RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Who's getting their TDV8 Sport first?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Kaine

United Kingdom 

welcome to the forum Paul

Post #69363 Thu Dec 07 2006 1:20am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

i am to lazy to read all - well WHO will get his RRS TDV8 first ? Very Happy 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #69372 Thu Dec 07 2006 8:23am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Someone who takes delivery in June Laughing 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #69424 Thu Dec 07 2006 10:45am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
If you want a TDv8 today then you will have a long wait!

I have been in Glasgow today and visited the LR dealer that I ahve to drive passed on the way - these guys are not the dealers I buy my cars from. I had a good look round at various F2's and their black HST. A salesman came up to me and was very helpful and when I mentioned that I would be interested in a TDv8 HSE with some extras he told me that even if I ordered today and paid him a deposit then I would not see one until next July at the earliest as LR have been totally swamped by orders for TDv8 FFRR's and Jaguar XJ's with the same engine.............. this dealer is one of the new PAG centres too selling Jaguar, Volvo and Land Rover from the same site. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #69508 Thu Dec 07 2006 5:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I appear to be still on for delivery in March..........although I am assuming that's 2007!

Post #69525 Thu Dec 07 2006 6:52pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

I thought the TDV8 was too big to fit into the Jaguar XJ? Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #69533 Thu Dec 07 2006 7:38pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I know I should never assume that what a salesman is telling me is gospel truth, but that was what I thought too................... but just across the floor from the LR's were lines of Jaguars so I assumed he knew what he was talking about. Also had a look at the new VolvoC30 close up. It's a 21st centuary 480ES and quite nice but the motoring journalists aren't too taken with it! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #69546 Thu Dec 07 2006 8:46pm
Conceptenigma

England 
TDV8

hey there i do some business with my local dealer and i placed my order in march this year before there was talk of puttin the engine in the sport, last week a guy i deal with in service told me there was a 48 delay on my car when the week before they told me it was on its way, so i proceeded to go about purchasing a freinds techkart Cayenne Turbo, then a day before im due to do the deal my dealer calls me to say the car is on site, 3 days later Land Rover ask them for the car back, my delaer kick up a fuss as i was of the first in the country to place a deposit, landrover agree with a fight to give me the car back, next day my dealer who was expectin 4 more car in december is told via email wich i read with my own eyes, the other 4 car have expected delivery dates for end of febuary after that there ill be no futher allocatin untill June 07, do not take any more orders untill futher notice, and apparently there are only 18 UK cars on the road untill the next batch, and the reason is the engines, so expext premiums untill then i will post more on the performance 2 moro as i dint have time to pick it up today, Still working

Post #69601 Fri Dec 08 2006 1:27am
Roland

Switzerland 

No surprise really, that had to be expected.

So it will be the second half of 2007 at the earliest............. that's a long wait indeed and in that case it might be the smarter move to wait for a 2008 car then (might come with a first facelift and some other improvements?) SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #69609 Fri Dec 08 2006 7:01am
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Re: TDV8

Conceptenigma wrote:
3 days later Land Rover ask them for the car back

Why would they do that ? Did they think your car wasn't roadworthy ?

Conceptenigma wrote:
after that there will be no futher allocation untill June 07, do not take any more orders untill futher notice, and apparently there are only 18 UK cars on the road untill the next batch, and the reason is the engines,

Is this a problem of short supply, or an issue with the design ?

I think Landrover's chronic inability to actually inform their dealers and their Oh so patient / tolerant / loyal customers about what is going on here is really poor. BMW and Merc will be loving this ..... Crying or Very sad RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #69614 Fri Dec 08 2006 8:50am
Conceptenigma

England 

apparently they wanted it back for some fleet deal that they had done, that all i got told, Still working

Post #69641 Fri Dec 08 2006 10:55am
MDP

United Kingdom 

All TDV8 engines are needed for the Bigger full fat Range Rover. Untill they can increase supply of the engine - the Big RR takes them all Mad 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #69779 Fri Dec 08 2006 5:53pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

It looks like they must be making the engines at a rate of 1 a day.

Yet again LR treat their customers badly Rolling Eyes

Post #69782 Fri Dec 08 2006 6:01pm
iwantone

they no doubt make more profit per unit of FFRR .. and Ford needs profit!

MDP wrote:
All TDV8 engines are needed for the Bigger full fat Range Rover. Untill they can increase supply of the engine - the Big RR takes them all Mad

Post #69787 Fri Dec 08 2006 6:06pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

MDP wrote:
[/quote]

I have been told, and by a very reliable source, that LR are shipping as many TDV8 Range Rovers as they can build to all parts of the world - and with Russia receiving the most.

I am also aware of a LR dealership having two customer early RRS TDV8's taken off them. Guess who for ................................... a couple of LR's directors!

Now I've told you that I will have to kill you. Thud

Jo

Post #69805 Fri Dec 08 2006 7:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>