RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Bye to the RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Mickx

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Bye to the RRS

After seven months of ownership and and 4K miles of Landrover Assist/AA and 'dealer' incidents I have moved on from the RRS.

However, this is a great forum and I will watch with interest.........

Regards to all.

Mick -----------------------------------------------------------------
**Some people dance in the rain & some people just get wet**

Post #261927 Sun Apr 04 2010 7:02am
Red1903

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi Mick,

Can fully understand where you are coming from, my confidence in the Land Rover marque is at rock bottom after purchasing 2 brand new RRS and having to put up with breakdowns, recoverys, faults etc.

My latest car, a MY10 RRS is a complete joke and the dealer is replacing the car asap. If the replacement car is not up to scratch i will also be walking away from Land Rover.

What are you thinking of getting into?

Post #261931 Sun Apr 04 2010 8:02am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Mick I remember when you first got it, car looked great - sorry you're going so quickly....but if it's not working for you, then you got to do what you gotta do I guess...

Did you sell the car back to the dealer??

Post #261933 Sun Apr 04 2010 8:09am
Mickx

I hope you get sorted Red, but sometimes you need to draw a line.......

My previous wheels was an X5, so I am having a complete change and pick up my Mercedes CL 500 on Wednesday.

Relegated to the wife's Cooper S in the interim, but gotta say is a fun drive. -----------------------------------------------------------------

Post #261934 Sun Apr 04 2010 8:12am
NickM

United Kingdom 

CL 500...nice car. New or pre-owned, and what colour? Always thought they looked great in either white or black..

Post #261937 Sun Apr 04 2010 8:46am
Mickx

Thanks Nick, I am looking forward to the change of pace and hopefully reliability

Is pre-owned, has always been garaged and <15K, plus the RRS did go back to a dealer. -----------------------------------------------------------------

Post #261939 Sun Apr 04 2010 8:52am
NickM

United Kingdom 

well get some pics up mate when you get your new car - and remember there will always be one or two things you'll miss about the RRS! Thumbs Up

Post #261942 Sun Apr 04 2010 9:06am
NickM

United Kingdom 

well get some pics up mate when you get your new car - and remember there will always be one or two things you'll miss about the RRS! Thumbs Up

Post #261943 Sun Apr 04 2010 9:07am
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

Good Luck with the CL - an acquaintence has one & has been over the moon since he bought it! Thumbs Up

I seem to be the only person who sold a 2010MY for reasons other than faults so far I think! I have to say though - there have been 1 or 2 rainy days I missed the R/R Sport; but my back has been pain-free since getting back into the XK-R.

I'm considering buying a Mitsubishi Shogun LWB Elegance toward the end of the year as a 'bad weather car'. May be worth you considering Mick - as your CL will handle/cope very much like my XKR does in bad weather!! Also - I can get an almost new one for £25K, has 7 seats & is capable in the snow.

Good luck with the new car anyway - if I see a shiny CL at the 'American Handwash' on Ringwood Road - i'll say hi!! '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.
Kyanite Blue/Ivory + Piano Black Trim.

Post #261945 Sun Apr 04 2010 9:46am
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Red1903 wrote:
Hi Mick,

Can fully understand where you are coming from, my confidence in the Land Rover marque is at rock bottom after purchasing 2 brand new RRS and having to put up with breakdowns, recoverys, faults etc.

My latest car, a MY10 RRS is a complete joke and the dealer is replacing the car asap. If the replacement car is not up to scratch i will also be walking away from Land Rover.

What are you thinking of getting into?

At least you're getting yours replaced! Dealer wasn't interested in even trying to "assist" me to replace mine! They wanted full price to replace it! Ended up taking a hit to have it bought back so I could go find something else.

Have phoned 2 central belt dealers about used V8s and neither have bothered to come back with pics or prices on either of them! Apart from LPR I'm starting to think "give a sh*t" attitude is the norm for the LR dealers in Scotland! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #261946 Sun Apr 04 2010 9:50am
Mickx

Thanks for the advise Sport' - some food for thought; also I have to say the XKR is class.

BTW: I have migrated down the Ringwood road to the new hand car wash oppiste the Pottery Pub - Polish run - as a good cheaper service Cool -----------------------------------------------------------------

Post #261947 Sun Apr 04 2010 10:01am
Mickx

Hang in the 4wheel' and hope you get sorted. -----------------------------------------------------------------

Post #261948 Sun Apr 04 2010 10:02am
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

4wheeldriver wrote:

Have phoned 2 central belt dealers about used V8s and neither have bothered to come back with pics or prices on either of them! Apart from LPR I'm starting to think "give a sh*t" attitude is the norm for the LR dealers in Scotland!

i know it is a bit away from you but have you tried parks landrover in ayr, not sure what their stock situation is but they sold a shedload of RRS this month, so bound to have a V8 in on PX or some time soon when the new orders start filtering through. sales guys there are very helpfull!! speak to iain or john.
cheers
dave

Post #261951 Sun Apr 04 2010 10:06am
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

Mickx wrote:
Thanks for the advise Sport' - some food for thought; also I have to say the XKR is class.

BTW: I have migrated down the Ringwood road to the new hand car wash oppiste the Pottery Pub - Polish run - as a good cheaper service Cool

Haven't heard of that one - but will give it a go!! Actually the very last time I took my Sport into the Ringwood Road Wash - I watched them ignore cleaning the interior glass on a Mini-Valet!!

Yeah I've been mega pleased with the XKR thanks - just waiting to get a few more miles on the clock before dropping the hammer on some dry 'B' Roads!! '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.
Kyanite Blue/Ivory + Piano Black Trim.

Post #261952 Sun Apr 04 2010 10:17am
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Sorry to hear about the shoddy service you have had Mick,I find it really hard to understand why LR can't get new car niggles sorted out,you'd think they'd have floating experts on hand from the factory who could go in to the dealerships if they can't get to the bottom of a problem that what we did when I worked for an American medical company,I travelled the world as a troubleshooter when the local distributor had asked for assistance.
I'm really starting to have 2nd thoughts now about replacing mine with another given the problems we are seeing here without satisfactory resolutions Twisted Evil MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #261956 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>