RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > bumper removal??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kedz

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Alaska White
bumper removal??

can anyone tell me how i'd go about getting my front an rear bumper's off oh and spoiler please?? 09 alaska white black 22 saker's black gril's an vent's all black lettering black lr badge's inside and out tint's side step's turbo chip power upgrade full kahn exhaust colour coded every thing 2010 rear led's lowed by 45 mm

Post #259545 Sun Mar 14 2010 8:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bigby

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

+1.
I am considering getting the lower bumper skirts and lower door trims colour coded at a local body shop. The body shop person seemed unsure as to how to dismantle the bumpers or remove the lower door trims and said he may just mask around them and then paint them.
I am not sure that I like the ide of these being only partially painted with the potential for gaps and degradation to the paint at the edges. I also want to avoid unnecesary damage to my new MY2010 car.

Does somebody have any instructions for how to dismantle or where I can find them?

Thanks,

B 2010MY HSE 3.0 TDV6. Stornoway Grey/Ivory. Extended leather, winter pack.

Post #259708 Mon Mar 15 2010 11:16pm
stiben

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

well i took my rear bumper off the otherday to replace a parking sensor so this is how i done it.

first took the sill plate off the top of the bumper
under there are 4 black plastic push in clips, pop the inner out and remove the clip
unscrew 3 screws inside the left and right rear arch
take both rear lights out (2 screws each) and pop them out of their retaining clips x2, disconnect by the plug and set aside.
underneath the bumper there are 4 screws, 2 each side which need to be removed (they are facing the floor)
last but not least, the top left and right side of the bumper near the arch has fixed clips. simply and carefully pull the bumper out from the clips and thats it.

carry it away. Thumbs Up

correct me if im wrong anyone.

Post #259714 Mon Mar 15 2010 11:54pm
kedz

i think your best bet is to get LR to do it for you mate it wont cost much more than the local body shop 09 alaska white black 22 saker's black gril's an vent's all black lettering black lr badge's inside and out tint's side step's turbo chip power upgrade full kahn exhaust colour coded every thing 2010 rear led's lowed by 45 mm

Post #259715 Mon Mar 15 2010 11:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bigby

Local body shop have quoted £300 . I doubt LRwill get their overalls on and off for that little..... 2010MY HSE 3.0 TDV6. Stornoway Grey/Ivory. Extended leather, winter pack.

Post #259717 Tue Mar 16 2010 12:03am
kedz

lol your not wrong i had my front and rear bumper and side skirt's done on my09 sport by LR it cost me £900 it's only an extra £600 and with all due respect mate if you have a 2010 sport your hardly poor an you do get what you pay for so go onnnn treat ya self Thumbs Up 09 alaska white black 22 saker's black gril's an vent's all black lettering black lr badge's inside and out tint's side step's turbo chip power upgrade full kahn exhaust colour coded every thing 2010 rear led's lowed by 45 mm

Post #259720 Tue Mar 16 2010 12:08am
kedz

stiben your the man baby Thumbs Up 09 alaska white black 22 saker's black gril's an vent's all black lettering black lr badge's inside and out tint's side step's turbo chip power upgrade full kahn exhaust colour coded every thing 2010 rear led's lowed by 45 mm

Post #259722 Tue Mar 16 2010 12:17am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

MY2009 Front Bumper

MY2009 Rear Bumper Cover Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #259723 Tue Mar 16 2010 12:18am
Bigby

Thankyou all. Great info and insights.

I'll sleep on it... 2010MY HSE 3.0 TDV6. Stornoway Grey/Ivory. Extended leather, winter pack.

Post #259724 Tue Mar 16 2010 12:25am
kedz

bobby dont tell me thats the instructions if it is i'm gonna die because i cant open it something about my adobe reader?????!!!!!! Big Cry 09 alaska white black 22 saker's black gril's an vent's all black lettering black lr badge's inside and out tint's side step's turbo chip power upgrade full kahn exhaust colour coded every thing 2010 rear led's lowed by 45 mm

Post #259725 Tue Mar 16 2010 12:25am
kedz

way heeeeeeeeeeeeeey i fixed it lol need to say TTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU to bobby the man of allll men nice 1 mate!!!!!!!!!!! Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up 09 alaska white black 22 saker's black gril's an vent's all black lettering black lr badge's inside and out tint's side step's turbo chip power upgrade full kahn exhaust colour coded every thing 2010 rear led's lowed by 45 mm

Post #259729 Tue Mar 16 2010 12:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1