RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Meet the new Range Rover VELAR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 26 of 41 <123 ... 252627 ... 394041>

RRSman

United Kingdom 

Yes the D300 in Corris Grey (only three colour choices on the launch - Flux (matte Silver) , Silicon (green!) Silver and Corris which to me is the best bet. The FE car is fully loaded with 95% of all options available on the car including Matrix LED laser headlights, highest spec meridian sound system, biggest wheels, head up display, sliding pan roof, all driver assistance systems both off road and on, ambient lighting, heated cooled massage seats, surround camera with wade sensing, activity key, self parking systems, etc etc!

Updating my signature now. Thumbs Up

Post #526089 Mon May 15 2017 11:34am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

I think you have made the right choice ,plus the first editions will probably hold future value better. I still like the thought of the P380 though as all this negativity about Diesel is a worry imo. Still i don't think you keep them too long so not so bad. Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #526092 Mon May 15 2017 12:12pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Thanks - I will keep this until the new RRS updates are announced and if they are substantial then I will get back in to an RRS. For me the P380 does not make sense as I need a 4x4 for the family and school runs etc and really need something more economical and I know that petrol engine wont do more than 20mpg around town and probably even less if it sounds good Laughing

Post #526093 Mon May 15 2017 12:36pm
mike21

2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Good fun for a direct comparison Thumbs Up

http://www.caricos.com/comparisons/range-r...t_160.html 2019 BMW X3 2.0i M Sport in metalic black- Brilliant
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Atlantic Grey, replaced with 2018 Frost White Outlander PHEV, can't fault em - now gone
2012 SDV6 HSE in Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass & Side Steps (notice a theme)! - Even better but now gone
2009 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey, 20" alloys, Privacy Glass & Side Steps - Fantastic! but gone

Post #526544 Mon May 22 2017 5:57pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Speaking of a direct comparison, I happened to be passing a Land Rover dealership in Lincoln and they had a Velar in the showroom so I stopped for a look. The car was a Dynamic-R in SE trim, and I have to say that the interior at that level of specification seemed (leaving the touch screens aside) cheap and plastic. Sitting in it, it felt more Vauxhall than Range Rover.

The new centre-console touch screen is very impressive, although seemed complex for the number of functions it performs (which generally seemed the same as my RRS). You can't argue with the modernity and technology of the display, which seems very advanced and futuristic, but whether I could operate it on the move is another matter. Also, I personally prefer my wooden-trimmed centre console with its 'comfy' buttons - much more old-fashioned but, in my view, much more 'Range Rover'.

Externally, the smooth and well-finished detail, especially things like the door handles, is again futuristic and impressive, but to me fits the image of an up-market sports car rather than an archetypal Range Rover. The lack of exhausts seems odd, but I accept that that's just conventional thinking on my part, but the high sill across the boot entry is a major issue and would make loading, and especially unloading, heavy objects problematic.

I also thought the front end looked too big for the rest of the car, the area behind the 'C' pillar is weird (although well disguised with a black roof), and the back distinctly odd, like a Cheshire cat's grin.

I had a chat with the salesman, who told me they are taking orders for September delivery (which I assume is common knowledge) and that an Autobiography version was in the pipeline (looking at the quality of the SE interior, it can't come too soon!). I asked him what he thought the biggest selling point of the model was, and he said "more dynamic a drive than the RRS" - but not, I wouldn't think, with the engine on show, which was a puny 4-cylinder 2.2 litre diesel.

Having spent longer looking at it than I intended, I thought my RRS A/B looked 'fussy' and old-fashioned by comparison - but overall I much prefer it and don't look forward to the RRS acquiring the same attributes as the Velar in the short (i.e. facelift)and longer term (RRS3).

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #526561 Mon May 22 2017 8:54pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Still not seen a Velar in the flesh, but dealer contacted me today to say mine should be at dealers end of Sept, begining Oct.

Will see one, test drive it amd see how much I'll get back for my RRS and go from there...... Thumbs Up

Initial thoughts are that it looks small and expensive...... Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #526563 Mon May 22 2017 9:43pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

Going to hunters Derby tomorrow to show the wife. It's her I need to convince. She think it looks odd. She prefers our sport. My dealer giving me until June 7th to make my mind up and give up slot number 1

Post #526564 Mon May 22 2017 9:47pm
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

We are all different, but it's a no no for me. Will get another XC60 when changing my car. Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #526569 Mon May 22 2017 9:56pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

As an owner of Range Rovers for many years I think it looks awful, too many contrived curves and too much fussy detailing, I hope that this is not to be the future family shape for Range Rovers to come. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #526572 Mon May 22 2017 10:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

My sentiments entirely!

I forgot to mention, the low spec., feeble engined, version on display was over £68,000! Shocked

Post #526578 Mon May 22 2017 10:25pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:

I also thought the front end looked too big for the rest of the car, the area behind the 'C' pillar is weird (although well disguised with a black roof), and the back distinctly odd, like a Cheshire cat's grin.

This is the one external aspect that doesn't work for me. I like the front end, however. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #526579 Mon May 22 2017 10:43pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Not sure about it in red but what a beautiful looking car IMHO Mr. Green

Post #526597 Tue May 23 2017 1:06pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

No RRSman a black 458 is a beautiful looking car. Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #526620 Tue May 23 2017 7:37pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Laughing Thanks buddy - I won't deny that one Thumbs Up

Post #526655 Wed May 24 2017 9:13am
JAYMY17

United Kingdom 

I saw a R Design today (sorry no pics), but it looked like the launch model's colour combination. It was approaching a roundabout and then drove past me, while I was waiting to exit. Funnily the driver checked out my RRS and I checked out his Velar. Guess neither of us was feeling jealous of each other (I certainly wasn't). However, I thought it looked great (on a separate topic I am not feeling the same about the Disco5s I am seeing on the street).

Post #526661 Wed May 24 2017 10:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 26 of 41 <123 ... 252627 ... 394041>