fri Aug 31 2012 2:14pm
Ladydriver

United Kingdom 

Yeah I got same response, still I'm going to email consumer direct, might not get anywhere but as the say ' nothing ventured, nothing gained'. Thanks for your support anyway x

Post #355227 Fri Aug 31 2012 8:04pm
cypermethrin

Thanks for the warning ... will avoid like the plague

Post #355513 Tue Sep 04 2012 11:11am
guyonwheels

United Kingdom 

Hello everyone, I found this thread from google..

I dont have a Range Rover, I have another car. I ordered bodykit parts for over £3000 from Speed Culture..

I had the same BS issues as everyone else, not returning calls, phone back tomorrow.. etc,
in the end I cancelled,. not once did Speed Culture send a receipt or refund or anything.
Luckily my credit card company paid me back,,

in simple,, never use this shoddy company ! complete bunch of timewasting crooks.

now,, where to go for trading standards.... this guy shouldn't be allowed to run a company. Mad

Post #357975 Wed Sep 26 2012 3:03pm
toeuk1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I wish I'd read this thread before buying from pimpmyrange. I've been getting fobbed off for a couple of weeks now. I'll be opening a dispute with the credit card company in the morning.
As somebody suggested earlier, maybe this thread should be made into a sticky to warn others.

Post #359568 Sun Oct 14 2012 12:18am
guyonwheels

United Kingdom 

complain here..

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=34....fromforms

Post #359795 Mon Oct 15 2012 7:19pm
PEACHY

England 

Used PMR 2 years ago for RRS side steps - absolutely useless - ignorant Censored Censored 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #360071 Thu Oct 18 2012 6:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fredc51

United Kingdom 
Pimp my Range - A Bunch of Crooks

I ordered some new rear lights in September, but didn't get a delivery despite chasing them a couple of times. I then treatened to cancel the order and was promised that I would receive them a couple of days later, which I did. But - they wer're the wrong lights - after a phone call, when their supplier was blamed, I returned the lights the same day and asked for a refund. Never got a thing - called them - "just spoken to our accounts department - it'll be done today" After a month, I made a claim on my credit card (Google Wallet does not have a dispute procedure) and have now been told that they have rejected my claim as I did not follow procedure - Read the T&C's, followed them to the letter, and have a signed delivery receipt for the goods. I am now in the process of taking them to court - wish me luck!

Fred Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS
Porsche 911 2S Cab
Range Rover Vogue 4.4V*

Post #376949 Thu Mar 14 2013 5:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>