Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > White SC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

pokerplayer

Re: White SC

misery wrote:
Hi everyone

Just thought I would let you all know that I have finally done it. Placed my order for the new RRS SC in

WHITE!!!!!!!!!!

I had placed an order for the new ML63 to replace my 2003 RR 4.4 Vouge, but a friend of mine has replaced his with a black SC and every time he comes round is grinning like a school boy.

Fianlly took the step. My dealer wasn't that happy about taking the order for the white one and wanted a huge deposite, but it's been done and i just have to wait unfortunately.

Congrats!!! You can't go wrong with white. As much as I love dark colors too I had to pick white because my other car is a jet black ML W163.

Here is a picture of my RRS couple of weeks after I got her and took her for a little bit off roading.

Enjoy your new ride!!!! Very Happy

Pokerplayer
Mike

Post #8668 Thu Dec 22 2005 5:42pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

I was going to have the cherry wood with mine but think the Rhodium finish would look better with the all black.

It sounds as if everyone is enjoying there Sports. I have been checking though becuse all of the 5 RR that i have owned has had to go back for warranty work.

That was the only reason for getting out of the RR and into the Merc, my father has always driven Merc's and i can never recall any of his going back or breaking down.

unfortunately the LR bug has got me hard and fast, i have 2 other old LR which i love but must admit being 40 odd years old, are easy for me to work on and if they don't start, hit them hard enough with a hammer and they normally do!!

Post #8669 Thu Dec 22 2005 5:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Misery

United Kingdom 

Thanks Poker Player, unfortunately am a bit of a computer thick O couldn't seem to open your picture, would love to see it. any clues??

Post #8671 Thu Dec 22 2005 5:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White
Re: White SC

misery wrote:
Hi everyone

Just thought I would let you all know that I have finally done it. Placed my order for the new RRS SC in

WHITE!!!!!!!!!!

In my unbiased and authoritative opinion, that is unquestionably the best color for the Sport. Wink Seriously though, you will find out that white is much easier to keep clean than most people think, I use a car duster day in, day out and the paint goes on for weeks looking sharp. No swirl marks, no haze, no problem. I find it a lot more problematic to keep the wheels clean from brakes dust than the car itself! You can check out my gallery, I have a white 4.4l HSE (black interior) here in Southern California and I don't see that many around, either. Congratulations, post pictures when you can. 

Post #8672 Thu Dec 22 2005 6:03pm
kman

thats all well and good but i think the climate difference between pasadena and dorset would be significant enough to change the way you keep your car clean given uk roads are much dirtier and usually wet from rain! Confused

Post #8673 Thu Dec 22 2005 6:05pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I once had a white 405MI16 and must say it always looked spotless and was a pleasure to clean and keep clean, White is the new Black Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #8674 Thu Dec 22 2005 6:07pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

kam100 wrote:
thats fab..
although the wood interior with the whitish leather would have looked better in that piano black finish.. but thats my opinion, each to their own.

Kam - I have to disagree with you, there's only one colour for the interior in my books - ORANGE!!!!!! Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8675 Thu Dec 22 2005 6:08pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

misery wrote:
Thanks Poker Player, unfortunately am a bit of a computer thick O couldn't seem to open your picture, would love to see it. any clues??

follow these links in Site Announcements http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #8676 Thu Dec 22 2005 6:08pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Your roads may be dirtier - maybe - but nobody beats us (well, Houston beats us every few years) when it comes to smog and other crap floating around in the air. You would be amazed at how quickly the sheen of a just washed car disappears just by driving around L.A. for a few hours... Can't argue with the rain, though! The mudflaps really help in that respect. 

Post #8677 Thu Dec 22 2005 6:11pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

White might be a pain, but come on how difficult is it to keep a black car looking good, I think white will be easier to keep clean. I also agree white is the new black!!

Post #8679 Thu Dec 22 2005 6:17pm
pokerplayer

misery wrote:

Hmmm...cant seem to post pics or having problem with webshots.

Anyway sorry bout that.

Here is the link instead. So far I only have 1 pic of my RRS in there with my previous car Smile

http://community.webshots.com/user/bmw4bp

Post #8680 Thu Dec 22 2005 6:36pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Usually silver is the easiest colour to keep looking clean however, there's something about this shape of the Sport that just attracts dirt!

Mine gets SO filthy so easily, everything below the door handles is a state!

Look at it today....

OK, so the front alloys are clean but that's because I had the dings repaired today, but it was clean at the weekend, and I mean SPOTLESS Shocked

L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8684 Thu Dec 22 2005 7:36pm
tlw

United States 

Great choice on color! My experience is that white is actually much easier to keep clean than than black. I got the alpaca interior thinking black would be just too hot in south Louisiana. I must admit that it is not easy to keep clean. Also, tinted windows (privacy glass) looks great! Enjoy. '06 RRS HSE Chawton White/Alpaca Lux/PTI/Sirius
'04 Ford F250 Super Duty
'01 Jeep Wrangler
'05 John Deere 5320

Post #8718 Fri Dec 23 2005 4:15am
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

It doesnt seem to matter what color you get, this car just gets dirty fast. I have always had black cars but I have never had to wash the cars this much. I am washing the sport at least twice a week, something about this car just makes it want to get dirty.

Post #8720 Fri Dec 23 2005 5:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12