RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L461) > New RRS restrictions on sale for new owners.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I do not see what your problem is, sounds like a good idea to me to keep profiteers out of the market.

If you want a new Sport then just get it and enjoy! 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #628289 Thu Nov 17 2022 11:44am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

garrycol wrote:
I am surprised your consumer laws allow such a thing. You are buying the vehicle so ownership transfers to the buyer - it is not like computer software and some music where ownership is retained by the seller you you are effectively just buying a licence to use the item.

The restrictions LR have introduced in the UK have not happened in Australia and if they did they would be struck down.

A given dealership could decide not to sell to you but that's up to them. They aren't required to sell something just because someone wants to buy it. I doubt JLR are involved in this because they don't have a contractual relationship with the buyer, only with the dealership.

Sounds like a dealership franchise is trying to control the second hand supply for its own ends. Blacklisting purchasers for that reason is a great way to run out of customers, it seems to me. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #628291 Thu Nov 17 2022 11:56am
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

DRW wrote:
I am asking the same question, I understand that my PCP is a tri party agreement between the dealership, finance company and myself, JLR Financial services have confirmed that they are unaware of this practise, also they have no paperwork relating to this?

JLR financial services said that the finance manager responsible for this large dealership group cannot respond as the paperwork is between the dealership and myself ?? I think we all have an idea why he doesn't want to tread on any toes, I have raised a complaint with JLR Financial services and await their response, the next step is the FCA and Ombudsman ?

Sorry I cannot post the poll can I please ask another member to post on my behalf?

There is (AFAIK) no specific law in the UK prohibiting two parties entering a legally binding agreement so I don't see the problem. If you don't like the T & C's then dpn't buy.

Not much different to buying a council/housing association house & being unable to sell it on the open market.

Post #628294 Thu Nov 17 2022 1:31pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

I don't see what's wrong with this - its been done by Porsche, Ferrari etc for years on their more desirable models. It just stops someone buying a popular car and flipping straight away for a huge mark up.

Was particularly bad with the new Defender V8 going for £50k over list.... so this stops people doing that.

The legality of it is questionable in a court of law - as you are ultimately disposing of an asset you own. But at a dealer level - it's a mild threat. Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #628349 Sat Nov 19 2022 9:30am
AlM

Australia 

Perhaps it depends on how this plays out on this particular use case: let’s say you had a “legitimate” reason for selling, eg unexpectedly being expat’ed to another country. Your only option under the contract is to sell it back to the dealer. You get lowballed, only to find your car is now back on the market for (say) +$50K. Has the dealer unfairly enriched himself at your expense? What recourse might you have? I suspect none. MY21.5 HSE 221KW D16
Gone:
F15 30D X5
E70 30D X5
E53 30D X5
Jeep Grande Cherokee v8

Post #628350 Sat Nov 19 2022 10:59am
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

If JLR are aware of dealers doing this pre-sale contract and also are turning a blind eye to the ridiculous amount of zero miles pre-registered cars going up for 10-20-30k+ over RRP then that's a bit much even for JLR.

With that being said nothing surprises me with JLR anymore. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #629654 Thu Jan 05 2023 4:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12