RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Bye to the RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

NickM

United Kingdom 

Sport & Mick - try get into detailing the car yourselves guys - so good to see the results with the efforts you put in, especially with beautiful cars like yours - you just get swirl after swirl at any type of hand valet place....it's worth the effort guys, believe me - will never use another one again - this from the guy who used to wash my cars 4 times a week!

Post #261957 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:09am
Mickx

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Chris' thanks and I agree with your thoughts.

I work for a global professional services organisation and if we delivered a similar level of limited quality of servie I am sure our competitors would easily capture our share of the market.

Howvever, I guess I am thinking of 'apples and oranges'. -----------------------------------------------------------------
**Some people dance in the rain & some people just get wet**

Post #261958 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:11am
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

codfather wrote:
4wheeldriver wrote:

Have phoned 2 central belt dealers about used V8s and neither have bothered to come back with pics or prices on either of them! Apart from LPR I'm starting to think "give a sh*t" attitude is the norm for the LR dealers in Scotland!

i know it is a bit away from you but have you tried parks landrover in ayr, not sure what their stock situation is but they sold a shedload of RRS this month, so bound to have a V8 in on PX or some time soon when the new orders start filtering through. sales guys there are very helpfull!! speak to iain or john.
cheers
dave

Cheers for that Dave. Have a couple of things in the pipeline just now so fingers crossed get something out of it! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #261959 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:12am
quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mickx wrote:
Chris' thanks and I agree with your thoughts.

I work for a global professional services organisation and if we delivered a similar level of limited quality of servie I am sure our competitors would easily capture our share of the market.

Howvever, I guess I am thinking of 'apples and oranges'.

That's part of the problem : LR has a strong customer base of well-to-do people who buy their vehicles no matter what.
That said, I must admit several people I know do have RR and drive them without major problems.
Speaking about Apples, when I log in Apple official support forum for replies, I see truckloads of customers
having heavy problems with their Mac. For myself, I just had one major glitch in 14 years using them. And Apple
sorted it out in a matter of days, even paying for it when the Mac was out of warranty.
So I wonder if this helpful forum, with all due respect, has not a magnifying glass effect though. 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #261960 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:14am
Mickx

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Good challenge Quantz, and as you rightly state there are many happy RRS owners who have trouble free motoring.

As always, comsumer choice and view is personal Smile -----------------------------------------------------------------
**Some people dance in the rain & some people just get wet**

Post #261961 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:19am
4wheeldriver

NickM wrote:
Sport & Mick - try get into detailing the car yourselves guys - so good to see the results with the efforts you put in, especially with beautiful cars like yours - you just get swirl after swirl at any type of hand valet place....it's worth the effort guys, believe me - will never use another one again - this from the guy who used to wash my cars 4 times a week!

Have to agree with you Nick. I never gave that much thought to it till I joined here and picked up all the tips and advice on cleaning the RRS. Up till then my cars got a wash once a week and a coat of Autoglym every few months.

After I got the detailing kit from JKP I got into claying, (after trying it out on my Mums Volvo 1st! Laughing ) priming and polishing it all properly and couldn't believe the difference! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Post #261962 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:22am
NickM

United Kingdom 

4Wheel...what are your options car wise now?? any cars in your sights??

Post #261963 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:23am
quantz

That said, I had some problems with my XJ8 (before RRS) that only Jaguar/Land Rover could have with a vehicle, I guesse (at least, that's what the dealer told me).
In fact, my XJ8 had two (2) VIN from factory (one printed on documents, one etched in car boot and shield plate). Shocked
There was a discrepancy/error of one (1) letter between the two VIN. I won't tell you here how many weeks I had
to battle with Jaguar importer here before they acknowledged the mistake was Jaguar Coventry's.
I have now a beautiful official document from Jaguar stating the fact.
But the car drove faultless for 7 years. A swiss watch. 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #261964 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:24am
4wheeldriver

Nick

Given the lack of any interest and the comment "can't do much off on cash sale as we can sell these cars dozens of times a day" from dealers up here I'm giving serious thought to the X5 purely because when I call about them if they're available then I get pics and prices emailed through usually within an hour!

Got a choice of 2 at the moment with the spec I want or very near it!

