RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > SUSPENSION PROBLEM - SOUNDS LIKE A U/S SHOCK ABSORBER...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 15 <123 ... 567 ... 131415>

The doc

United Kingdom 

rrsjo wrote:
Steady on Noddy. We don't want to frighten VOR off. Without VOR we are all back to ground zero.

Like VOR has previously stated "Don't bite off the hand that is trying to feed you!"

Jo

heres me thinking we are the hand that feeds them... Question

Post #70730 Thu Dec 14 2006 4:04pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Meetings, Clarkson, Top gear, Motoring journalists FFS why can't they just helps us now while things are flowing Crying or Very sad

Post #70732 Thu Dec 14 2006 4:09pm
noddy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

well, if you finding out whats really going on from the posts on this forum stops you from placing your order Jo, someone ends up £50,000 down!!

Let's hope that doesn't happen and we start to get treated how we should be, and get this problem resolved..

Nod RRS Supercharged
Java/ Ivory

'94 F355, '90 M3 Evo, '95 Integrale Evo, '97 Cooper S Works, '84 911 Cab, '89 911 Speedster, '85 6R4, '59 Routemaster and something sensible for the Mrs

Post #70733 Thu Dec 14 2006 4:16pm
MAC

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I wrote to What Car magazine outlining the issues but have not received any response. As stated perhaps if we make a consolidated effort to target the media we may get some action.

Next week will be interesting however when I try another vehicle for a couple of days to see just how common this noise is. Whilst there are a number of us on this forum with this problem we must only represent a very small percentage of RRS owners who have DR fitted.

Is it a case of -

1 - This problem only occurs in a small percentage of vehicles in which case it should be regarded as a fault.

2 - We are just more perceptive than the majority of owners and it is common to all vehicles.

3 - Other owners are not aware of this forum or other means of making the issue public.

Any thoughts?

Post #70735 Thu Dec 14 2006 4:35pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

mine doesn't make this noise

Post #70738 Thu Dec 14 2006 4:39pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Doc

Yes we feed LR cash in exchange for both goods and service, but VOR is, presumably on his on accord, trying to give us a hand and advice on how to get Land Rover to first acknowledge this problem, before then going on to find a remedy for it.

He is only trying to help and has already intimated that he will withdraw if communication is not kept civil.

What has happened in the past has to be treated as history - by both parties, and there now has to be a will - again by both parties, to change things for the better.

I'm sure VOR is influential enough at LR to draw their attention to this problem once he himself can see that this 'knock' is of such a degree that in, at least some cars, it is totally unacceptable to the customer. After all, the RRS is not a Willys Jeep, it is an expensive luxury vehicle!

I understand some dealers also read this forum, so perhaps they in turn might now start some feedback to LR of the seriousness of the problem, instead of just referring the custome to the Technical Bulletin, which was presumably issued by LR personnel who had not experienced upper end of the scale of 'knocking'. A customer complaint is bad publicity if it is not dealt with correctly. Repeated, ignored complaints gather momentum until a reputation is lost, never to be recovered.

Finally, I'm sure this thread will not go away until the correct response is obtained. So Mr LR, please take note that you have a serious product quality problem gathering speed.

Post #70739 Thu Dec 14 2006 4:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

I totally agree rrsjo,

I have just gone through the same thing/scenario but with regard to the clicking noise from the solenoid connected/operates the release from footbrake/park when selecting - gear.

" its characteristic of all RRS's " I was told after my dealer even changed the solenoid to no avail. We even checked new sports in the compound = they all do it - but some worse than others Confused

So be it........................ Sad

But as you say............ a luxury vehicle like this shouldn't have these quirks Confused

Hey Ho Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #70741 Thu Dec 14 2006 4:47pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

"What has happened in the past has to be treated as history - by both parties, and there now has to be a will - again by both parties, to change things for the better."

I could not agree more!

Post #70775 Thu Dec 14 2006 5:32pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

An EPQR (Electronic Product Quality Report) has been sent to LR by the first dealers that looked at my motor Very Happy

Post #70785 Thu Dec 14 2006 5:46pm
rrsjo

The doc wrote:
An EPQR (Electronic Product Quality Report) has been sent to LR by the first dealers that looked at my motor Very Happy

Number one hits the desk Exclamation

Post #70786 Thu Dec 14 2006 5:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
the voice of reason

United Kingdom 

Quote:
We are the system mate.

Not quite, you as an individual are only part of the system, your input is that of a worn cog in that on it's own it has little effect, however should all the cogs be worn the the machine will collapse

Quote:
VOR - have you ever tried dealing with Land Rover Customer Services? they were the biggest shower of sh*t I have ever come across. Without trying to jump over/ around/ underneath it, NOTHING would have been done.. even when they SEEMED to be helping, NOTHING WAS DONE!

