Post Reply  Down to end
Page 27 of 32 <123 ... 262728 ... 303132>

robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

YUM!!!

Private plate for the SVR bought Razz Mr. Green

should look very good on the motor Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #471414 Sun Aug 30 2015 9:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DaveW

United Kingdom 

You're right Phil, whilst I can't comment on the popularity of the bespoke builds, we haven't done a 1000.....

Post #471421 Sun Aug 30 2015 10:57am
robbo770

Not what Rob told me when he was on the system 2 days ago😳 None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #471436 Sun Aug 30 2015 1:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Rob must have been talking about the number of SVRs built, not the number of SVRs SVO Bespoke have done additional work on.

There have been over 1000 SVRs built. As you know, they are built alongside all of the other L494 cars - not by SVO elsewhere. Once off the line, the SVRs go to different area to have the SVR-specific bits added that would take too much time to do on the line (wheel spats and the like).

There will only have been a handful of SVRs built as the base model with no options (I wouldn't be surprised if this was even less than that).

There will also been those that have had SVO Bespoke additions (paint, interior, etc). 

Post #471451 Sun Aug 30 2015 3:20pm
rich1231

I believe my car is about to enter build Smile It feels like forever since it was ordered. I missed the spec change deadline, but only wanted to add Inontrol Wifi in addition to previous bits. But its now standard Smile

Post #471820 Thu Sep 03 2015 7:30am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Well as another lucky chap soon takes delivery of their SVR, I'm now bowing out.

I had an absolute blast in my SVR and I'd say some of the most enjoyable 8000 miles I've driven. Just sold the car for £1000 more than I paid so no complaints really about having some depreciation free motoring!

Buyer wasn't interested in my RR15SVR plate as they had their own plate so I'll be looking to shift that separately if anyone knows someone looking for one!

I'm sure I'll be back in an SVR one day but for now its back to a L405 (V8 Diesel sadly) and putting the extra cash into an Evoque Convertible for the wife.

SVR is a beast Rich, and you'll certainly love it. SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #471823 Thu Sep 03 2015 7:42am
robbo770

why did you sell it so quickly? Shocked None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #471834 Thu Sep 03 2015 9:01am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Mainly as I've just moved house to the other side of the country with work and because I would be putting on far more miles than the 8000 I've done in the last 5 months thought it better to not keep pouring even more money into the fuel tank!

Timing-wise I think/hope that I got it right that I've had 8000 miles of depreciation free motoring in an awesome car - difficult to do that in many other models these days and I don't think it'll be possible in the SVR anymore.

Loved the SVR and would certainly have another but I've now got the opportunity to put the money into something else. SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

Post #472197 Sun Sep 06 2015 2:33pm
Aloha

Trying to decide between the 5.0 ATB and the SVR and am looking for some input Smile
I drove the SVR and I was hooked, nice, really nice. The ATB on the other hand also has a lot of appeal (color choice, more comfortable seats, less "in your face") but I have not driven it (TDv6 at the moment).

-Does anyone know what the difference in total car weight is with the metal roof/fixed roof/sliding roof for the SVR?
-I drove the SVR demo with the 22" wheels, is the 22" ATB a more comfortable ride (I didnt find the SVR harsh but was wondering if there is a big/any difference)
-Was really impressed with the "solid" feel of the SVR, I drove a SDv6 and it felt a lot more clunky/loose, the TDv6 feels more solid then the SDv6 but doesnt have the same roll control. Dealer couldnt tell me if the 5.0 ATB is more like the SDv6 or TDv6 (or SVR)
-Does the SVR "adapt" itself to the 21" wheels? (the Pirelli verde tires have a lot less grip, might be dangerous/surprising lol if the safety systems,DSC etc are tuned for way more grippy tires)
-How are the 22" (conti tires) in the rain, especially regarding aquaplaning?

Thanks.

Post #472899 Sat Sep 12 2015 6:53pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Aloha,

I ran both my SVR and Supercharged for a few months whilst the latter was for sale. I would say that when not pressing on the ride comfort and general driving feel is almost identical in both. I had 22s on my 5.0L too and there was no perceivable difference in the ride between them and my SVR.

The big difference when you stamp on the gas isn't really in the acceleration, which in both is breathtaking, but more in the sheer drama and theatre you get with the SVR. The 5.0L would accelerate at a similar rate to the SVR (albeit not quick as quickly) but did it in a much more understated way. You still got a satisfying growl from the V8 but nothing like the menacing raspy howl from the SVR.

I absolutely loved the SVR sound and it was so addictive, however my wife preferred the 5.0L. She did find the SVR a bit too noisey for her liking compared to the 5.0L. When cruising the SVR is also noticeable noisier inside than the 5.0L, even with the exhaust baffles closed.

