RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Invisible Silver RRS.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Brian Considine

United Kingdom 
Invisible Silver RRS.

At least twice a week somebody will pull out in front of me making me think my RRS is invisible !

Good daylight conditions too.

The RRS does not have DRLs. I would prefer not to have after market as they look so "after market". So, what alternatives are there ?
Use front foglights as DRL's ? - if possible has anybody done that without too mcuh work or
Arrange to have the dipped headlamps come on with the ignition (the RRS has auto lighting function).

Any help would be appreciated. 2006 RRS 2.7 HSE.

Post #633202 Fri May 19 2023 1:56pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

You can set it up to have Canadian or Scandinavian lighting. One lights the dipped beams with ignition on, the other lights dipped beams and tail lights. Can't remember which. I think you can set it up in one of the menus on the car, or it might need a plug in diagnostic such as the IID Tool or the garage's system to change the CCF.

The only thing to remember if you go down that route is that the main beams won't switch on unless you move the master light switch to dipped beam setting. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #633205 Fri May 19 2023 2:19pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

I thought Canadian turned the lights on, when in gear. (not Park) and park brake off too I guess

You can get aftermarket lights to replace the fog lights. A Fog/DRL combo. Powerful sell them with the brackets

https://www.powerfuluk.com/full-2in1-led-f...05-09.html

Post #633206 Fri May 19 2023 3:28pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

I mostly just turn the lights on after starting and switch off before turning the engine off. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #633207 Fri May 19 2023 4:17pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I generally run with the headlights switched on too. The DRLs on the 2012 aren't that useful really; the headlights are noticeable. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #633209 Fri May 19 2023 4:24pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I you do a search there are numerous posts on the subject, I posted this 7/8 years ago. Don't know if the same applies to a pre facelift L320 would imagine it does.

This is a extract from a reply I added to a Post about 7/8 years ago. "Just as Reference have gone into the CCF files and there are three options listed for DRL's on my car a MY13 A/B 5.0L S/C.

1. DRL Standard
2. Scandinavian
3. Canadian

I activated Standard and all that did was give me two Fault Codes B124A-15 and B124B-15 which are Left and Right Daytime Running Light open Circuit but no working DRL's so it may be when you have either DRL lamp kit VPLSV0064 or 65 fitted you may have to activate this but that is purely a guess.

De-activated that and then activated Canadian and what that did was nothing with ignition on and Engine Running, however when you engage Drive and let the Park Brake Off it Switched Front and Rear Side Lights and Dipped Headlights On, as soon as you apply P/B and take it out of Drive It switches them Back Off.

Again De-activated that and Activated Scandinavian and what that did was as soon as you Start Engine it Switched on Front and Rear Sidelights and Dipped Headlights.

There is no facility that I could find to just activate the Front Fairy Lights on there own as DRL's.

Post #633214 Fri May 19 2023 9:58pm
Dave B

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

I replaced the fog lights with DRLs from Powerful, bought a simple controller on fleabay that dims them once the sidelights are switched on.

Looks as if it could have been standard fitment, and what use are fog lights these days, so no down side.

Dave 2010 3.6 TDV8 HSE (Gone)
2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago)

Post #633215 Fri May 19 2023 10:08pm
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

I bought the genuine Landrover DRL's many years ago but never fitted them as the isntructions stated off with the facelifted version and then changed to the non facelifted version for the inside fitting - all to hard. So I then bought the Osram fog/drl lamps which go in place of the original fog lamps - very easy fit and doesnt look aftermarket.

Post #633217 Sat May 20 2023 1:19am
BJH1959

Portugal 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Stevepd wrote:
I mostly just turn the lights on after starting and switch off before turning the engine off.

Thumbs Up Barrie.
2005 RRS 2.7TDV6 from 2017 -2024. Best car I ever had.
Current: 2018 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2

Post #633218 Sat May 20 2023 7:07am
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

I have the Scandinavia DRL function setup on my 2011. They come on on startup and stay on. The headlights, fairy lights, taillights and license plate lights all come on. It’s effectively turning on the headlights, but auto high beams, cornering lights and AFS don’t function. I leave the switch in auto and never think about my headlights.

Canadian mode is the same lighting as above, but come on when you shift out of park and release the parking brake. This is due to the much lower temps there so they can idle the engine without the DRLs being on.

Here in Poland DRLs are required all the time so the Scandinavia setup works best for me.

Using JLR-SDD it’s an easy job to turn them on. There’s a user settings configuration part that has things like DRL’s, towing electronics, three blink turn signals, etc. Just set what you want and follow the prompts. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #633219 Sat May 20 2023 7:49am
Devon Z

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

The active turning lights (or whatever they are called?) didn’t work when I got mine so I rewired them through a DRL relay which dims them with headlights on and replaced the bulbs with LED. Steve

2005 2.7 TDV6 HSE, ongoing project.
1998 Volvo V70 R auto FWD, mothballed future project.
1999 BMW Z3 (owned from new) garage queen.

Post #633220 Sat May 20 2023 9:38am
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the help & suggestions guys, a number of choices to consider.

Not too keen on the ones from PUK as a few people seem to have had issues with their after sales service. 2006 RRS 2.7 HSE.

Post #633344 Wed May 24 2023 9:57am
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Just get the factory DRL programming done, it takes about 10-15 minutes on diagnostics. If it’s available you can even get the timed FBH to come on. Works best if you have a pretty regular schedule. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #633346 Wed May 24 2023 2:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1