Oh and "I can sell these a dozen times a day" dealer has STILL got his v8 lying 11 days after I first called him and got ignored! Whistle Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #261965 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:31am
quantz

4wheeldriver wrote:

Oh and "I can sell these a dozen times a day" dealer has STILL got his v8 lying 11 days after I first called him and got ignored! Whistle

I had the same kind of reply from dealership in Luxembourg.
That said, two other dealerships in France and Belgium insisted to sell me a vehicle, calling me back and back.
It's all down to dealerships, I guess.
Regarding BMW service, I'm not that enthusiastic. My wife has a 3 series that constantly requires motor oil.
We have a maintenance contract and THEY should have taken care of it when last service was due. They did not
and my wife had to buy oil and add it herself. Needless to say they received a strong worded letter from this
author, reminding them what service is and requiring a double check on the engine. So far, they replied to me
it was normal for some cars to consume oil. Shocked Rolling with laughter Twisted Evil My Jaguar never required any oil between normal 18 months services.
So I'll have to escalate this… And I'm speaking about the biggest dealership where we live. 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Last edited by quantz on Sun Apr 04 2010 11:41am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #261966 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:38am
NickM

United Kingdom 

had an X5 new a couple of years ago - and a great car - just doesn't turn as many heads though - great build quality etc....know I will get kicked in the nads for saying this - but can you get an X6 for the money you want to spend?

Do you need a 4WD? I nearly changed my RRS for a Cayman S - had tiptronic, nav etc, and you can get a great one for between 25-30K

Or why not just sit tight on your money - wait 2 months and the values will have come down in the summer....

Post #261968 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:39am
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I think the answer as to why they are doing that is that the prices are currently going up so they are sitting on an appreciating asset,still annoying when you want to do a deal though. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #261969 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
4wheeldriver

quantz wrote:
That said, I had some problems with my XJ8 (before RRS) that only Jaguar/Land Rover could have with a vehicle, I guesse (at least, that's what the dealer told me).
In fact, my XJ8 had two (2) VIN from factory (one printed on documents, one etched in car boot and shield plate). Shocked
There was a discrepancy/error of one (1) letter between the two VIN. I won't tell you here how many weeks I had
to battle with Jaguar importer here before they acknowledged the mistake was Jaguar Coventry's.
I have now a beautiful official document from Jaguar stating the fact.
But the car drove faultless for 7 years. A swiss watch.

Quantz

I don't think its so much the faults with the cars but how a lot of dealers and LR themselves deal with them. How many owners have heard the word "feature" or "that's the way they're supposed to be" when they complain about things?

These aren't cheap cars to buy and as a "premium" brand customers should expect and receive a premium service with them.

I watched a sales guy tell a couple taking delivery of a new D4 HSE not to lock the car with different keys as the keyless entry wouldn't let the other keyholder back in unless the original key was used! The couple looked quite shocked being told that on their brand new 50k car and I can't blame them! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #261970 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:42am
4wheeldriver

NickM wrote:
had an X5 new a couple of years ago - and a great car - just doesn't turn as many heads though - great build quality etc....know I will get kicked in the nads for saying this - but can you get an X6 for the money you want to spend?

Do you need a 4WD? I nearly changed my RRS for a Cayman S - had tiptronic, nav etc, and you can get a great one for between 25-30K

Or why not just sit tight on your money - wait 2 months and the values will have come down in the summer....

Nick

I need a 4wd for 2 reasons. 1) I tow a ruddy big caravan which a Cayman would never move! Rolling with laughter and 2) I had an accident a couple of years ago which has collapsed a disc in my lower back! I'd get INTO the Cayman but never get back out again!! Laughing Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #261971 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:48am
quantz

4wheeldriver wrote:

Quantz

I don't think its so much the faults with the cars but how a lot of dealers and LR themselves deal with them. How many owners have heard the word "feature" or "that's the way they're supposed to be" when they complain about things?

These aren't cheap cars to buy and as a "premium" brand customers should expect and receive a premium service with them.

I watched a sales guy tell a couple taking delivery of a new D4 HSE not to lock the car with different keys as the keyless entry wouldn't let the other keyholder back in unless the original key was used! The couple looked quite shocked being told that on their brand new 50k car and I can't blame them!

Absolutely right.
That said :
- I never choose tricky options, and to me keyless entry is one of them.
- A friend of mine had a brand new class S he paid 140 000 € and just the day he had to drive to the airport
for an all-important flight to New York, the car never started : something with the magnetic card system or whatever was wrong.
Rolling with laughter He almost missed the flight and a huge contract negociation. Whistle 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #261974 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>