Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > White SC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Misery

United Kingdom 
White SC

Hi everyone

Just thought I would let you all know that I have finally done it. Placed my order for the new RRS SC in

WHITE!!!!!!!!!!

I had placed an order for the new ML63 to replace my 2003 RR 4.4 Vouge, but a friend of mine has replaced his with a black SC and every time he comes round is grinning like a school boy.

Fianlly took the step. My dealer wasn't that happy about taking the order for the white one and wanted a huge deposite, but it's been done and i just have to wait unfortunately.

Post #8605 Thu Dec 22 2005 2:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 
Congrats..

Hi.
welcome to the site, and congrats on your order, you've made the right choice! i agree, white is certainly an unusual colour for the UK, but bet it will look stunning and will certainly be different, may be a bitch to clean it, but so is black so guess we're in the same boat there.

How much was the ML63 going for by the way just out of curiosity and when was the due delivery date on it?

Post #8606 Thu Dec 22 2005 2:52pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Thank you.

No price on the ML as yet according to the dealer, but they think it's going to be 15K more than the ML 500 so about 60K to 70K, I've had the deposite down since Aug 05, they say the first ML63 will be here in Sept 06.

We went to the Frankfurt Motor Show to see it, it's a lovely looking car but not a Range Rover. I've been thinking non stop on what to do and the RR has finally won.

Considering nearly every SC I've seen has been black (in which they do look good) as does my RR now being black, i decided to go completely different and get white. I've had a white one before and that sold with no problems just hope this is the same.

Post #8610 Thu Dec 22 2005 3:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Good choice - I think the RRS looks fantastic in white, Are you getting tinted windows too as I think these would look mean? PS where is Doset? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8611 Thu Dec 22 2005 3:13pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Well done, Misery! From the pics of white RRSs we've seen it actually is one of the few cars that can carry white quite well! What options did you go with? When is it due?

PS: VA, I think Misery must mean Dorset! Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #8617 Thu Dec 22 2005 3:30pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:

PS: VA, I think Misery must mean Dorset! Wink

That's my guess but no harm in mocking a forum virgin! Talking of virgins...... 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8619 Thu Dec 22 2005 3:32pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

misery wrote:
Thank you.

No price on the ML as yet according to the dealer, but they think it's going to be 15K more than the ML 500 so about 60K to 70K, I've had the deposite down since Aug 05, they say the first ML63 will be here in Sept 06.

We went to the Frankfurt Motor Show to see it, it's a lovely looking car but not a Range Rover. I've been thinking non stop on what to do and the RR has finally won.

Considering nearly every SC I've seen has been black (in which they do look good) as does my RR now being black, i decided to go completely different and get white. I've had a white one before and that sold with no problems just hope this is the same.

Yeah i agree about the colour choice, and don't think you will have any issues selling it being white, i didn't have a chance to spec mine, so had to take what they had at the time.. whats ur waiting time looking like?

That ML price seems actually quite conservatively priced compared to what they were knocking the SL and S65 out for i.e. well over £100k. Have you still got the order down? still going to take delivery? may be worth a punt just to say you have owned one, and get rid of it a day later at list or maybe more?
I think once you have owned a range rover you will never let any other jeep take its place. if i come to sell mine on in the near future, i will get a completely different style of car, currently thinking about a Bmw 630/650 convertible for the summer, but when i do come back to a 4x4, will definitely have to be the latest RR/RRS SC model at that time.

Post #8620 Thu Dec 22 2005 3:32pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the forum Misery Very Happy Hope you find our experiences so far helpful/useful and that you will endeavour to post a few pics of your car when it comes. Nice choice - white - look forward to your pics

MDP 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #8627 Thu Dec 22 2005 3:43pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Misery...

if I was being a joker I'd say my name should have been misery since I owned my car purely cos of the damage that has hapenned to it!

Ignore me, I'm annoyed that I get one thing fixed to find a bonnet with scratches... Evil or Very Mad

Welcome Misery, and as they say, Misery loves company! Wink L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8653 Thu Dec 22 2005 4:41pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Ignore me, I'm annoyed

Sorry RRUK - I'm Very annoyed, you cann't be simply annoyed it'll be very confusing. Smile 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8654 Thu Dec 22 2005 4:44pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Very annoyed wrote:
Quote:
Ignore me, I'm annoyed

Sorry RRUK - I'm Very annoyed, you cann't be simply annoyed it'll be very confusing. Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Post #8658 Thu Dec 22 2005 4:57pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Am going to have the windows tinted after market as I think the balck of the factory will be to much, light smoke will compliment the all black interior.

Having sunroof and the other typical accessories like mats, load liner etc might get the light gaurds but not sure yet. Can't give me a delivery date but will be 12 to 14 weeks as i need to get a build slot, if he can it will be earlier.

Sorry yes should have been Dorset!!! and yes the pictures will come ASAP.

The ML will be fast but decided if i can't have a G55 then nothing will do, no i have asked for the deposite back can't afford to do both, as it is i'm trying to keep the 2003 RR.

Post #8661 Thu Dec 22 2005 5:09pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Have you seen this one ?

Post #8665 Thu Dec 22 2005 5:22pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Looks Good Thank You

Post #8666 Thu Dec 22 2005 5:28pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

thats fab..
although the wood interior with the whitish leather would have looked better in that piano black finish.. but thats my opinion, each to their own.

Post #8667 Thu Dec 22 2005 5:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>