RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > RRS TDV8 HSE - £43k.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Perrys

United Kingdom 

kam100 wrote:

Well i for one from experience can suggest, most if not the majority of people selling their RR Sport's will be trading for another brand. If you are telling me a Bmw/Merc dealer will beable to tell an import from a home car.. seeing as though the only marking is on the HPI and you have to know what you are looking for (banks don't ever know what it means for example).. then its doubtful you will ever get less for it against another brand.

When selling a car (or part exchanging) to a dealer, most dealers ask you to sign a form confirming the mileage and whether it was UK supplied because these factors clearly impact on valuation. Perrys For New & Used Range Rover Sports

We also sell Full Fat Range Rovers

Post #198491 Thu Dec 04 2008 7:08pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Ha.. Dealers on your planet must all be very efficient and dot all the i's and cross all the t's..
I know a lot of dealers who wouldn't even know the difference between a FFRR and a RRS.
(outside of LR network obviously!).

Present company aside.. not all dealers are as proactive and 'aware' of the market place as you guys.
I for one have NEVER signed any paperwork confirming mileage/pex details.. i am generally known to all the dealers i work with so guess they take my word for it and don't ask me to fill in all the paperwork some customers may be asked to.

Post #198492 Thu Dec 04 2008 7:15pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

great deals Kam Thumbs Up

Post #198514 Thu Dec 04 2008 10:04pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Great thread ... roll on..... Laughing

Post #198517 Thu Dec 04 2008 11:07pm
shimmy

England 

i considered a Uk spec import but once you really do the homework it didnt seem enough of a saving to be worthwhile

bearing in mind chances are you WILL sell it for less than a UK supplied car i went for as much certainty as possible for resale in which could still be a difficult market in a few years with all these cheap cars being sold new now and next year.

Good luck to Kam and Perryssss and CHPR

. Thumbs Up M3 CSL Silver Grey
RRS TDV8 HSE SG/IV

Post #198522 Fri Dec 05 2008 12:48am
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

It's all bullsh*t.

The car market is f***ed.

I paid 55k for mine Big Cry Luckily I love it and entend to keep for a good 10 years.

By the cheapest you can in 3 years time none of them will be worth a f**k.

KAM keep them coming. Only wish I was in the market NOW not 18 months ago Censored

VA. You must be as pi**ed as me at the state of the market. But at least we have the satisfaction of owning a quality product. Thumbs Up  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #198523 Fri Dec 05 2008 1:11am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys.. Baron spot on! car market has never been worse in my working experience anyway!
Was speaking to a customer this afternoon and having this debate and he didn't seem to care about RRS' being imports or not as they are still all built down the road from us! Jay's car is an import, and that was spot on, the same as any other RRS i have been in/driven.. No warranty issues either..

Savings are to be had and its a buyers market for sure! Lowest rates for decades.. fix those deals now
Very Happy Wink

Post #198530 Fri Dec 05 2008 3:22am
Lookers Park Royal

MAW wrote:
Great thread ... roll on..... Laughing

It's so interesting that I'm struggling to remember what the original post was about....... Laughing

Yes, the market is very difficult, however most retail sectors are having a hard time. You don't have to look too far on this forum to see that some dealers who are looking after customers and giving them a fair (and good) deal, are maintaining some good sales (London used 4x4 up) . Whistle

Post #198540 Fri Dec 05 2008 7:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

Yes, wish more dealers were like you James.
How did you get on with that TDV8 and did you ever get a price on that Porsche?

Post #198574 Fri Dec 05 2008 11:38am
Lookers Park Royal

kam100 wrote:
Yes, wish more dealers were like you James.
How did you get on with that TDV8 and did you ever get a price on that Porsche?

Sent you an email asking for the reg or last section of the chassis to spec-check it...... I'll get from my sent items and ping over again to you. As for the TDV8, yes we still have it!

James Thumbs Up

Post #198575 Fri Dec 05 2008 11:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

Cool, thanks James.. got the re-sent item.. hmm? don't know whether i missed that or if it never arrived before.. anyway, have relayed the message on will pick this back up with you once i have the further info.

Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #198576 Fri Dec 05 2008 11:57am
Slider

United Kingdom 
UK Vs Import

Interesting to see how this thread is developing...comments about the real savings being 'only £4K' well to me and I suspect to lots of others £4K is a significant amount...and I would bet it more than offsets any dealer down booking on px...expect they will say different, but then they would wouldn't they. I Still maintain that, especially in the armegedon scenario we face today, a dealer LR or otherwise won't risk anyone walking because they are trading a non UK origin motor. Surely the approach should be, rather than suck through the teeth and give all the reasons why its down booked, to try to capture the customer and sell them a UK motor, 'cos if you p Censored them off with sob stories about never being able to sell it on 'cos its an import, they will just go and buy another import....but maybe that's too logical??

Post #198582 Fri Dec 05 2008 12:30pm
dazsear

England 

Baron wrote:
It's all bullsh*t.

The car market is Censored *d.

I paid 55k for mine Big Cry Luckily I love it and entend to keep for a good 10 years.

By the cheapest you can in 3 years time none of them will be worth a f**k.

KAM keep them coming. Only wish I was in the market NOW not 18 months ago Censored

VA. You must be as Censored as me at the state of the market. But at least we have the satisfaction of owning a quality product. Thumbs Up

You think thats bad mate.....I have just been offered a new TDV8 import black with black for £38,999, I kid you not. You can even have a sunroof option for £750.

It certainly is a buyers market at the moment, I am certainly glad to be buying and not selling thats for sure.

Daz

Post #198738 Sat Dec 06 2008 5:38pm
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I had an MY2000 E320 cdi Avantgarde estate with just about every option ticked which listed at £46k got it 6 months old as an export /re-import via an MB/RAF deal which saw the car leave the London AD go to Germany and return after 6 months VAT free,I ended up paying £36k.
Seemed a good deal when I bought it but despite being UK supplied by the export department when it came back and I got the registration document it had "Import" on it.
When I came to sell albeit 5 years later it I couldn't get an offer on it higher than £5 1/2K mainly because of the Import status.
Ended up having to buy an E280 cdi estate from a MB dealer and hated it,lost another £8k in 12 months to get into my current RRS which is on fully serviced contract hire,can't see me "buying" new ever again,let someone else have the residual hassle.

MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #198744 Sat Dec 06 2008 6:14pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

Did you buy the car from MB Piccadilly London? Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #198747 Sat Dec 06 2008 6:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>