In Dynamic and Sport mode though is where the two cars really do differ. The 5.0L certain does become sharper and more responsive but the SVR genuinely turns almost sports-car-like; it is staggering

My personal concern would be what would happen come the time to part company. SVR will always command a reasonable premium and I think the 5.0L will depreciate quite significantly now especially with SVRs in the offering for someone after a fast RRS. SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

Post #473249 Tue Sep 15 2015 9:20am
rich1231

Anyone found a non LR source for the oil for SVR's?

Post #473262 Tue Sep 15 2015 10:43am
Aloha

Dickie wrote:
Aloha,

I ran both my SVR and Supercharged for a few months whilst the latter was for sale. I would say that when not pressing on the ride comfort and general driving feel is almost identical in both. I had 22s on my 5.0L too and there was no perceivable difference in the ride between them and my SVR.

The big difference when you stamp on the gas isn't really in the acceleration, which in both is breathtaking, but more in the sheer drama and theatre you get with the SVR. The 5.0L would accelerate at a similar rate to the SVR (albeit not quick as quickly) but did it in a much more understated way. You still got a satisfying growl from the V8 but nothing like the menacing raspy howl from the SVR.

I absolutely loved the SVR sound and it was so addictive, however my wife preferred the 5.0L. She did find the SVR a bit too noisey for her liking compared to the 5.0L. When cruising the SVR is also noticeable noisier inside than the 5.0L, even with the exhaust baffles closed.

In Dynamic and Sport mode though is where the two cars really do differ. The 5.0L certain does become sharper and more responsive but the SVR genuinely turns almost sports-car-like; it is staggering

My personal concern would be what would happen come the time to part company. SVR will always command a reasonable premium and I think the 5.0L will depreciate quite significantly now especially with SVRs in the offering for someone after a fast RRS.

Thanks Dickie Smile

Lots to think about...., my wife also found it noisy when cruising (she called it "droning", with the flaps closed also, allthough a lot less) Good point about the depreciation, even worse here because most buyers prefer the diesels.

Was your Supercharged "clunky/loose" when hitting speedbumps etc ? I really noticed that when driving the SDv6, the SVR was miles better (my TDv6 is somewhere inbetween)
No Supercharged(demo) is available here for me to compare (NL) and the lack of "looseness" is probably the biggest reason for me to choose the SVR over the Supercharged besides the sound lol (My wife thinks Im crazy)

Post #473265 Tue Sep 15 2015 11:20am
DaveW

United Kingdom 

Aloha wrote:
Trying to decide between the 5.0 ATB and the SVR and am looking for some input Smile
I drove the SVR and I was hooked, nice, really nice. The ATB on the other hand also has a lot of appeal (color choice, more comfortable seats, less "in your face") but I have not driven it (TDv6 at the moment).

-Does anyone know what the difference in total car weight is with the metal roof/fixed roof/sliding roof for the SVR?
-I drove the SVR demo with the 22" wheels, is the 22" ATB a more comfortable ride (I didnt find the SVR harsh but was wondering if there is a big/any difference)
-Was really impressed with the "solid" feel of the SVR, I drove a SDv6 and it felt a lot more clunky/loose, the TDv6 feels more solid then the SDv6 but doesnt have the same roll control. Dealer couldnt tell me if the 5.0 ATB is more like the SDv6 or TDv6 (or SVR)
-Does the SVR "adapt" itself to the 21" wheels? (the Pirelli verde tires have a lot less grip, might be dangerous/surprising lol if the safety systems,DSC etc are tuned for way more grippy tires)
-How are the 22" (conti tires) in the rain, especially regarding aquaplaning?

Thanks.

To answer your questions:
There is obviously a difference in weight for the panoramic roof with a small increase when going sliding roof but the ARC system and suspension are tuned to accommodate this.

We worked hard on chassis set up in order to match the ride quality of the standard car - the SVR is a Range Rover after all!

I can't comment on the fit and finish. However, the SVR has different subframe bushes and a different ARC map to the standard cars.

The SVRs are signed off on both 21" wheels as standard with the optional 22"s included in the chassis control maps. The 22"s are a more tarmac focussed tyre but still hugely capable off road.

The Conti CS5's are pretty epic in the wet; you should have no concerns here.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions you want answering Thumbs Up

Post #473283 Tue Sep 15 2015 2:54pm
Aloha

Thanks for the explanation DaveW Smile

Post #473304 Tue Sep 15 2015 5:57pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

"They wanted the SVR to have even more power on snow"

DAVE WARNER
RANGE ROVER SPORT SVR LEAD ENGINEER, LAND ROVER

http://www.landrover.com/bond-experience/spectre-007.html

Wearing a suit no less. Very Happy

Interesting mix of RRS and SVR interiors and exteriors. And how much 'more' power did they want? Very Happy 

Post #473381 Wed Sep 16 2015 6:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 27 of 32 <123 ... 262728 ... 303132>