RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > OEM Style LED Signature Halo Lights for 05-09
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 20 <123 ... 151617 181920>

Yumm

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Siberian Silver

I've currently narrowed it down to the lid off a jar of options hot chocolate which fits exactly or making a card cone to press over it while i spray. Did you spray the orange side reflectors as well?

Post #474613 Mon Sep 28 2015 7:50pm
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

No, ive left them orange on mine, on a couple of sets I did for others I replaced them with a bit of prismatic diffuser cut to the same shape MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #474615 Mon Sep 28 2015 8:06pm
m17kyu

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Java Black

I have painted the reflectors. No legal requirement for them on the front. If you look at the lights you will see the side light bulb get be inserted into there. Im guessing for US market L405 Autobiography
Suzuki Jimny offroad toy

Post #474620 Mon Sep 28 2015 8:30pm
Yumm

Oh thats good to know m17kyu, i did wonder. Got some carbon fibre lying around so might make some inserts to go with my side vents.

Post #474624 Mon Sep 28 2015 8:47pm
Yumm

Despite the very small margin around the headlight lens, I connected them up this morning and they did their merry little dance, panic over.

Steep learning curve day, spraying the internals, I cant recall ever spraying paint from an aerosol before. Thought I'd share what I did.

Having read up I used a syringe to put vaseline on the leds, this was to get very small blobs so only the actual illuminating part will be unpainted. That bit went well.

First can of spray, adhesion promoter. Went on the grey inserts fine, then I sprayed the chrome bezel round the lights. Nightmare. It beaded like water and ran down into recesses. Cue hurried mopping up and drop kicking of said can.

At that point I was ready to leave things as chrome but tried out primer without adhesion promoter on the indicator/side light piece. It went on better than I could have hoped for.

So, thought I'd risk spraying it straight onto the chrome bezel without adhesion promoter, now I think about it, I must have been nuts, but thankfully it went on really well. To mask the lens I used the top inch of an evian water bottle, to mask the reflector of the main beam round piece of card (in picture below), perfect fit.

Whilst waiting for the 3 coats of primer to dry and feeling rather happier at this point, I wrapped the orange reflectors in carbon fibre, subsequent to the photo they've had four coats of lacquer.

Black gloss time, and I have to admit I was bricking it, the pieces aren't the best shape to spray for a beginner. Evian bottle top utilised again and three coats later I may not bother with the three layers of clear coat I had intended to do as I'm pretty happy with the amount of sheen.

I know people talk about wet drying in between coats etc, but I wouldn't like to try it on the shape of the pieces involved, I'd just make it worse I think. Not sure what the issue was with the adhesion promoter, I may have been using it incorrectly, but I really don't recommend it!

Back together and into the car tomorrow.

Post #474716 Tue Sep 29 2015 6:36pm
Yumm

Big thanks to Sparky for sourcing the rings, and the very nice step by step instructions! I'm more than happy.

Have stone chips in the grill, so having now found I can actually spray paint, I may black off the whole grill, but thats for another day.

Post #474861 Wed Sep 30 2015 6:13pm
Lelic

Sweden 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Considering doing a conversion bit I'm a little worried about the wiring part. Is it too complicated for someone with no previous experience of electrical wiring?

Post #476227 Tue Oct 13 2015 10:22am
Yumm

Hi Lelic. The wiring is very simple. You get very clear and easy to understand instructions (with pictures). The most difficult part of the process is splitting the headlight, but even this, with patience, is easily accomplished. Even I managed to do it!

The guys on here are really helpful and will be able to give any help needed.

Totally worth the effort Thumbs Up

Post #476251 Tue Oct 13 2015 2:30pm
m17kyu

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Java Black

Word of warning.

Make sure your cables are away from the Pre Heaters exhaust. I have learnt the hard way today and had to cut a section out the cable as it was burn onto this. L405 Autobiography
Suzuki Jimny offroad toy

Post #476452 Thu Oct 15 2015 10:01am
Flatty7

United Kingdom 

Hi do you still have sets for sale? Thanks

Post #476986 Mon Oct 19 2015 4:39am
Flatty7

United Kingdom 

Hi do you still have sets for sale? Thanks

Post #476989 Mon Oct 19 2015 4:45am
garyd18166

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

DAB HEES.CO.UK
Do the rings @ £54.99
Its a easy job, use a hair dryer rotate it round the headlight 15 times until the glue is soft, pull away the cover...
your live feed on the 2006 hse sport is already for you its within the plug...test it for live...
I have also changed my cluster to blue, and changed the needles to red, ( like the super charged )

Post #480837 Tue Nov 24 2015 9:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
garyd18166

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

DAB HEES.CO.UK
Do the rings @ £54.99
Its a easy job, use a hair dryer rotate it round the headlight 15 times until the glue is soft, pull away the cover...
your live feed on the 2006 hse sport is already for you its within the plug...test it for live...
I have also changed my cluster to blue, and changed the needles to red, ( like the super charged )

Post #480838 Tue Nov 24 2015 9:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Flatty7

United Kingdom 

Just fitted my ones and am really pleased with the finished product, fairly easy to heat up and split the unit , colour coded the main internal part Java black and fitted a set of dabhes rings.
The wiring is very straight forward , the best thing to use is a "auto DRL switch" off of eBay was £4.99 delivered!
Just needs a live and negative feed which can be taken straight from the battery, they come on as soon as you start the car and then stay on for 10 seconds after you switch off👍 I also used a 2pin waterproof connector on the back of each headlight (also eBay £2) incase I need to remove a headlight for a lamp change 👍
I also wet flatted the lenses with some 800,1200 then 2000 wet and dry paper then machine polished them with some G3 compound
Just added some 2012 led rears that I'm really pleased with to 😃
Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread , I wouldn't have had the confidence to do it otherwise!!
Next thing to do when I get a minute is to connect a positive feed with a diode inline to the interior light in the footwell so they come on when the doors unlock 😉

Post #480841 Tue Nov 24 2015 10:33pm
MikeG

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Santorini Black

out of interest which led rears did you buy? there are so many out there and im not sure which ones to get. cheers. ps your car looks great now by the way Present-2008 RRS TDV8 HST
Present-2018 M4 Competition Pack limited edition in Riviera Blue
2017 M4 in San Marino BLUE
2016 M4 in Austin Yellow
2009 RRS TDV8- Alive tuned
Mitsubishi Evo X RS
Mitsubishi Evo 9 GT

Post #485019 Sun Jan 17 2016 6:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 16 of 20 <123 ... 151617 181920>