RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Windscreen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Dickie, how are you getting on with your SVR, did you get the cooler sorted out? What interest have you had in the Supercharged, I can imagine they are difficult to shift. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #464165 Tue Jun 09 2015 6:10pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

SVR is simply EPIC - but I don't need to tell you that Mark! Got the cooler sorted a week or so ago and all seems well. I'm yet to diagnose yet though but I did a long drive from Devon yesterday and the centre armrest got V hot. I turned off the rear climate in case that was the culprit but I am a bit worried the retro fitted coolbox might be an issue. Have you had any issues Mark?

Supercharged sale has been slow..... I really could do with shifting one soon though as its not particularly useful running two! Especially as the Supercharged doesn't get a look in with the SVR keys available!

I've got it fairly competitively priced but think that might actually be putting off buyers by being too cheap they think there's something wrong with it.

Sadly, if I don't shift it soon I'll likely end up selling the SVR and keep the Supercharged until the winter. Pretty sure I won't have too much bother selling the SVR - apart from the major withdrawal symptoms! SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #464183 Tue Jun 09 2015 9:40pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

No issues with heat from the centre arm-rest on mine. I expect the chiller uses a Peltier effect heat pump and the heat extracted from the inside has to go somewhere but it's not going to be a lot. It's not just sunlight heating the inside and being absorbed by the black leather is it?

Sorry you are having trouble moving the Supercharged on. I assume WBAC's offer is completely ridiculous? The fear of high fuel consumption is rather irrational. My SVR has averaged 20.1 mpg since I've had it (admittedly no urban use). I don't know what the SDV6 would have done but the £4k of fuel I will put in it in a year is nothing compared to the depreciation.

I seem to remember you change your cars often and don't do huge miles. My SVR is most definitely a keeper. There isn't a single reason why I wouldn't want to keep it and what would I replace it with? The real danger is that in 5 years time, new cars like it will not exist any more, killed off by legislation. Mark

Post #464192 Wed Jun 10 2015 5:53am
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've got it fairly competitively priced but think that might actually be putting off buyers by being too cheap they think there's something wrong with it.

Sadly, if I don't shift it soon I'll likely end up selling the SVR and keep the Supercharged until the winter. Pretty sure I won't have too much bother selling the SVR - apart from the major withdrawal symptoms![/quote]

Can you post a link to the details of the sale?

Post #464196 Wed Jun 10 2015 7:33am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Think that might be against forum rules but happy to PM you a link. I'm sure it wouldn't take much detective work to find the ad for a 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged on Pistonheads though! SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #464197 Wed Jun 10 2015 7:52am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Looks good to me... Mark

Post #464199 Wed Jun 10 2015 8:27am
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

Phone call from Autoglass today.. Genuine screen will be fitted on 30th June.

Yes my thread was about my windscreen, not the interior's of SVR's 5.0 Ltr Superchrged RRS2, Chile Red, Sideways out of junctions!
TDV8 HST Stornaway on a 08.. remapped.. now gone and replaced, was a mighty fine car..
4.2 SC First Edition when they first came out, quick car!

Post #465046 Thu Jun 18 2015 9:38pm
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Wish I had read this before !

Now on my 4th screen and got a stome chip on Tuesday. Thankfully can be repaired.

Autoglass have replaced them all so far and now I know why !!!

Will insit on OE next time, just presumed what was fitted was OE

To be fair my last Sport had 2 new screens and not by Autoglass but probably not OE either.

Had both Sports from new, original OE screens didnt last long. MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #483640 Thu Dec 31 2015 12:45pm
duvl

United Kingdom 

Very strange....the same day the car had its 1st service (yesterday -11.5 months old) is the same day my front screen developed a 10'curved crack bottom middle. Car returned by dealer without the crack but after a few miles and whilst stationary I heard it go. Stationary at traffic lights, no stone etc, just a very neat curved crack appeared.Later today I'm taking the car in to see if I'm covered via warranty before I look to my Direct Line window insurance policy. Anybody experienced a dealers take on a front screen replacement for a less than year old car when it appears to be a manufacturing issue? RRS 4.4AB 15.5MY Fuji/Ivory
Thinkware F750 front/rear dashcam

Post #511891 Fri Dec 09 2016 9:30am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Had a new one fitted to my SDv6 yesterday under warranty - it was chipped on the driver side down near the bottom but the passenger side defroster element stopped working during the recent cold spell, so replaced under warranty. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #511902 Fri Dec 09 2016 11:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
duvl

United Kingdom 

duvl wrote:
Very strange....the same day the car had its 1st service (yesterday -11.5 months old) is the same day my front screen developed a 10'curved crack bottom middle. Car returned by dealer without the crack but after a few miles and whilst stationary I heard it go. Stationary at traffic lights, no stone etc, just a very neat curved crack appeared.Later today I'm taking the car in to see if I'm covered via warranty before I look to my Direct Line window insurance policy. Anybody experienced a dealers take on a front screen replacement for a less than year old car when it appears to be a manufacturing issue?

Dealer said it would be near impossible for them to pursue under warranty as it couldn't be proved either way as resulting from a manufacturing defect or a stone...pointed me to my insurance....Autoglass. I insisted OEM Pilkington etc but they couldn't confirm if that would be the case....then gave me lots of waffle etc etc. Informed them that on the day if Pilkington is not etched on the windscreen then I would decline the job. Booked for Dec 28th ......should be interesting! RRS 4.4AB 15.5MY Fuji/Ivory
Thinkware F750 front/rear dashcam

Post #511903 Fri Dec 09 2016 11:47am
Mike London

On my third screen, all fitted by Autoglass and all OE as agreed in advance with Admiral Insurance whose policy seems to accept OE for cars less than 3 years old. Been driving for 30 years and never had to replace a windscreen on any other car!
Bad luck or are RR screens prone to cracking from a single stone chip? 2014 RRS AB Santorini Black

Post #512876 Fri Dec 23 2016 10:55pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

General opinion is that LR doesn't make them like they used to - they are thinner than previous models which saves maybe max 0.5kg but in these days when getting emissions down every 100grm of weight saved counts, unfortunately for the poor owners it doesn't work like that and we have to replace screens because they chip and/or crack very easily. Mine was replaced under warranty 3 weeks ago as the passenger heater element gave up the ghost and couldn't be repaired but it is the only car in nearly 40 years of driving where I have had to replace a screen apart from my 2007 TDv8 RRS which also stone chipped but fortunately Autoglass were able to do one of their screen repairs to it and I didn't need a replacement. I reckon 1 chip and a blown element in 40 years is good going, although inconvenient! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat Dec 24 2016 9:47am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #512877 Fri Dec 23 2016 11:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

According to Autoglass the Pilkington laminated glass Screens they fit, don't have the audio/noise reduction coating on them, but they should be heated and tinted with area of shading top centre. They said I can only get the screen I want through JLR.
I've checked my handbook and sales configuration and my vehicle does have this special audio glass.
Can anyone explain what it is and why Autoglass don't supply? I have a few stone chips so was seeking advance info.
Thanks. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #512879 Sat Dec 24 2016 3:18am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Autoglass will work tirelessly to try to get you to accept a lower standard, and thus cheaper, screen. It's how they make their money. Check with your insurer and then order a screen from your LR dealership. That way you'll get the correct screen. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #512904 Sat Dec 24 2016 2:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>