Page 3 of 5 <12345>

MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

shmoogle wrote:
Here we go:

That really is a beaut Laughing Laughing

Post #251293 Fri Jan 22 2010 5:43pm
Lookers Park Royal

Ace Cafe meet............. fond memories! We really must do that again this summer!

Or a jaunt across Sailsbury Plain?

Sorry, very off topic. RRS looks good, but I would re-badge the front.

James Thumbs Up

Post #251296 Fri Jan 22 2010 5:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dazsear

England 

Talking of really stupid bonnet letters............ did you see the ones on ebay that were football team names.
Shame I can't find the listing at the moment but you could have the likes of Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd rather than Range Rover for some reason......go figure!

Daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #251298 Fri Jan 22 2010 5:47pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Laughing Laughing Laughing i have forgot this one Bow down 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #251299 Fri Jan 22 2010 5:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
deepmatis

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

shmoogle wrote:
Here we go:

WTF is that all about ! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

How can anybody think that looks good with that bonnet badge and chrome 'subtlties' Whistle

Kev

Post #251304 Fri Jan 22 2010 6:09pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Wasn't that also the registration as well......................................... and the interior was also in the same style on the head restraints. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #251308 Fri Jan 22 2010 6:33pm
ajbsignature

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

ROFL

That Stormer looks bloody awful. Talk about excessive.

Ive thought about putting badge's back on but they would have to be black/matt black in colour. Like the idea of this so may give it a try when the weather gets abit better as its something you can do on your driveway. Thanks for the recommendation.

However I won't change my mine with the wheels. As said before they used to be Silver but after some time got them sprayed.

I'm suprised really with all the stick im getting on the black wheels. Maybe because the average age of a Range owner is older than a Mercedes owner? Or maybe just UK forums compared to US forums? Reason I say that is because Ive had benz's in the past with black wheels and people have never really hated them that much.

Post #251330 Fri Jan 22 2010 9:39pm
Lookers Park Royal

I've just bought a Defender for myself and the wheels are turning black on Tuesday!

Must be a London ting!

James Thumbs Up

Post #251332 Fri Jan 22 2010 10:05pm
ajbsignature

I'm Midlands m8 I think its more of a young man's thing!

Post #251335 Fri Jan 22 2010 10:19pm
Lookers Park Royal

........ of course and that! Wink

Post #251337 Fri Jan 22 2010 10:20pm
dric0327

United Kingdom 

I understand why people want to make their car very distinctive and personal and obviously a lot of work has gone into it. it's certainly not my cup of tea though. As those before me the black for me is overpowering and i don't like black wheels.

However it's your motor and as long as you get in it every day and feel good thats what it's all about.

An interesting point though. I have just ordered a new MY10 TDV6 and all my mates and family / work colleagues have said drug dealer ! Pimp. obviously these beautiful cars do carry a stigma and an image. I believe that makeovers like this probably fuel this image - just a thought to get out there. (I am not suggesting you are any of the previously mentioned by the way ! ) 2016 MY16.5 HSE, 21" Rims, Waitamo Grey, Cirrus Leather, Extended Leather, Meridian sound

i ain't no dizzy rascal

Post #251340 Fri Jan 22 2010 10:26pm
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

npinks wrote:
Welcome Thumbs Up

looks nice enough Smile

though IMO it's got the wrong shape rear number plate on and you spoilt it by de-badging it fully

apart from that .... Nice Cool

Couldn't put it better myself. De-badging looks a bit max power but full credit, looks immaculate.

Enjoyed seeing the black alloys on black body Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #251350 Fri Jan 22 2010 11:36pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

I think if your going to keep to the all black look, i would also paint the grill completely black. Thumbs Up

Post #251459 Sat Jan 23 2010 9:19pm
Adam RRS

United Kingdom 

I'm going to try to be constructive...

Looking down the pics, i can see the look you are going for, but im not 100% that you have gone the right way about it... its plain to see that alot of the work has been done by yourself to save on cost. Nothing wrong in that providing you achieve the right finish.

I think whats letting the car down is the self tinted rear lights and exhaust tips. IMO its just not tasteful enough on this caliber of car. The badges are personal taste, some like them on others dont...

If the wheels had centre caps they'd look fine, nothing wrong with the front end that i can see and i kinda like the black side steps too!

Any of these lights would give the car a much nicer, classier look...

I hope this thread will broaden your ideas, not make you hide away! Nothing wrong in being different but its also nice to have something to be proud of.... WINNER - 2009 Best in Class Range Rover Sport Award

MY14 Corris Grey RRS HSE SDV6

Post #251506 Sun Jan 24 2010 10:54am
ajbsignature

Thanks for the comments Adam. Firstly lets talk about the lights you pointed out on ebay. The HST LED '10' lights are excellent, really like them. However, alot of the lights on there are just standard tail lights that people have self-tinted themselves and are reselling on

Regarding the work undertaken. Please dont doubt the quality of the finish. I understand it may not to be your taste but all work has been carried out in a professional, insurance-approved body shop that deals in no end of high-performance cars (ferraris, bentleys, porsches etc on a daily basis.

All parts have actully been taken off the car and sprayed. Then put back on. This is definitely not a bolt-on finish and everything matches up perfect.

I will say I cut costs getting the back lights tinted myself and the exhaust tips are an ebay special. However lets face it, its hardly like your spoilt for choice when it comes to Range Rover Sport replacement/OEM parts. Mercedes/BMW is a different thing. The self tinted lights are just as good as any ive seen for sale elsewhere.

We have got a black HST to do in about 2 weeks. 22" Revere silver wheels, full colour code of the car. And it definitely wont be getting de-badged!

Ill put some pics up of that as soon as we start work on it and im sure the black/silver/orginal look will be alot more inclined to peoples taste on here.

Post #251727 Mon Jan 25 2010 1:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>