TBH and blunt and harsh, clearly with this attitude I'm not surprised, I wouldn't help you either

Quote:
obviously VOR is not a disgruntaled owner suffering from the suspension noise issue. The comments relating to "circumnavigating the system through self importance" I must take exception to.

Believe it or not I do understand your frustration, but taking exception simply implies that somewhere deep inside you feel you may be guilty of this, my comment was not aimed at you, simply a generalisation of how consumers tend to react

Quote:
To date the "system" is not resolving the problem.

there goes that self importance again, how long exactly? read my posts..months is not out of the question, give it a chance, it won't happen just because you have the problem but because a substantial proportion of people continue to see it as a problem

remember, actually there is no fault, the most LR are guilty of is misjudging peoples expectations, this alone is not sufficient to reject or other remedy

Quote:
If VOR doesn't have this kind of exposure to LR CS, then perhaps saying there is a "perfectly good system" to deal with issues is somewhat wide of the mark??

I am fully conversant with Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre, Wide off the mark? you are yet to demonstrate you have attempted to work the system all you have demonstrated so far is that you think if you shout load enough.....

Quote:
There are now enough of us (lots of little guys together = one big noise)

FFS EP FOOKIN QR, achieves this, get it yet or the penny stil dropping, onestly I'm trying to help here.....?

Quote:
As VOR states this must be done politely but firmly

Jo at least someone gets it, first rule of war understand your enemy, learn his methods and use them against him, it's been a pleasure helping someone get to grips with this

Quote:
heres me thinking we are the hand that feeds them..

Doc, very true. and I think you have been hard done by, in my opinion they are being lazy and should look beyond this with your car, you definately have a different fault

Quote:
Is it a case of -

1 - This problem only occurs in a small percentage of vehicles in which case it should be regarded as a fault.

2 - We are just more perceptive than the majority of owners and it is common to all vehicles.

3 - Other owners are not aware of this forum or other means of making the issue public.

young Padawan, these are the right questions, but please answer them before going over the brink

Quote:
I'm sure VOR is influential enough at LR to draw their attention to this problem

not at the level you envisage, but working on it

Quote:
I understand some dealers also read this forum, so perhaps they in turn might now start some feedback to LR of the seriousness of the problem, instead of just referring the custome to the Technical Bulletin,

Already starting to happen FYI

Quote:
An EPQR (Electronic Product Quality Report) has been sent to LR by the first dealers that looked at my motor

Well done, LR use this as primary information in building a true picture of customer perception and it does lead to altering the path of their technical dept

My Work here is done, some of you get it, some of you don't, some of you seem like decent people but unfortunately I cant hack the constant pecking at someone just trying to help ( Noddy) to name but one.

So don't expect any further posts from me, i will continue to see how things progress at LR and if it is really a problem for a substantial number of people then it will get looked at, however if it is limited to the 5-6 here being a representative measure then don't expect anything in a hurry.......

Good night vienna

VOR

Post #70817 Thu Dec 14 2006 8:37pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Quote:
mod removed quote

Post #70831 Thu Dec 14 2006 9:29pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

"unfortunately I cant hack the constant pecking at someone just trying to help ( Noddy) to name but one."

A little thin skinned for someone at the "top of his tree"?

VOR thank you very much for all your input and for all your help. In my opinion you have got most of the crap out of the way so why leave now? Would be a shame...

...Moving on

Lets organise this meeting in the Midlands as per PM messages etc and get our collective heads / cars together to see if we can work through who has what fault on what car and compare the problem.

Post #70833 Thu Dec 14 2006 9:36pm
rrsjo

MAC wrote:
Next weekwill be interesting however when I try another vehicle for a couple of days to see just how common this noise is. Whilst there are a number of us on this forum with this problem we must only represent a very small percentage of RRS owners who have DR fitted.

Is it a case of -

Any thoughts?

PROPOSED ACTION TO ESTABLISH THE ABOVE:-

Action 1:- Make this topic or a similar specific one live on this forum to gather who is not satisfied with the noise the DR makes on their vehicle.

Acion 2:- Speak to the service manager and the shop foreman at your dealer and try and establish what other customers with DR fitted are saying.

Action 3:- If there is negative comments from customers request the dealers sent in an Electronic Quality Report to LR everytime, despite the technical bulletin issued to cover this noise.

Post #70837 Thu Dec 14 2006 10:04pm
rrsjo

VOR

I am sorry you feel it necessary to withdraw. Thank you for your time and efforts to assist in this particular matter. I hope you will feel able to enter any future discussion if you feel you can be of further assistance.

I for one feel confident that things will eventually resolve themselves. Either by a general modification and recall, or if the problem appears to be proved to be isolated, that LR and its dealers recognise a low volume quality fault has occured and respond quickly with help and corrective measures.

Your words have convinced me, for better or for worse, to proceed in placing my order.

Thanks again.

Post #70840 Thu Dec 14 2006 10:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 15 <123 ... 567 ... 131415>